Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I want to see a Venn diagram showing the overlap of people that because it makes money that means:
- Bitcoin
- Sex work
- Human trafficking
- Political bribery
- Bernie's campaign
- Theft
Are good. Wanna see who overlaps where. And then they can explain their personal reasoning.

Also go on a crypto subreddit and check out any controversial post. Like ones about straight up scams.

Or that apparently that subreddit deleted the circulating post about crypto currency now being taxable in the US.

Deleting information about legal requirements that change the appeal of crypto. Seems like a legit platform to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

EorayMel posted:

ok but do you have at least four graphs communicating the same information?

Yes, but you don't get to see them. They're at my Canadian girlfriend's house.

She doesn't have internet.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I love with the reddit thing the sheer amount of words that never actually say what the point is. Like, after stripping away the meaningless poo poo. They never say what really changes. Or what will improve in any practical way.

It's like with NFTs. What does it actually give me? A token? Why tho? Why would I need that? And then you get a billion words that don't say why.

It's loving brilliant.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A TV show where each scene is an NFT and you have to buy multiple scenes (but there's only one each) to make an episode. Also some scenes are duplicates but a character is a slightly different colour.

Yeah. That'll do it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So given all the billion Bitcoin knockoffs I don't think I've seen anyone address the fact that you could make your own nft Blockchain, potentially hundreds, and sell the same URL on all of them?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Can you take an address pointing to a blockchain entry and make *that* an NFT?

The blockchain itself as an NFT, on the blockchain.

Or what about NFTs that just point the the previous NFT?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Crypto Center is gonna be eternally famous, like if it was named the Ford Edsel Court. It's gonna be huuuuuge.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

funeral home DJ posted:

Whoever the goon was that pointed out that, in theory, you could have two NFTs pointed at the same target URL, you fuckin’ nailed it my friend.

https://twitter.com/NFTtheft/status/1460688714129035270?s=20

To summarize the article:

1) Some dipshit coiner(s) makes another dumb ape “project” (baby ape no I’m not kidding)for money laundering purposes.

2) 3 days later, another scammer buys another NFT project, gives it an identical “baby ape” name and points the Opensea url to the same loving image. Opensea just takes the money and runs with it without a care.

3) idiot coiners see that the baby apes are a great pyramid scheme / money laundering target investment because coiners are dumb as gently caress, however, some coiners start buying into the “fake” baby apes instead of the real deal. Due to the urls pointing at the same target and the images being identical it ends up being hard to tell who is the real deal

4) scammers make off with loads of etherium from the other scammers

Holy gently caress, this is the dumbest thing.

So, hot new idea, to take this to the next level. I'm going to "mint" NFTs. The URL will be randomly pulled through existing NFTs. Just hundreds spontaneously created, all pointing at random other NFTs.

Gonna add a little tag saying I actually made them and the others are fake, just to throw them off.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
What if I just make my own Blockchain NFT thing that wholesale copies theirs?

It's all open source right? What are they gonna do, say forking a crypto thing isn't allowed?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Heh, look at all you jealous chumps. I've invested while you all ummed and erred and wasted time and money. You were busy looking down on crypto while I was getting it made.

I have it all. Bitcoin. Etherium. NFTs. Other ones. I could cash out at any time and be a loving billionaire.

Why don't I? Because if I hold forever then currency as we know it will disappear, and then everyone will *have* to use Bitcoin/Eth/NFTs/Doge/Any alternative. Once people have scattered to the winds then my fairly centralised investments will become defacto currency for the real world.

So instead of cashing out for billions I can use right now, I'm biding my time in my wankpod. I'm biding my time so I can become a billionaire later, provided I bet on the right brand. Billionaire now? No! Billionaire later.

Chumps :smug:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

jokes posted:

If you’re so rich send me money

No. Because then I'm less rich. Should have invested early on despite red flags and warnings, like me.

It was my brazen boldness and uninformed courage that made me the potential possible billionaire today. I want a decentralised and fair economy for all, but more for me. Every is equal, but I'm a little more equal.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

DerekSmartymans posted:

I love y’all, but if I was a billionaire I wouldn’t feel exactly excited to post incessantly about pogs on a dead, gay forum…I’d probably have trouble posting while increasingly high on massive quantities of medically-pure cocaine anyway.

This is why you aren't a billionaire. I am. I have $2.3 billion spread between immediate access (lol who needs that) and my investment and diversity portfolio. I'm set for life, I can buy anything I want at a moments notice. Or less tbh.

And what do I do? I shitpost. Because billionaires don't do what you want them to do. We're too rich for you to fathom our minds with your poor, plebian, poor brains.

In conclusion, please donate to my Patreon.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Zil posted:

Can I have $20?

If you invest in NFTs you'll have all the money you'll ever need my friend.

Alternatively subscribe to my self-help Patreon and you'll have the keys for all the riches in the world.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

No.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
In fairness unless something goes wrong 1 Bitcoin is always worth 1 Bitcoin. That's stability my friends!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Heh, idiots, I'm biding my time until my vast beanie baby collection rolls back into pure fortune.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
More like buttcoin!

Also in bad news y'all my billions of internet fake money disappeared because I accidentally left my computer unlocked. It's all gone, and there's no security or way to get any of it back. But really, what is the price of freedom?

Apparently $3.5 billion internet funbucks.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tether/

Tether has a market cap of $75 billion. Only 2.6% is apparently real. Apparently that means like $1.95 billion which is too much, but even in my lovely maths means that $63.31 billion of their market share is other coins... that they bought with fake money, that they printed.

lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That was the recent run. Market cap of 75 billion USD apparently. None of it backed. Pretty all of it is other coins.

