Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Heavy buffs for all miniguns? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Jose Mengelez posted:

hey valve you can put the item server back up now.

And the game coordination server would be good too.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I managed to purchase the campaign pass, but it's impossible to activate and the game servers still aren't working. Welp.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Roth posted:

For some reason I thought the campaign pass was free?

There's a small free version for unlocking the new pyro stuff, and a much larger one that's paid, like previous campaign passes.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I do not like the new pyro flame effects. Puffing now gives off zero noticeable flames and looks really weird.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
If I hand in a contract without completing the bonus missions, can I go back to it later or is it closed forever? I haven't finished the first contract yet because I still need to get 10 points in one life 3 more times :suicide:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I found a way to cheese the 10 points in one life - go vaccinator medic and spam ubers in setup :v:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So how about that Heavy overheal exploit, huh?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

nielsm posted:

I did encounter a few heavies that seemed to suck up far too much damage. So there may actually be some bug? (I'd guess with the new GRU max-health-drain mechanic.)

Yeah - I won't detail it unless someone asks me to but you can find it easily enough with a google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Paul MaudDib posted:

I was playing last night and I think I saw one bot all evening. I wonder if Valve has cracked down on bots or done a big VAC ban wave. I actually had a bunch of balanced, pleasant games, it was really nice.

Played this morning for a good long while and saw just one. A couple of my friends are just getting into the game at the moment so if the bots have vanished that's gonna make a much better first impression, hah.

Speaking of the new player experience: it keeps asking those friends what they think of random crits, and stuff like that. They have absolutely no idea how to answer that, and I've never even seen those popups! Recognise my thousands of hours, Valve, I want to tell you that random crits are good. :mad: