Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i just noticed that the pyro's jetpack has "07 17" on it, cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Peanut President posted:

bronies, small children, and bad posters

*raises hand for attendance*

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i cant believe they actually gave pyro the napalm poo poo people got berated for suggesting ITT for years

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i feel like the setup building thing has to be a general engineer change that was just formatted wrong, it makes no sense to tie it to a specific weapon

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
TF2 is suddenly detecting my ps4 controller and as soon as I join a game it locks out my mouse so I can't navigate menus (like picking a team), any idea how to disable this without just unplugging my controller every time I boot the game up

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that's not actually that much more than usual, if you check steamcharts for the past while seeing ~58k was pretty common. i'm wondering what things will be like over the weekend though, if TF2 managed to get 100k+ id lose my mind

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the pyro-specific one is free

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
dang i figured the maintenance last night was going to make matchmaking better, but i've still been in queue for 20 minutes with no sign of that changing. and hearing that the fps drops/stutters are still happening is also pretty unfort

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i dont really get the Dragon's Fury's reload text. it says something about hitting consecutive shots giving you a bonus reload speed but i dont remember needing to ever reload

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bob Locke posted:

This is TF2 still right? Where the Soldier is be far the best class in the game in every situation but no one wants to touch him because comp players will throw a big blubbery fit?

This new gun is a mid range rocket launcher with no reload, faster firing speed, and a projectile so loving big you can't see poo poo while its shooting at you.

it doesnt splash

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the new pyro weapon has basically zero similarities to the rocket launcher beyond "it's a projectile"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nerdbot posted:

re: crits I kinda feel like the #1 reason they still exist is because Valve would have to rebalance a lot of weapons where that is the only downside

i think crits still exist because the only way the 4 engies huddled up in the corner on Badwater are going to die is to a crit roller landing at their feet, since no way in hell are people going to play medic, let alone organize a good uber push in 80% of servers

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
this update gave pyro literally zero tools for dealing with engineer, just build a sentry somewhere. you even live a Dragon's Fury 2-hit if you have baby sentries, but you can basically play Fun Police right now with a level 3 put pretty much anywhere on the map

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
payload is inherently boring in league because someone needs to be The Cart Fucker, and i imagine it's even worse in payload race. Also the cart spends a significant amount of time right by the enemy's spawn and, based on my comp ctf experience, that's always a disaster

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

this isn't the harry gomm vid

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Reiley posted:

Remember when "a jar of piss" was an April Fool's joke weapon idea?

This but "a jet pack for the Pyro".

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
every time i watch an uncle dane vid it makes me want to play highlander engie before remembering highlander is a huge pain in the rear end now that TF2Lobby is dead

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Warpy posted:

Come To https://tf2center.com

Highlanders/6s/ultiduo 24/7 in eurolands and americanlands

It never ends... never stops always highlander.

There are also other fine websites like tf2pl, tf2pugs, pugchamp, mixchamp, and tf2stadium but they more about 6s/7s??

What's 7s like

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

IronicDongz posted:

I just realized that noclipping soldier is a_seagull. incredible

pretty sure those are just people who changed their names, like when daniel and friends make that fake vid about the old hacking guy where they all changed their names to big time pros and turned the server speed down to 25%

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcB85aX1pqY

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
dang

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the lag thing sucks but it's super common for any game or stream celeb to get trolled or have a bunch of people try to stream snipe them, ESPECIALLY in games where you can just join whatever server you want. Dane mentioned in one of his videos that competitive mode would be one of the best possible things that could exist for streamers because random people can't just join your game to get on stream, and most people don't want to waste their ELO on trolling.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dabir posted:

So what you're saying is, Overwatch was designed by scrubs who were mad that scouts kept killing them.

OW didn't have a kill feed until very late into its beta, by design

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
heres an old video of emron singing and joe talking about orzo's config if anyone wants to remember what 2009 was like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uq7B96CvsY

e: lol i forgot it has xizk getting a headshot too. it truly is the LCs experience

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
long shot, but does anyone have a very old tf2 frag video from an EU team where there was a lot of skybox editing? i can't remember who made it or which team it was, but there were two halves and one of them had "Lollipop" by mika as the song. the whole tone was very peppy. this would have been like 2010-ish i think? i'm not sure if it even exists anymore but i thought about it earlier today and its driving me crazy trying to find it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oh my god bless

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Where's the heavy update

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I mean I think people agree the engineer isn't as strong as Soldier but also (correctly) think the Wrangler shield is bad and should be nerfed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
heavy update when

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jewel posted:

the idea of just saying "yeah i'll play a round of tf2" and being able to just do that without joining midway through a game is soooo good -- plus the antibot and being able to bring along a group of friends, this sounds exactly like what I've been craving; and no other current pvp fps that already has these features is very good imo

The tf2lobby days were great and while this isn't exactly the same it's still cool

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't play pyro much but I generally use the backburner because I'm here to frag, not to tag (someone with fire)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ArfJason posted:

check out this 2010 clip i just found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jH--sgyRAM

im that med

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Xander77 posted:

LazyPurple's Feature-Length Clip-Dump

I'm just glad to see he's still around.

zoolooman spotted

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its a shame that windyman never evolved to his final form of esoteric tf2 class content creator for pyro ala uncle dane

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That server owns OP, don't let the haters and the trolls tell you otherwise

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sniper, like all the classes, pwns

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a friend of mine just got a trade offer for his alien swarm hat, $200 worth of keys. apparently there's some bug with how the paint on them works but google isn't finding anything and all the listings I see are for basically nothing, any idea what happened?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Maybe, but he actually got the keys and has sold most (maybe all by now) of them for around $200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
well mystery solved:

quote:

Basically when they released new team colored paints in 2011, something went wrong with the initial release and resulted in some items ending up like this where they only have blue paint and no red paint. To my knowledge, no one knows exactly why it happened, but it is very rare and extremely hard to track down items like this. In game, the item also only shows half paint and the paint only works on blu team. On red team, the item appears unpainted.
In terms of the effect it has on the item in game it's somewhat lame but in terms of glitch collecting I consider it one of the most interesting bugs, which is why I'm devoting such a ridiculous amount of time to tracking them down.