Which means 75 billion of crypto is actually nothing at all lol.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Orvin posted:

What makes tether different from all the other random coins out there? Does it have something to do with the fact that it is supposedly backed by “things” to keep it pegged to a dollar?

Yeah. They basically lied and said every TetherBuck is backed by a USD. So when they buy things it's worth the equivalent USD. So they buy 2000 TetherBucks or BTC or whatever it's the same as putting in 2000 USD.

Problem is, it's a lie. So they printed fake money, lied about it being legit, bought other crypto with the fake money.

Hence the 75 billion market with no actual value. Tether is built on other crypto, that they bought for nothing. So those cryptos are also worth nothing.

It's beautiful really.

Edit: my favourite part is everyone was clearly not cashing out large amounts or the lack of liquidity would've been discovered pretty quickly.

So all those crypto bro billionaires? It's all make believe like we knew, but now if they try to actually have real money it isn't possible because that money doesn't actually exist in the system. It is, in essence, literal monopoly money.

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 7, 2021

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

Only true if they run out of rubes to sell to.

If someone tries to genuinely sell of like $2 billion in one go of some crypto the whole thing collapses. There's not enough rubes or liquidity to cover that big a sell off. At that point the jig is up.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A crash is actually good for Bitcoin, because

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Y'all I've graphed out the trajectory of crypto!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Every crypto bro imagines that they'll never be effected by the seven a second limit. Others might but not them.

Imagine being told to their face that yeah they're late for work but their payment is delayed by 30inutes because there's too many people using crypto now. Maybe try card or cash instead?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I love the the intangible idea of web 2.0 still offered many tangible technologies that benefitted people. Going from old school HTML stuff to the wave of PHP, CSS, and then even more advanced and beneficial stuff.

But web 3.0 is apparently a new wave because of a tech that offers no tangible benefit at large, no one cares to learn how to use, and suffers at making a point of what it actually does and can be used for.

This is the future people.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That's normal and good for Bitcoin actually.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If an artist gets a bunch of art made into NFTs, gets told "lol should have done it yourself" and then proceeds to go ahead and make NFTs themselves but stating as the artist that this is the legitimate one I wonder how NFT bros will react?

Do they say the artist who made and owned the actual image is *less* real because they weren't first? Do they say the artist is stealing their work? What's the plan here?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I personally hate the financial institutions, and I don't trust the checks and balances they have.

Clearly the solution is to move to crypto which is completely unregulated and has no checks and balances. This makes sense because if no one is held accountable, we all are, like that guy from Watchmen said.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
"Looking at a return of" doesn't mean poo poo until you cash out. That's the thing people miss. Your NFTs might be "projected sale worth of 1 million" but you don't have a million until you sell it.

I have a picture I made. I project it is worth ten billion dollars. It doesn't mean I have ten billion until I actually sell it for that amount.

Sitting on a slew of NFTs doesn't make you inherently rich. Sitting on a trillion dollars of bitcoins doesn't mean you have a trillion dollars. This is some temporarily embarrassed millionaire poo poo.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

This is actually legit fyi

lol

I promise 100^10100010010% return. Please give me all your money in unregulated form that has no way to be recovered if lost.

It is actually legit fyi

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

Bro

its real

Sister, so is mine. Care to point out how their claim and mine are different? I can give you letters to prove I'm right. You aren't allowed to ask methods or sources or accreditation, but you get your references.

I am 100% just as legitimate. Any argument you make against me is applicable against them. In fact, I only use peer to peer referrals rather than a site to improve the validity of my clients, to ensure a guaranteed payout. Can THEY say that? No. No they cannot.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

It's simple. Basically you have a 2 epoch warm-up staking period, and then users get staked for more than 2 rebases. When 2 epochs has elapsed your staked balance can be claimed from the warm up contract and you automatically receive the rebase rewards thereafter.

That's what I do too. It's simple, it works.

Crypto is the currency of the future. I also appreciate the way it only ever appreciates. Even if it dips it's actually appreciating. Libertarianism Bless Crypto :patriot:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It's Zeno's Economy.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Everyone knows the best decisions in business and finance are driven by emotions, duh.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If you do convert it aren't there a bunch of tax poo poo you need to sort immediately otherwise you get in a lot of poo poo?

Pretty sure that's an important step.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm surprised no one has started an NFT marketplace that has NFTs of a single anime character, and that chain is marketed as you officially being the sole owner of your waifu.

Price the "more desirable" waifus much higher, watch desperately lonely nerds pay thousands so they can say that they alone have the waifu from that anime and no one else.

It seems like it'd be stupid easy money. The best part is like opensea you just run the actual marketplace on your centralised server and site, thus negating the whole decentralized part of the ole blockaroo.

THE DEFINITIVE WAIFU RECORDS.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Crypto is a series of APIs in search of a purpose they'll never find.

Grifting isn't a valid purpose, before you say it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

funeral home DJ posted:

Counterpoint: Chuck Tingle and his divine novella featuring love stories between men and their desires that haunt them. No one can describe the beauty of a man struggling against his coin like Chuck.

Waiting for Chuck Tingle to sell an NFT titled "hosed in the rear end by this literal NFT that is being purchased".

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Well loving touche Mr Tingle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My favourite part is the idea that if some dev sells an NFT skin then apparently literally every other game dev is obliged to support it. Like, that is how it works in their minds. Oh, Ubisoft sold a Spiderman skin? Well tough poo poo every other developer, you HAVE to support it.

Oh that gun you bought in some game would completely gently caress up another game. TOUGH poo poo LOSERS.

It's the weirdest loving concept. Like, Skyrim but with the BFG? Make or download a mod for gently caress's sake. And the reality of the devs having to support every weapon, skin and whatever else in every game ever. Besides the kid who told everyone the totally real Mew rumours who the gently caress would actually believe this poo poo? It blows my mind.