Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the red boxes on the chart are starting to get pretty tall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
just blew past 11000 lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

it's just hitting a wall every 100 bucks, sitting for 5 mins, then plummeting again.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

whoops there goes 10200

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Delthalaz posted:

Ah ok. Well the sudden infusion of currency is boosting this drat thing past 11,000

i dont even want to know how much it took to pump it in actual spendable money

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

WalletBeef posted:

Its an imaginary currency just like the dollar, but its printed at will by the exchanges when the price of bitcoin falls. Supposedly each tether can be redeemed for 1 dollar. The exchanges use tether to buy bitcoins and drive the nominal price up during a crash. You can totally redeem your tether dollars for real dollars. Totally. ;)

that doesn't even remotely make sense

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

this can't be real

lol that is so unbelievably shady.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the slide stopped, boo. im guessing some more fake money made its way into the other fake money.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lazorexplosion posted:

"Alright, I've seen the news that the Bitcoin boom wasn't right or whatever. I have 200 dollars I'm willing to invest. But I have NO idea what I'm doing, what currency to target, etc. Is there a beginner's guide? I want in. "
-an actual person

just take their money, tell them you know how to invest it, get loaded tonight and tell em it crashed tomorrow

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I legitimately don't understand the intended purpose of alt coins. Do they think it will supplant bitcoin, or is it just mumble mumble untraceable stuff?

they're for greedy people who got in too late to mine bitcoin.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

jesus christ how much did they buy

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Moxxis Endowment posted:

9895.. oh poo poo I may have hosed up lol. Starts clock for 60 minutes

i agree, twitch user fenrue. today is a good day to die.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lmao it peeked above 9900 for just a sec

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

9100 wall died, :rip:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh poo poo it just fell through 9k

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

this is loving madness. i can see the smoke coming out of the gdax site.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

bitcoin just fell through the new floor, this is a great time to buy all the bitcoin you can to get it back to The Floor

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Inept posted:

Saw this on r/cryptocurrency, at least one coin is up today

ah good bitconnect has completely severed itself from reality, that's the best move from here.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

that huge wall at 8500 is gone already

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

mmmmm here's the tether

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

does anyone ever give a reason Bitcoin has an "annual dip" or did they just notice it crashed around the same time twice and decided it was the will of the blockchain

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lazorexplosion posted:

It's doing a bit of the old 'is it going to bounce? Because I want to sell, but if there's going to be a bounce I wanna sell at the top of it' dance but it's consistently working towards going through so far

bitcoin is falling down the stairs, sometimes it'll hit one at a funny angle and pop up for a second, but its still just tumbling down those stairs

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

there's some people selling off big ol chunks and cashing out right now.

well they were for a minute or two

shiksa fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 5, 2018

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh dang that wall didnt last very long at all.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Sorry, I had been just copying the link off the subreddit. No idea what their problem is.

https://discord.gg/4hSy262

That should be a permanent invite.

Things are probably gonna get good when it breaks $6,000.

thank u for this.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

bitcoin is at $6000. wtf!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

6000 lasted for literally 5 seconds

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lmao goodness me i was wondering when the rollercoaster would pop up again

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the spreads are just spazzing out

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh my god there's so many transactions

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lmao i could get there in 45 minutes

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdi-1tIUhM

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Yeah they are loving with them a bit. They had to pay a registration fee of $6000 which they all did, but they also have to have a state license to have their doors opened. They only have the staffing man hours to get 3 done a week and there are over 100 with their doors closed waiting for the state to just say, "yeah you're good."

I have a good friend who had to close his doors and he had three kids. He's worried that he will go through his savings before they let him reopen. For now he's looking into doing real estate again in case it goes on too long.

sounds like a pretty good scam to freeze out small business from the legal weed market, kudos michigan

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

:capitalism:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Too much plastic surgery.

why look like a lost menendez brother when you've got lion face money

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

only 40 bux cmoooon

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Mikojan posted:

How does the market usually move after crypto crashes like this during the weekend? Is there any corelation at all?

cryptocurrency prices aren't really about "correlation" or "logic"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

ohhhhh this is the last gasp right here this is a fun day at work to watch the chart go down

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

THERE IT IS BABYYYYY OOOOOO ITS SINKIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Kung Food posted:

Hovered around 18k for a bit then started to drop like a stone once it was breached.

legit its gonna be bouncing off 16 in no time lol