Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

poty posted:

dear figgies community

im thinking of buying an eames lounge chair for my (cheap) rental apartment. its like 5k. it looks good and im guessing it should have some resale value

1. they are not as comfortable as they look
2. you can get a used one w/ new upholstery for a couple grand
3. knockoffs are even cheaper

i mean it's literally made of plywood. when you live in a loving rental, there is no reason to spend $5k on plywood and stitching ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Roosevelt posted:

it is actually p deece indeed

in rural oklahoma maybe?

(is any figgy truly deece if it obliges a man to live in rural oklahoma?)

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

RISCy Business posted:

the definition of "p deece" also varies based on location

for instance, 80k in michigan is p deece, but 80k in new york is probably not deece at all

$80k is a living wage in either place, but for a computer toucher, it is not an impressive figure in either place

in summation, while $80k is more than enough to live in, it is never p deece

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Laslow posted:

80k would be p deece in some parts of the Midwest but then you have to live there, so it’s an automatic disqualification, a catch 22.

i was a computer toucher in the Midwest for many years

while it permits a totally adequate standard of living, 80k was not gonna wow anybody

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
the fully sick wage for midwestern computer touches was the almost mythical sixth figgie

and so we come full circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

i see what you did there

• Locked thread