Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Right now I’ve been paying all but $1 of my bill with my CC to get the points and letting it auto debit the $1 from my actual debit card.

If I switch the whole auto payment to my CC but leave my debit card on file, will they yank my autopay discount?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Welp, with their new plan discounts I’ve joined the ranks of “old rates, never going to leave”. Their unlimited rates with a $40 military discount can’t be beat unless another provider somehow creates a better network.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Regarding 'grandfathering' discounts, I'm currently on the old 15/35/40 military discount with 3 lines on the account, which gives me $40 off each month.

If I drop 2 lines, will it go down to $15, and later on add 2 other lines (bringing it back up to 3), will it go back to the $40 off? Or is it more of, 'don't touch it, otherwise the deal is invalid' type of thing?

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

For anyone that's curious, the EBB and military/veteran discounts do stack. The rep wasn't sure at first and I was worried that I would lose my grandfathered rate, but they were both applied this past bill.

Make sure to sign up for EBB if you qualify. I was surprised, Verizon's process was actually very painless.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

My iPhone 12 Max seems to have a random bug that occurs every few days, usually when I restart. I receive an "Attempting to activate this line" and then "Line failed to activate" several minutes later.

Nothing fails to work during that time frame, but I'm curious as to what's triggering that. This has been going on for the past 6+ months.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Apple states that users that purchase a cellular watch and activate are eligible for $100 Verizon credit. Is this truly a 'new' line only thing or does swapping a current cellular to the upgrade work?

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Another positive experience with Verizon CSR. I emailed the guy to have my non-promo trade-in credit adjusted but he never got back to me, which is fine since that isn't part of the normal process. I just called in and they were able to apply the credit in a call that took less than 20 minutes. Honestly, this is the best customer experience I've had with a wireless carrier.

You must keep getting lucky. In the last 2 activations, the 'current promo' has only been able to cut the 2 phones by 50%, so essentially waiving one fee.

Duckman, I'll send you a PM re: my Apple Watch. Thanks for the help.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Dropping in to thank Duckman for all of his help with my watch activation. Solid dude as well. :)

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

How long should I wait for Verizon to credit my trade-in phone? My trade-in arrived last week, around the same time Verizon said they were "taking away" my incentive credit. I'm sure these things take time to process but still...what gives?

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I received an email from Verizon about the "old" unlimited plan my MIL has been on, 5G Start for $45.

"To continue improving our industry-leading mobile network and services, the price of select legacy unlimited phone plans is increasing by $3/month per line beginning August 29, 2023.* Please see the impacted mobile numbers for your account below."

So I looked into my options to avoid the $3 hike: jump up $10 or lose some discount I didn't even know I had.

Do I suck it up and eat the increase, or am I missing something? She has no reason to switch plans as she does the most basic smartphone things.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Remind me to answer this in 2ish weeks if you don’t mind waiting.

Will do, thanks!

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Ok, so I re looked at this, and essentially her start plan is $8 more than the Welcome plan, however you got whatever phone discount, which doesn’t translate over.

I would look on your PDF bill , and see if her discount on the phone is higher or lower than $8 (if likely / hopefully is higher), and basically I think my recommendation is keep her on that plan until her phone is paid off, and set a reminder to switch plans when it is paid off.

Thanks for clarifying that. I looked at the PDF, and it's "Payment 20 of 24 ($133.32 remaining)", receiving a "Trade-In Device Promo Credit" of $33.33/month. I'll wait until the promo is up.

The other thing we were curious on were TravelPass/unlock questions.

- I currently have a rolling 12 TravelPasses saved up (1 expires, earn a new one the same month) from my 5G Get More plan. My wife has Play More Unlimited, which seems to be TravelPass eligible but doesn't accrue monthly passes. Are they tied to my line or am I able to share them when we head to Asia this fall?

- Since fall is the new iPhone season, does Verizon still have a "60 days until you can unlock, no exceptions" rule? We're both on Apple's IUP, and ran into this problem in the past of upgrading, then not being able to use a local SIM. I figured an eSIM like Airalo might have changed things vs a physical SIM for the purposes of being "unlocked".

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Snowy posted:

Thanks, it took talking to a few people and being slightly nudgy but it worked. They offered $15 after w while and asked if that was ok, I said it’s better than nothing but since the phone buying process had nothing to do with Verizon and my service wasn’t upgraded in any way the charge is completely unfair in the first place. I was nice about it, and eventually that worked.

Myself and P2 are on the iUP, where yes, the ritualistic fee dance has to be done each year. At least for the last 2-3 years, I've been able to get 1 out of 2 waived. Agreed, it's BS though.

Also, congrats Duckman! Thanks for all of your help, both to me and everyone in the thread.

Specific moment, you steered me from leaving 5G Get More where I'd be basically be paying more money for the same or less on one of the new plans.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 25, 2023

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, it sucks but you have to be polite but persistent on asking.

If ordering through VZ sales directly, they’ve been pretty lenient on waiving fees, although mileage varies on the supervisor and who knows what it’ll look like when it’s Jan 1st.

I should post my entire thought process vs editing later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Another $4/line rate hike! At least we get 5GB extra mobile hotspot, right?

Didn't Verizon just have a rate increase recently?