Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

Nope. Almost none of the female romance companions. "We feel they deserve more than just a side mission, so we want to do their return right".

Raina Temple is coming back as part of the new Flashpoint at the end of the month, which makes sense based on her initial story.

Too many people got angry about there not being enough Vette and Kaliyo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

hobbesmaster posted:

Pretty much the Force lovers have major hard ons for their Waifus and no story will be enough for them.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

Also that because both can be killed off there's likely going to be limited stuff for them further on.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Are any of the Endless Throne expansion missions co-op by chance? I've been looking around but never found anything formal on it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Malek posted:

Are any of the Endless Throne expansion missions co-op by chance? I've been looking around but never found anything formal on it.

You can invite people to observe and help you fight, but by and large the expansion content is single player. Keith (new producer as of earlier this year) has noted he wants to bring in more multiplayer content (raids, warzones, flashpoints) but the actual story content will pretty much always be single player. They haven't released actual numbers, but based on everything they've done with the game I honestly believe the majority of players since 2014 play mostly solo content. You just see the vocal minority posting about lack of group content, and the hardcore MMORPG players have already left.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Medullah posted:

You can invite people to observe and help you fight, but by and large the expansion content is single player. Keith (new producer as of earlier this year) has noted he wants to bring in more multiplayer content (raids, warzones, flashpoints) but the actual story content will pretty much always be single player. They haven't released actual numbers, but based on everything they've done with the game I honestly believe the majority of players since 2014 play mostly solo content. You just see the vocal minority posting about lack of group content, and the hardcore MMORPG players have already left.

Yeah just wondering if I can play it with the girlfriend and do the adventure with her as that was the main reason I got her to join.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Malek posted:

Yeah just wondering if I can play it with the girlfriend and do the adventure with her as that was the main reason I got her to join.

You can tag along and she can invite you into her instances, but you're just an observer during dialogue.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Medullah posted:

You can tag along and she can invite you into her instances, but you're just an observer during dialogue.

That'll be perfect. For once (during chapter 1) I will be in her head...

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So I have downloaded the latest version to give this a try again. It's updated, organised the data, 100% complete and has been sat like that for hours with the play button greyed out.

Any ideas?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Burt posted:

So I have downloaded the latest version to give this a try again. It's updated, organised the data, 100% complete and has been sat like that for hours with the play button greyed out.

Any ideas?

Assuming you're using the standard launcher go to the bitraider folder, which should be something like C:\program files\electronic arts\Star Wars\bitraider. You'll see some files with an extension like .XFS. Delete those and it will force a recheck of files, that generally solves that issue

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Medullah posted:

Assuming you're using the standard launcher go to the bitraider folder, which should be something like C:\program files\electronic arts\Star Wars\bitraider. You'll see some files with an extension like .XFS. Delete those and it will force a recheck of files, that generally solves that issue

I had already done this but then I went into the launcher settings and disabled bitraider altogether and that worked so cheers for pointing me in the right direction :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Server Merges today! If all goes according to plan, we'll have some more populated servers at 4pm EST!

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

I'm going to spend most of the night thinking up new names.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RescueFreak posted:

I'm going to spend most of the night thinking up new names.

Did they increase the character limit? I (shamefully) was bumping up right against it, and couldn't bring myself to delete my duplicate characters. :shobon:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I haven't played since Tyth, the first new raid boss they released a few months back. I never did the hard mode version of that fight. Has there been much added since? I know there's a new stronghold, one new flashpoint. Has there been any new story? I genuinely don't remember anything I was doing on Iokath.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My old characters had stockpiled alot of materials so I've been holding off for the merge to try and sell them. One way or another my alt army will be undergoing a serious inventory cleanout.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Did they increase the character limit? I (shamefully) was bumping up right against it, and couldn't bring myself to delete my duplicate characters. :shobon:

Hey folks,
One of the questions that has come up regarding United Forces is character slots and what will be happening for everyone. After the update, it is possible that a player could have more characters than they have slots currently. For subscribers they will still be able to play all of their characters (even if they go over their slots) but they can’t make any new characters. We wanted to do our best to alleviate some of the issues for not only subscribers, but F2P and preferred status players as well. Here is what you can expect to see changed on November 8 alongside United Forces:
F2P players will have a default of 4 characters per server (up from 2)
Preferred players will have a default of 12 characters per server(up from 6)
Subscribers will have a default of 24 characters per server (up from 12)
The maximum character slots per server has been increased to 100 (up from 52)
These new slot numbers are separate from any character slots which you have purchased. For subs, we are basically adding 12 character slots per server to your account (by making the new default 24 instead of 12). Ex:
Today, you are a subscriber who has never bought any character slots, you have 12 character slots per server. After the update on 11/8 you will have 24 slots per server.
Today, you are a subscriber who has purchased 30 additional character slots, meaning you have 42 per server (12 default + 30 purchased). After the update you will have 54 (24 new default + 30 purchased slots)
This should give a bit of breathing room for players, especially if they played on more than one server which will be brought into a new server on 11/8.
Thanks everyone.
-eric

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/928335173795663872

Chances of playing much today are looking slim.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

More time for STELLARIS! :hellyeah:

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Trauma posted:

More time for STELLARIS! :hellyeah:

Have they said anything about adding Death Stars yet. I really want to play but don't want to come back until they implement superweapons.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i'm stunned that day 1 of a big change for swtor has gone badly

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Aw dang, and I was hoping to play tonight...

