Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V8vH-Zvwto

Y'all like some fuckin' Power Rangers?! Get ready for Power Rangers HyperForce, an officially licensed tabletop roleplaying stream coming to you from Saban and the fine folks at Hyper RPG.

What's the game about? We'll let the official copy do the talking.

quote:

Power Rangers Hyperforce is set in the year 3016 at Time Force Academy. A team of Time Force Ranger cadets must band together to defeat an ancient evil who is set on unraveling the very fabric of the universe. Under the leadership of their mentor, Jen Scott, and with the show’s Game Master, Malika Lim, the newly minted Rangers will cross both time and space to complete their mission while running into many familiar eras (and faces) along the way.

The stakes have never been higher as the players learn what it means to be a Ranger in a live, tabletop RPG environment where anything can happen.

Hyper RPG has developed a Twitch Extension that will allow viewers to select a Ranger that is permanently tied to the user’s unique ID. Viewers will be able to send their Ranger out on daily missions, boss battles, and raids, as well as trade cool loot with other players.

Sounds pretty alright.

But who are the Rangers?!

Good question!

We've got:

Peter Sudarso (the Blue Ranger from Power Rangers Ninja Steel) as Marv, the Red Ranger
Andre Meadows (Black Nerd Comedy) as Eddie, the Blue Ranger
Meghan Camarena (social media personality Strawburry17) as Chloe, the Pink Ranger
Paul Schrier (BULK, BABY) as Jack, the Yellow Ranger
Cristina Vee (voice actor for a whole buncha stuff) as Vesper, the Black Ranger

Plus plenty of guests, including Erin Cahill reprising her role as Jen from Time Force.

Interested? Of course you are. So now I guess you wanna watch it.

Well, all you gotta do is head down to https://twitch.tv/hyperrpg every Tuesday starting the 24th at 9:00PM E/6:00 P for 25 episodes of Ranger action!

If you want more information about the game, including the custom system in use, Hyper RPG did a panel discussing it at TwitchCon this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXfBMaKH4Pk

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah sure I can fit more people playing tabletop games on streams into my life why not

my big concern is still this getting a public release though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The first episode is about to start!

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
Any word on when the episodes are supposed to hit Youtube? I'm curious, but I work during their show time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Episodes are planned to hit YouTube the Tuesday morning after.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
So are they releasing the RPG that they are using or what?
All I want out of a power rangers RPG is to be able to set it in the 90s, preferably in Angel Pines, and relive the TV show I barely remember.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There aren't any concrete plans to release their system just yet, but they say if there's enough interest, they will. That reads to me like Saban wanting to gauge the interest before signing off on a release.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X0CxlxoagY

Here's last week's ep.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
How did it go, for anyone who caught the livestream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Rangers marveled at the customs of the 90s, crashed a Halloween party at Ernie's place, and fought a candy corn monster.

• Locked thread