Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

What's hodl

hanging on for dear life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

XK posted:

Bitcoin sweaters, $59.99 each.

https://hodlmoon.com/product/bitcoin-sweater/

$240 for that photo. Holy lol.

I mean, if you put $1000 into bitcoin and wait a couple days you could easily find $240 in your profits. I don't know why you would want to though, when you could instead take that money + another $1000 and buy more bitcoin for even more free money.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Actually, your honor, my client was just trying to keep this city's homicide detectives prepared for the next time someone kills twenty-five hookers.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Oldstench posted:

Why hasn't ghosTTy posted in a week? I need to be told how this is good for BTC.

I've seen hammy sammies post a bunch in the video games forum but he doesn't post much here these days either. I guess he's too busy buying games after he took his own advice and shorted bitcoin when everyone was saying it was bound to drop.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Paul Blartcoin

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

badcoin

lol

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

baitcoin lol

e: f,b

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

ETA for rats on sinking boatcoin?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

borat coin (vary nice) (lmbo)

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Warbadger posted:

I wonder what mental gymnastics one would have to go through to decide that Bitcoin was intrinsically valued? Like, gold is highly valued because it's both rare and useful as a material to make things out of. It looks pretty, conducts energy really well, and is extremely malleable and resistant to corrosion. It seems the author understands that this is important as he lists being desired/valued but never really delves into why a random hash on a computer hard drive would have any recognized, verifiable value to anybody like an actual real material like gold does.

Edit:. Also non-reproducible for a thing you can literally copy & paste. I mean, yeah, the system won't let you spend your copies but you sure as poo poo can make as many copies of your random hash as you want.

a number that go up is innately valuable imho

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

more like "bitcon" amirite?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Breaking Bad, but instead of dealing with violent cartels Walter just lectures a bunch of dumb nerds about how to run a business (there are still nazis though).

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

CNN wrote a fluff piece on btc today and won’t let me link it through the app. Figures

The best investment of the decade turned $1 into $90,000

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/17/investing/best-worst-investments-decade-bitcoin/index.html

low key lol that this article's primary source is the Bofa report

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

time to buy during the dip imo

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

make it so the bitcoin transfer is a physical one but the two exchangers are cyborgs and one of them has a usb drive implanted onto his dick and the other one's usb port is in his rear end in a top hat.

let me know if you can't find any suitable actors (i may be able to help u out there).

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

stfu Burt

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Nessus posted:

In the first one Bart's got his head in the east, in the second one it's in the west. Not sure what that means for DOGE.

I love this graph. You got one Bart going one way, one Bart looking the other, and the CoinBase in the middle's like "ey, whaddya want from me?"

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

that's a logarithmic curve

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

xtal posted:

Imagine being a millionaire and when you wake up at 8 am on Sunday all you want to do is buy a forums pass and read off peoples rap sheets

trying to horn in on notch's territory imo

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

please cite me whenever you use the term poopoocoin tia

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Puppy Time posted:

Maybe in the meantime funny bitcoin things will happen.

shitcoin lmao

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Shameful Display posted:

I HAVE A BIG BUTT AND IT SMELLS LIKE POOP

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

bitcorn

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lol literally millions of dollars in bitcoins were "lost" because they were parked in bitcoin trading/banking services that turned out to be scams and the owners of these bitcoins walked away* with nothing because anti-fraud measures are antithetical to the money of the future!

lol jk they just put the rest of their life savings into different bitcoin services because losing everything to fraud is an acceptable risk that wouldn't happen if this wasn't such a hot commodity!

e:
lol

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

imagine having no posting honour

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

LMAO Ham Sandwiches you loving moron: speculation is gambling. Zaurg ruined himself because he has the sense of a gambler and put everything he had into a high-risk/high-reward scenario. You can make money by speculating. People do it all the time. But it's not repeatable, and telling someone to speculate needs to come with the same asterisk any other gambling scenario comes with: don't spend more than you're comfortable losing.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lol

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

why are idiots still investing in bitcoins now anyway? It's pretty obvious at this point that they are going to be obsolete in a few years after someone uses the technology to develop bitbills, which will do the same thing but be worth more.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lmao can u imagine if a thousand nerds sold off all their assets and put it all into my patreon account?! the looks on those fatcats' faces ROFl!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

shitcoin

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

craptocurrency imo

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Kerbtree posted:

So, speaking of dumb bubbles, turns out the guy who caused a bubble in coin collection in the 80s and got smacked hard by the FTC is at it again with video games

i hope this guy gets kicked in the balls (the speculator, not the author of this video)

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

IG-88 posted:

My coworker just bought one of those Punk NFTs for 7k.

“Watch me flip this in 2 months for 200-300%”

find out which one it is and use it on all your work profiles

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Say hello to my little friend:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

DigiDicks

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

The NFT doesn't replace any of the things Bandcamp does, though, it simply adds yet another service requiring an outside middleman who'll want their own cut on top of the existing ones. But while, say, Paypal adds a significant convenience and accessibility factor that means more sales in the end, I'm not clear at all on what NFTs would contribute in exchange.

they contribute innovation

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

just lmao at all the noisy stalkers out there getting nfts to celebrate their incompetence

e: or not getting nfts if you're into reading comprehension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

she's preparing a brooding ball for her eggs.