Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Hey Medullah, how many funbux do you get per month from subscriber referals? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jan posted:

Hey Medullah, how many funbux do you get per month from subscriber referals? :v:

Hardly any these days. =/

I miss the SoR days where I was getting like 7,000 a month.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
For the new page: CONTEST DETAILS

GET TO IT!

Current entries:

Medullah doesn't get a prize

Turbl

Aleth fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 26, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

You forgot my submissive submission.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Slander.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Class changes for 5.6. Mostly decent. The Mara changes will lower the floor on the hardest spec but lower it's ceiling as well. Mando defensives about a 30% nerf overall. PT and Sin for Ranked are now Tank or gtfo.

Lol at the Sorc defensive changes though. If you want to fix Sorc defensives it's simple: for Madness have Barrier heal ~5% per second, for Lightning have Phase Walk reset the cd on Unnatural Preservation. Change Corrupted Barrier to remove redundancies.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

People are raising hell about the Carnage changes, and I get it - but let's be honest, the amount of people that take advantage of clipping are outweighed by the number of people that may give Carnage a try with it dumbed down a bit.

Mercenary defensives are still going to be pretty strong, but that's a good start. As long as people keep hitting them when they have energy shield up they'll still have an advantage.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

People are raising hell about the Carnage changes, and I get it - but let's be honest, the amount of people that take advantage of clipping are outweighed by the number of people that may give Carnage a try with it dumbed down a bit.

Yeah for like 2% of PvE'ers it's a dps loss, for everyone else and PvP it's a wash. You lose the potential of a third attack but don't have to worry about CC or losing your target. This was a change I proposed like two years ago when asked what I'd change.

quote:

Mercenary defensives are still going to be pretty strong, but that's a good start. As long as people keep hitting them when they have energy shield up they'll still have an advantage.

The reflect is still dumb but at least Mando defenses aren't quite as fire-and-forget anymore. They've got low mobility so they're easy to los, it just gets to be a slog when you have 2+ of 'em sitting on an objective.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Thank you for posting those mount codes. These are the first really cool mounts I've had.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How do the story decisions work? If I make one, do a few more chapters, then go back and replay the chapter making different decisions, which will be used?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Dick Trauma posted:

Thank you for posting those mount codes. These are the first really cool mounts I've had.

If you enter the contest you might get more fancy ones!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Second Sun posted:

How do the story decisions work? If I make one, do a few more chapters, then go back and replay the chapter making different decisions, which will be used?

Your original decisions stick. It doesn’t really matter though since very few decisions affect anything beyond the chapter you make them in.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Your original decisions stick. It doesn’t really matter though since very few decisions affect anything beyond the chapter you make them in.

Ok, but now I an get past chapter X at all. How do you get past Zaamsk and Faedral. I'm completely stuck.

Second Sun fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 30, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Second Sun posted:

Ok, but now I an get past chapter X at all. How do you get past Zaamsk and Faedral. I'm completely stuck.

Like, you can't kill them, or you don't have any option to progress?

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
So I haven't played this in forever. I thought I'd check it out. But I'm a little confused with the servers, I don't see either the Jedi Covenant server listed or the Star Forge server. Am I missing something in my settings?

Second, there is a code NYCANTINA16 still works -- I was able to redeem this yesterday in addition to all the codes in the OP.

Edit: added a security key and now see Jedi Covenant :shrug:

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 30, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bonapartisan posted:

So I haven't played this in forever. I thought I'd check it out. But I'm a little confused with the servers, I don't see either the Jedi Covenant server listed or the Star Forge server. Am I missing something in my settings?

Second, there is a code NYCANTINA16 still works -- I was able to redeem this yesterday in addition to all the codes in the OP.

In preparing for the merges they changed the screen to only show 5 servers, but since it hasn't happened yet it's confusing. If you're trying to get to a server you don't have characters on you'll need to scroll your mouse wheel down.

