Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

personally I can't wait to see how soon it'll take for Chris Paul to start barking at Harden. It might be as soon as the second quarter tonight!

Sixers/Wizards will be a good matchup tomorrow, will be interesting to see how many minutes Embiid gets.

thought: I think we're going to see the coaching carousel start up again in earnest this season. lots of middle of the road teams have their eyes set on the playoffs. could easily see people like Dwane Casey, Terry Stotts, Alvin Gentry, etc get the boot if their teams don't make a good impression. probably not any midseason firings though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My hottest take is that the Nets end up looking super competent and the 18 draft pick tanks in value

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

N: outside of the nasty Hayward injury, this has been a good night of basketball

V: there is no sound more beautiful than a swish, don’t you all agree?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Wait! The Rockets won?? I went to bed at the start of the fourth but holy poo poo lol

Sixers and Wolves both playing tonight I’m hype, go get em boys

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought Jaylen Brown looked really good yesterday, he’s definitely making a leap this year since there’s a Hayward sized hole in the lineup. Good shooting from him and he was solid on defense, mostly

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if the NBA goes to a draft out of HS and one year in the G-League that is a major boost for clubs with good player development

the Spurs making an army out of HS prospects scares me

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think if a team is smart they’ll be running the same system that they run at the big club, and they’ll also invest in a capable training staff that features how to work out correctly, a good nutritionist, etc

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Coffee Grindr posted:

NBA games are at like 10am - 1pm here. I've just moved into a private office at work.

My productivity is going to hit rock bottom.

you're living your best life, you lucky bastard

Sixers gonna kill it tonight

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

N: The Sixers are 0-1, but Embiid put up 18/13/3 and didn't shatter into a million pieces; Simmons scored 20 and had 10 assists and looked like a young point god in the making. love. this. team!

V: The Sixers have tons of potential that is going to be realized if everyone stays healthy! Hung in there against the second-best team in the conference and the offense looked so so good

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Am I the only one who hates how NBA box scores are set up? They make my eyes almost glaze over when I'm looking for a specific stat

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I am going to be carrying the Giannis for MVP water all year, especially if the Bucks manage to snag a top 4 seed

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that's two nasty season-ending injuries in two games so far. is the shortened pre-season a possible cause for this? or is it just freak injuries happening really early?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think they were trying to make FEDS a thing after the draft, but it never really stuck. But I hope it doesn't stick, it sounds stupid

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jota posted:

just because he's about to kill a bunch of black dudes this year doesn't mean he's a cop

:eyepop:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

EMC posted:

I am here for the hot Lonzo Ball takes

he sucks, op

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

N: https://twitter.com/anthgaston/status/921209910318239745

V: Luke Walton is going to die for LaVar Ball’s sin of hubris, what a shame

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I am so happy that the NBA is back

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

NotWearingPants posted:

https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/921446772769280001

oh no, the Sixers aren't going to be able to re-sign Covington are they?

If Covington continues to ball out I can see someone throwing near-max to max money at him. he deserves to get paid because he's actually a 3 and D player and deserves that title

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This doesn't look particularly promising

https://twitter.com/LRam2/status/921455042976145409

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

blue squares posted:

I hope this means what I think it means

by being the longest team in the NBA, the Bucks are able to play hard, physical defense about as well as anyone

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

they've showed the highlight of Ball getting knocked on his rear end by Pat Bev so many times today and I think it's so funny

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ghost Dog posted:

thats an ok van gundy video but consider this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21cE2aUbWB0

that's the best dribbling video I've ever seen

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/celticsjunkies/status/921561074381574146

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

GobiasIndustries posted:

Just prepping myself for the hot takes re: his near triple-double tomorrow

LaVar is vindicated, BBB is overtaking Nike by Q2 2018, Lonzo is about to Make the Lakers Great Again, there's never been a rookie with his ability, etc.

I think I've got you covered

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

lol the Warriors have been unable to solve the Grizzlies at times throughout this run and they get so mad each time

that owns

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

:five:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Giannis is playing for his dad, who died last month when he was visiting Milwaukee

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/921948739715055616

he is so winning MVP this year

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bledsoe feels like a good fit on Milwaukee, just on a gut reaction

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lol the tweet totally got him fired, and that meeting was how long? 45 minutes?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hmm, so there’s a PG injury to the Clippers and there’s a disgruntled guard in Phoenix who wants out because of too much losing

It would be very funny if the Clips bring back Bledsoe and they have better synergy than at any time during CP3’s tenure

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

man the Wolves are gonna be so good even in this meat grinder of a West

wait until they figure out the defense

also question: is it weird to be paying attention to multiple teams at a time? Like this year I'm keeping tabs on the Sixers, Bucks, and Wolves. I feel that basketball is particularly conducive to being able to root for multiple teams just because of the smaller rosters and such

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

lol John Wall is going to eat Zo alive

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

BWV posted:

Steph was going to be suspended but he blamed it on his poorer classmate who lives on the other side of town.

this is top tier

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

hot take: that Jordan Bell dunk owns and if the Mavs weren't happy about it they should have played better :colbert:

also the best LeBron season is 12-13 no question

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

seriously, I think Fultz has to be hurt and he's trying to play through it for some dumb reason. or, he's changed his jumper so much he's just trying to find rhythm with it

it makes no sense in either case, why isn't he sitting until he's right/unbricks himself

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

shut down Fultz for all that's good and holy

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Blake ate Rudy for dinner and didn’t leave any leftovers, that’s what happened

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ya, the Switch is so good and it often breaks my brain at how simple and easy the concept of switching from home console to handheld is; hopefully 2K19 isn't total butt so I can play it on the go

in basketball news, I was taking a look at Hollinger's team stats (small sample, I know) and I was surprised that the Clippers currently have the best defensive efficiency. Obviously, they've played two very bad teams but it's still interesting to see.

The Wolves are near the bottom of the league which isn't surprising considering Butler is out but drat that 112.7 per 100 possessions is still an eyesore

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/923324037907935233

lol if this is the next great thing that players do during warm-ups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Bucks need to incorporate their cartoon logo into more merchandise, just a thought

• Locked thread