Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I love the rescue ranger but agree that it was completely broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

If I had to guess it's because the non-factory new ones were only recently changed to be able to spawn so there's less of them

That being said the patch today already reverted it so that they're always factory new and old ones will be changed back so :shrug:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

you're better off backing off and trying to hit with a flare gun since that'll also crit and it puts some distance between you and the now upset enemy

if you're playing to sneak up on people you may as well be running the backburner since that'll kill anything in 2-3 seconds

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

valve bring back arena mode

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

We Know Catheters posted:

Go play counter strike

no

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

my favorite thing about jungle inferno was how it was first teased almost a year before it actually released

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Pyro with phlog or backburner is so fun and makes people so mad when you're good at it

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think expecting valve to care about tf2 at this point might be a bit too optimistic

why think about tf2 when they're got their next cashcow, a dota 2 card game to worry about

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I'd rather valve gracefully (as gracefully as they can with a game that's over a decade old) end content support and move on than hope beyond hope that eventually we'll get an update that'll somehow make TF2 magically relevant again

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I don't think I could get tired of playing badwater it's one of my favorite maps in video games

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

hell yes time to play nothing but helltower for a month

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

the biggest crime with this game is that the last comic is probably never coming out

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The blog post for the last Smissmas is still on the first page and most of the text is literally copypasted over lmao

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Why even keep the game installed at this point

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

TF2 Classic is ridiculously fun and has just enough good features and weapons carried over from modern TF2 without any of the cruft

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

this tier list maker sucks because it doesn't include Helltower, which is Actually the best map in the game

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Glad that the Halloween event finally started so that I can play nothing but Helltower like I do every year

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Pyro has incredible close range dps while still being relatively fast and not being restricted to a clip size, the only problem is that getting that close usually kills you but invulnerability solves that problem completely

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The only option is to equip the backburner and play Pyro like God intended you to play, by flanking the enemy team and melting them*

*this assumes the back detection works as intended, which is basically never

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Can't wait for the last issue of the bimonthly comic that valve is definitely working on

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

If faceit attracts and holds a large enough community it could really revitalize interest in this game so I hope it does well, even now there's really no game that scratches that tf2 itch

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Also if you already have access to the private beta up to 10 people can use a referral link to enter it right away. If you wanted to use mine you can go here: https://www.faceit.com/en/r/GbMgUT

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Valve has effectively gotten all of the supposed "benefits" of running NFTs without dealing with a lot of what people are pushing back on. People have "ownership" over their items (which never leaves Valve's control and doesn't actually belong to the end user) and they can sell them to other people through a controlled marketplace, of which Valve take a cut of each transaction. There's even unique identifiers and artificial scarcity to drive prices higher.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

You can't right click an unusual and wear it yourself.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

As much as I was looking forward to Meet your Match it definitely made the game feel a lot more stale and was probably the update that ruined it for me. I never really realized how much TF2 was both a community and a game to me and that's what made it so appealing, and with the matchmaking update the community is gone and only the game remains. Sure there are still some community servers that see people but not in the same way there was pre-mym, where the maps you played were left to the rtv vote and whatever admin felt like putting in, and you would see a lot of the same faces and names when you joined a server. TF2 just feels so empty and emotionless to me now.

Also we're never getting the last issue of the bimonthly comic and that's the biggest sin of all.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

hydro is a good map trapped in a bad game mode

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

helltower is still the best map in the game

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I haven't seen many ON halloween maps and the ones that do show usually get kicked before too long

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The halloween update has been out for a few days (and includes some fun zombie infection maps!) but the game is mostly unplayable due to the amount of bots present

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Every time someone complains about the direct hit I shoot down another sentry nest with it