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I got to keep all of my names. :woop:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I had to reload my UI and recreate my custom chat tabs but now I'm dancing in Fleet with Sexy Skadge laughing at people bragging about which server has/had the best RP.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

I got to keep all of my names. :woop:

I lost 4, 3 of them to myself and 1 that was a level 1 Cathar named "Meow Mix"

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I haven't played since Tyth, the first new raid boss they released a few months back. I never did the hard mode version of that fight. Has there been much added since? I know there's a new stronghold, one new flashpoint. Has there been any new story? I genuinely don't remember anything I was doing on Iokath.

I logged back in to find they've added 1 flashpoint, about 30 mins of story (including said flashpoint), and a raid boss I can't access because I need to clear Tyth again and no one is grouping for that so it can't be done. RIP

E: they also added some rakghoul uprising which on normal difficulty is literally harder than nightmare mode raids. What the hell is going on?

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 9, 2017

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Harby (or Satele or whatever) is alive and well. Insta queues at 6 am CST, already knocked out my PvP weekly.

Didn't lose any names even the lvl 1's I've been sitting on.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Harby (or Satele or whatever) is alive and well. Insta queues at 6 am CST, already knocked out my PvP weekly.

Didn't lose any names even the lvl 1's I've been sitting on.

It'll be cool to see how long it lasts. I logged in before work and there were 186 people on fleet.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I also didn't lose any name conflicts, except to myself, which was a relief.

I've been camping the name "Doug" since they first fired up the servers on pre-launch day, and even though I currently had it on a placeholder dude who's like level 20, I managed to hang onto it.

One odd thing that happened is a high-level character I deleted and re-rolled came back from the dead. I have two of him now. It scared me for a minute because his name was lit up red and the origin server was the main one I played on, but the real version of him on the same server was the one using the name. Somehow in the merge he got un-deleted. The reason I had rerolled him is I did the "instant 60" thing but I was miffed about losing all the titles and companion relationships and stuff from a level 1 character. You can practically do the 1-50 story in one sitting these days so I said gently caress it and started over. I guess now I have a level 65 Juggernaut I can remake into some other character...

In other news, I actually play on the same server as the rest of you now, for the first time ever. Greetings!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I also didn't lose any name conflicts, except to myself, which was a relief.

I've been camping the name "Doug" since they first fired up the servers on pre-launch day, and even though I currently had it on a placeholder dude who's like level 20, I managed to hang onto it.

One odd thing that happened is a high-level character I deleted and re-rolled came back from the dead. I have two of him now. It scared me for a minute because his name was lit up red and the origin server was the main one I played on, but the real version of him on the same server was the one using the name. Somehow in the merge he got un-deleted. The reason I had rerolled him is I did the "instant 60" thing but I was miffed about losing all the titles and companion relationships and stuff from a level 1 character. You can practically do the 1-50 story in one sitting these days so I said gently caress it and started over. I guess now I have a level 65 Juggernaut I can remake into some other character...

In other news, I actually play on the same server as the rest of you now, for the first time ever. Greetings!

Huzzah! Make sure to hop in Discord, since a lot of goons aren't actually in the TNG guild

There's been word that they're adding a new level 70 Token that can be used on any character to instantly level them to 70 without losing quest status, that'll be nice!

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
I lost Jan. :sigh:

I'd renamed one of my L65s to free the name for an alt, should've finished levelling that alt up.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

There's been word that they're adding a new level 70 Token that can be used on any character to instantly level them to 70 without losing quest status, that'll be nice!

Now this is something I would definitely use. Get done with capital planet, zip to 70, and finish the story at my leisure in-between queue pops. Also handy for when the invariably bring back Kira, Ashara, Nadia, et al and I've been running around the galaxy with Lana in the meantime.

What would be really neat is to be able to go back to the starter planet and reset the class missions on an established character.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Now this is something I would definitely use. Get done with capital planet, zip to 70, and finish the story at my leisure in-between queue pops. Also handy for when the invariably bring back Kira, Ashara, Nadia, et al and I've been running around the galaxy with Lana in the meantime.

What would be really neat is to be able to go back to the starter planet and reset the class missions on an established character.

Supposedly it gives you your ship and Droid automatically too, so you can use it at level 1.

This is essentially how 99% of my alts are already, most I stopped the story after capital planet. Especially now that I get Shae, Nico, Treek and Master Ranos with every character, I can still craft. Soon to be Darth Hexid too!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I've been stupid busy with work/life/travel but a server merge has me itching to fire this up again, how are the populations now?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've been stupid busy with work/life/travel but a server merge has me itching to fire this up again, how are the populations now?

Today is the first day, but so far Star Forge is on fire.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

Today is the first day, but so far Star Forge is on fire.

Rad. See you all soon, as I ride into space on nonentity

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Make sure you guys join Discord, people are in different guilds/factions!

suction
Jul 17, 2009
I'm stuck at loading screen (press spacebar to continue). Any idea why?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

suction posted:

I'm stuck at loading screen (press spacebar to continue). Any idea why?

Hit escape maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suction
Jul 17, 2009
it seems like my main is stuck in loading screen but other characters logs in fine
it just time out after 15-20m.
e: apparently the magic key is 'enter' not space

suction fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 10, 2017