Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Duckman2008 posted:

Just don’t get a Pixel 2 XL. I’m really hoping that doesn’t become a whole fiasco.

Other than him not needing a flagship phone, why not? The 2 XL is a fantastic phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FCKGW posted:

The screen isn't as good as the price would suggest, plus they did this weird thing where they covered the metal back in plastic so it feel cheap although it's premium material.

Expectedly, this means this is the worst phone that was ever created.

I dunno, I've been using it non stop since Monday and I have no complaints. I also came from an LG G5 so....

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I potentially need 4 new lines setup for a business. The issue is I only need to use the phones for about 8 months of the year. Am I better off just going the prepaid route or is there a way to shut the lines off for the 4 months they're not in use on a normal plan?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, I can’t help with this because I don’t do business plans anymore, but with that time frame I would do a business account.

I last worked with business accounts 14-15ish months ago, but last I checked you can suspend lines up to 3 months at a time, no charge. So even if they don’t give you that 4th month, that would be way more convenient than prepaid and you keep the same numbers the whole time. Plus, bus pricing is probably better than prepaid.

Cool, thanks. I'll check into that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My son smashed his gizmowatch when he wiped out on his bike and I'm trying to order a replacement and they want to charge me a $35 upgrade fee for the same drat watch. Why?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Duckman2008 posted:

Because they can.

You can call customer care at (800) 392-0717 to see if they’ll credit it. I can order the watch but unfortunately I can’t waive the setup fee. For a case like this, you would think they’d work with you , but yeah gotta ask and see.

I'll give them a call, thanks for the #.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

zimbomonkey posted:

So I did the pixel trade-in deal but now I can't find the envelope to send in my phone. How do I get another one fairly quickly? Do I even need to use the envelope?

Log in to your Verizon Dashboard. There should be a section right near the top that says

"Notifications
It's time to trade in your xxxxxx."

Then a View Details button, click that.

Then you should see an option below the status tracker that says: Reorder trade-in materials