Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

no it's supposed to make them take a lot of damage to kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Killing a capturing enemy has always showed up in the killfeed as "defended the objective"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kunai caps at 180. What's the glitch?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Minicrits don't have damage falloff, right?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Demo would have two kinds of pipe launcher. Come on now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

don't think a usual hat would go for very much

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

quote:

Chat from other players sounds a bit garbled, but that's likely a result of those players' using poor quality microphones and headsets.

or the voice codec is literally a decade old? who's letting infants review old games

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So what you're saying is, Overwatch was designed by scrubs who were mad that scouts kept killing them.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Galaxander posted:

I think it's a tragedy when red wins in any A/D situation, because it likely means most of the match was spent with blue throwing their bodies into a meat grinder because casual players won't coordinate. Not that red doesn't earn the victory, but it's just boring to play from either side.

So I think it's good that Steel becomes increasingly stacked against red.

What if there was a map where every kill red got decreased their defense timer a bit?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

if someone pulls out melee and runs at you, pull out yours and slapfight them just shoot them and laugh if they get mad in chat

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Xander77 posted:

It's weird that TF2wiki doesn't seem to track all the changes weapons go through. Is there a resource for that?

yeah it's called the TF2 wiki

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They also all have a passive -6 max shotgun ammo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

final smash is the beggar's bazooka on a x10 server

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I want the Vaccinator gone because it's incredibly aggravating to use correctly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

hell yeah give me medic but worse designed and not funny

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was a whole video how the TF2 Medic is just better designed as character and gameplay class than Mercy so much it really isn't even funny

I mean the basic thing about every TF2 character is they're an obvious cliche but also a goofy subversion of it

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZi0I1bV8i8

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

oh boy here comes a medic with the vaccinator, hope you like seeing constant very specific limp and unsatisfying half-ubers when you could have been building up for crits or total invincibility

I don't like it as an enemy, I don't like it as a medic, I don't want to have it used on me as opposed to any other medigun. Bad item.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

I don't really think it would work for classes besides Heavy(as the loss in range would be made up by an increase in both burst damage and mobility), especially in regards to Sniper as you forget that his SMG's are mediocre(indeed the only guns in the game that are probably outright worse are the Righteous Bison, the Manmelter, the Babyface's Blaster, and the Backscatter)

the medic technically has syringe guns ok

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

wait

you lot are just leaving your computers on all the time?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

i feel like I'm communicating with a parallel universe here

give your computers a rest, gently caress

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

why would anyone want to play VIP mode

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Any of y'all been seeing Slap Chop ads on YouTube? There's a blast from the past.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think they're new ones, the recording quality doesn't look old and he makes a crack about "we're making America healthy again" which wouldn't exactly have been relevant in 2009. Weird.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

there was that one hacker who hosed up Titanfall so badly that he got the game to crash on the title screen. everyone's game.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Amputator does give uber from healing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Unhappy Meal posted:

What strange times we live in with a new Team Service Announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT7NcPSRtys

I get it, but I swear the older ones were a lot better produced than this, and the joke is pretty much the same as the pocket medics one.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dongicus posted:

anyone know of a good uk/eu server that plays all the maps and isnt full of n word killers

racism gaming

I think I'm missing something about this from having to squint at it on my phone, what's the racism?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ArfJason posted:

to me the problem is that it does aoe on surface impact if you miss, which is Big Noob, it does a double hit, it does knockback, it does normal amount of afterburn damage and time, it lets you flare jump, it does extra damage on burning players and it destroys stickybombs. Individually none of these things really matter that much, but it does too many things for one single weapon.

Yeah it's exactly this. It might not be the pubstomper godgun, but it's not balanced relative to other Pyro secondaries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvBdNWJlZkA

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'll believe it when I see it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Right clicking, pressing 3 and left clicking while facing a wall isn't skillful, it's an MMO button rotation. They fixed the airblast by making it actually make sense.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Final points being easy to capture is the point. It lets the game actually come to an end instead of being an endless sine wave shaped stalemate. It's comp babies whining about the fact that they lose half their games.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kaal posted:

Payload is fine, and does a better job of ensuring every class has a role than other modes. The real issue is servers that don't regularly switch between maps with a variety of modes, and I'd trace the decline of TF2 to when they started promoting single map / type gameplay. Dustbowl 24/7 servers already existed for those that wanted them, but on the whole limiting the game to specific modes makes it stale.

Dustbowl 24/7 is just one round of Dustbowl.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

From what I've seen of it it feels a little bit slower overall than PC. Like every single thing happens maybe 10% slower than I'm used to.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jippa posted:

Reposting this because it's funny. The guys getting mad at the engies on dustbowl had me chuckling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4

is that not gravelpit

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The thumbnail is from when a blue medic heals a red spy as they sap a sentry then block the door so the engy can't get back. That is on 2fort yes

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No, no, it has bases. Easy mistake to make.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hydrowns

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/arranseaton/status/1581614130007797760

Looks like they're having fun.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Man. I tried playing on Uncletopia servers and I was getting godawful ping spikes every few seconds. Weird thing was that they didn't show up on the scoreboard ping, only when I set net_graph to 2 and watched them go. From 30-40 ping to suddenly over 3000 for a full second, entire game freezing up, basically unplayable. But on Valve servers, I didn't notice a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Captain Invictus on here used to have a side hustle trading TF2 items IIRC. You could maybe PM him and see if he'll help.