Cool on the code! I'll dig up some of the other ones from 2016 and see if they still work.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Low effort fancy dress Skadge!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Very formal!

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Ossipago fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 1, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm so turned on right now

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Oh yeah, that's it right there. :fap:

Just a reminder:

Medullah posted:

we'll have it end on 11/1 and prizes to be picked by 11/5 so it's done right before the merge

GET TO IT!

Current entries:

Turbl

RescueFreak

Ossipago

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Awwwww, and in order to commemorate the day...

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Aleth posted:

Oh yeah, that's it right there. :fap:

Just a reminder:

GET TO IT!

Current entries:

Turbl

RescueFreak

Ossipago

Turbl, RescueFreak & Ossipago: go check the guild vault and let us know what you want for a prize - first post, first served!

The rest of you are all terrible for missing out on this incredibly easy contest, or you're all great for recognising that there is no way in hell you could outdo sexy Skadge. :shrug:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Honestly these antics remind me of the fun goons make up in ST:O and that's just fine.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
By God if I don't get an option to cut Skavak's balls off I'm going to be disappointed.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Aleth posted:

Turbl, RescueFreak & Ossipago: go check the guild vault and let us know what you want for a prize - first post, first served!

The rest of you are all terrible for missing out on this incredibly easy contest, or you're all great for recognising that there is no way in hell you could outdo sexy Skadge. :shrug:

Can I have the Umbaran Spider Tank please and thank you

My character is Possums

Turbl fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 3, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Turbl posted:

Can I have the Umbaran Spider Tank please and thank you

My character is Possums

Sent!

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Revan Holostatue please.

Character is Snacklax

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RescueFreak posted:

Revan Holostatue please.

Character is Snacklax

Sent!

Whitefire
Oct 9, 2007

DEE DEEEEE
Hello new thread. Been back on the game for a few weeks now leveling a bounty hunter, but haven't even tried to get back into TNG yet. I'll make an effort once the merge happens. I don't have much to say and grinding galactic command is extremely boring, so i'm just gonna go with this.

Who is the best inquisitor companion?
Talos :gay:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if i like Star Wars and blasting people should I play this online video game

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Nathema Sithspawn, por favor. Toon is Meschia.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I feel out of SWTOR a while back, after feeing a bit overwhelmed by the "you're now the emperor and in charge of everything" rigmarole. Has it simplified at all since then?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Ossipago posted:

Nathema Sithspawn, por favor. Toon is Meschia.

Sent!

prefect posted:

I feel out of SWTOR a while back, after feeing a bit overwhelmed by the "you're now the emperor and in charge of everything" rigmarole. Has it simplified at all since then?

Despite all that you're still expected to go and hit things in the face with your laserstick to fix them in the latest updates if that's what you mean.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I haven't played since I beat KOTET. Do you actually ever do, like, emperor stuff, or is it all you going on death-defying adventures with your space waifu still

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I haven't played since I beat KOTET. Do you actually ever do, like, emperor stuff, or is it all you going on death-defying adventures with your space waifu still

The current storyline is moving back toward smaller things, Iokath has Empire vs Republic, hopefully they'll keep in that direction. Right now you're chasing a traitor to your Alliance Theron, and at the end of the month there's a new Flashpoint where you go to the Chiss planet. The only real Emperor type stuff you do is Uprisings which is you and 3 other Emperors squashing pockets of resistances.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Today's the last day to use REVANRETURNS promo code to get the first two expansions for free if you're a true F2P player or haven't played since before October 2014!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

Did they bring Kira back?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Did they bring Kira back?

Nope. Almost none of the female romance companions. "We feel they deserve more than just a side mission, so we want to do their return right".

Raina Temple is coming back as part of the new Flashpoint at the end of the month, which makes sense based on her initial story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Nope. Almost none of the female romance companions. "We feel they deserve more than just a side mission, so we want to do their return right".

I did like when my IA met Firebrand, and Theron's all "what was that about", and the response "She was my wife." I really liked the way the line was delivered.