Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
edit: wrong thread

Boat Stuck has issued a correction as of 02:19 on Nov 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
UNSC meeting just started

Watch these together for the best experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdY7t5VKIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Lmao, Dr Strangelove etc etc Dead Hand etc etc, death is certain

Boat Stuck has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Feb 27, 2022

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Casey Finnigan posted:

this guy (yamagami) seemed to have a really bad family life and was super tortured by it. Maternal grandpa was a businessman with money and power at some company and his father was considered to be like the grandpa's heir when he married into the family. But the pressure was too great so the father committed suicide. yamagami felt responsible even though he was 4 years old. That sort of stuff

honestly not so surprising that his mom was driven to a cult

:drat:

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

BOAT STUCK?!

Yes?

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

KomradeX posted:

I got to replay Mercenaries, that game was great. Sucks that Disney would never do a remaster

A remake would probably get Disney cyberattacked, like Sony

If there's one person in the world not afraid of Disney lawyers, it's Kim Jong Un.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

DynamicSloth posted:

Mostly being 'smart' at jeopardy is just being able to connect a subject to the handful of related surface level names commonly associated with that subject as a large language model like Chat GPT might predict, and being able to do that over a great breadth of topics. Nine times out of ten you see "Vietnam" and "leader" in the question the answer is Ho Chi Minh, because even names like Diem are beyond surface level these days.

Chat GPT (even the free version) is smarter than these folks tho

Like any one reasonably versed in history would have been able to answer the question. I think you can tell that these folks knew they weren't good at 20th century world history by how little they wagered.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Luckily there's a use for all that thorium now

https://world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Operating-permit-issued-for-Chinese-molten-salt-re

Much like with all other forms of carbon-fee energy production, China is the only country taking Gen IV nuclear (molten salt and pebble bed) seriously

China's vulnerability to a crude oil blockade--and the resulting effort to wean itself off fossil fuels--may very well save humanity.

Boat Stuck has issued a correction as of 18:56 on Jan 26, 2024

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

quote:

The three novels, published in Taiwan, are about a double agent, also surnamed Yang.

Lol

Lol this is almost as bad as CODENAME PIZZA for the Beirut Pizza Hut

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2024-03-03/young-hong-kongers-who-defied-xi-are-now-partying-in-china

It cannot be overstated how incredibly well china solved the hong kong issue. Westoid brains are still broken

Uncle Xi's Greater Hong Kong Bay Area

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

mila kunis posted:

i thought taiwan was part of the rules based order. i didn't know you could do the based yes guy 'Yes, we are racist and our policies are based on race' as the labor minister of a shining, vibrant, democratic US ally

The US is racist as gently caress though? So Taiwan fits perfectly.

Or is that the joke? :thejoke:

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I think about that video of a family using a homemade howitzer to accurately blow up wasp nests like 150+ yards away almost every day

That's gonna happen to us

Fun fact, China didn't really have gun control until 1993 when 5000 people from two villages in Hunan fought a 2-day battle over a blood feud with WW II surplus guns + homemade artillery and shut down the Beijing-Guangzhou railway (which passes between the two villages).

https://www.quora.com/I-heard-that-...or-is-it-a-myth

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Gildiss posted:

Ah right and the doctors are still striking.
And they seem to have conflated the defeat of the conservatives in the election to support for their cause and refuse to back down at all. They are still demanding the increase of doctor slots of 0.

Thursday to mark start of resignations by senior doctors amid standoff with government

I wouldn't mind South Korea pulling a Reagan on these selfish rear end in a top hat doctors.

Unless they go back to work within X days, they are banned for life from practicing medicine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Lol China's got receipts