Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

are flashpoints pve missions? like if i do 3 group finder flashpoints will i get the new companion? or are "missions" something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Kly posted:

are flashpoints pve missions? like if i do 3 group finder flashpoints will i get the new companion? or are "missions" something else?

Any group finder content that you get the daily reward for is valid. So don't do 3 story mode uprisings like I did only to learn just one of them counted.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

cool, thanks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Any group finder content that you get the daily reward for is valid. So don't do 3 story mode uprisings like I did only to learn just one of them counted.

Hahahah so many people learning this. It clearly says in the achievement "must be eligible for daily reward but nooooooo no one reads. :D

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Figured I'd wait a day before updating and logging in to see how things are. Didn't lose a single character name and my bugged meditation chamber regen item is still bugged. I don't know if the changes to the cartel market happened with this patch or before it but HOLY poo poo they put a whole lot of stuff up in there. Finally got a cathar honor sword and a gamorrean axe so a dual wielding axes bare chested Sith Berserker's now a possibility. Snagged a set of Thana Vash's armor for the hell of it and currently debating picking up the tusken armor too for why not.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Do companions get any attention after the original class quests?

I've just started on the post 50 stuff after years of not playing, and my companions are just standing there mutely during conversations. In my class quests they always had poo poo to say about my choices.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Philonius posted:

Do companions get any attention after the original class quests?

I've just started on the post 50 stuff after years of not playing, and my companions are just standing there mutely during conversations. In my class quests they always had poo poo to say about my choices.

They have a few comments on Makeb I think but that's it until KotXX stuff, which hasn't got every companion back in the story yet.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

More free stuff -

SPECIALFORCES - Enter into the "code redemption" under "My Account on SWTOR.com to get a set of Battlefront 2 inspired armor. (Expires 11/10, supposedly)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Finally, I can look like a Star Wars video game character in SWTOR

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Aleth posted:

They have a few comments on Makeb I think but that's it until KotXX stuff, which hasn't got every companion back in the story yet.

That's a shame. The only reason I play this game at all is as an ersatz KOTOR III.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aleth posted:

One companion per class comments on the class specific quest on Rishi.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Medullah posted:

More free stuff -

SPECIALFORCES - Enter into the "code redemption" under "My Account on SWTOR.com to get a set of Battlefront 2 inspired armor. (Expires 11/10, supposedly)

Thank you! My operative already wears that helmet but I've been starved for decent Imperial chestpieces.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Nice, that is actually a pretty decent outfit.

I always loved that helmet, but with previous versions of it they inexplicably weighted it for facial animations so the face part would distort during cutscenes. I'm curious to see if it's still like that...

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

hello game that i love

are all my character names now going to be like Berke0123 or something

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Are goons more active especially in the republic or Empire? or is it pretty much the same on both?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i think empire is more active

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Nice, that is actually a pretty decent outfit.

I always loved that helmet, but with previous versions of it they inexplicably weighted it for facial animations so the face part would distort during cutscenes. I'm curious to see if it's still like that...

I also gave it a droid pal to hang out with you while in combat.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

nonentity posted:

I also gave it a droid pal to hang out with you while in combat.

If you do Armor/know the Armor people any chance of more of the armored robe look i.e. Valiant Jedi, Sith Recluse? Uhhh of the hood down variety.

Also if anyone here plays Sorc and takes Lightning Barrier know that I hate you and everything you stand for.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I seem to have all my weird names so yay weird naming gimmick works

But logging onto my gunslinger to do some crafting tonight I discovered a bit red warning about Bowdarr's vibrosword not being legit. BUT that character has none of the companion weapons, unlike all of the others.

Soooo, IDK what to do.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

But logging onto my gunslinger to do some crafting tonight I discovered a bit red warning about Bowdarr's vibrosword not being legit. BUT that character has none of the companion weapons, unlike all of the others.

Soooo, IDK what to do.

Is it the old Devoted Allies vibrosword? There's some funkiness with those, I'd just grab any random Vibroblade and equip it. (grumble grumble why isn't he using a bowcaster grumble grumble)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

My fiance lost one of his character names, but all he added was a surname and it accepted it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I was gone so long that the weapon qualifications of some of the companions changed. I had to dig around in my inventories to make sure everyone had something they could use.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Dick Trauma posted:

I was gone so long that the weapon qualifications of some of the companions changed. I had to dig around in my inventories to make sure everyone had something they could use.

When I first came back after something like 4 years away, I noticed they had taken the pants off of all my companions and mailed them to me. At first, I thought I had been a pubbie or something.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Preechr posted:

When I first came back after something like 4 years away, I noticed they had taken the pants off of all my companions and mailed them to me. At first, I thought I had been a pubbie or something.

This has happened to me a few times over the years when I've been away for a while. Every single companion was pantsless.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Preechr posted:

Dick Trauma posted:

This has happened to me a few times over the years when I've been away for a while. Every single companion was pantsless.

This was a bug at launch of 4.0 and was the greatest bug of all time. Especially if you had decorated your stronghold with your companions, you zoned in and suddenly they were all pantsless. "Ummm guys, what's been going on while I was away?"

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

My fiance lost one of his character names, but all he added was a surname and it accepted it.

I find this story dubious as the whiners on the official forums who lost their names for not being subscribed have assured that there are absolutely no names available.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

That's just how I run my ship. "If it feels good do it" is the Sith motto.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

This was a bug at launch of 4.0 and was the greatest bug of all time. Especially if you had decorated your stronghold with your companions, you zoned in and suddenly they were all pantsless. "Ummm guys, what's been going on while I was away?"

Couldn't you see other people's companions spawn in your stronghold as well or something? Sans pants, obviously.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I find this story dubious as the whiners on the official forums who lost their names for not being subscribed have assured that there are absolutely no names available.
I decided to reinstall just to see if I needed to change any names after the merges, and of the 10 characters I have (one for each class story plus an extra couple for variety), only the Chiss Agent had to be changed (I just added an apostrophe in the middle). So, maybe those people whining about it on the official forums should be more creative and/or stupid/1337 about naming their characters something like Vayp Cloudington III or Burpin MacFartster.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Well, it's true that THE best name has already been taken, by me...

Edit: Also this one...

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 12, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Well, it's true that THE best name has already been taken, by me...

Edit: Also this one...

There's like 3 people that will get the Hecubus reference :D

But sorry, best Captain title is and always will be mine.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
The best name for me will always be the Jedi Knight Starwars of the Starwars legacy. No spaces or special characters even. :psyduck:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

But sorry, best Captain title is and always will be mine.

Lol what's going on with your companion there

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lol what's going on with your companion there

That's not my companion, that's just decoration on ye ol' Goon Squad flagship.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

That's not my companion, that's just decoration on ye ol' Goon Squad flagship.

Classic goons

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

I came back to everyone at least pantsless or in thier underwear with one to two sets of thier clothes in my mailbox. I was torn between wondering what the hell happened while I was away and thinking I need to check my credits to see if bail money was needed.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I gotta go read this, it's got to be good.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I see they still haven't fixed the bug where HK-51 is equipped with a rifle he can't use when you unlock him on a new alt and so doesn't actually help in combat, just sort of stands there.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Is it the old Devoted Allies vibrosword? There's some funkiness with those, I'd just grab any random Vibroblade and equip it. (grumble grumble why isn't he using a bowcaster grumble grumble)

It is! And I already tried to equip a different one but it wouldn't let me get rid of the devoted allies one. Might have to write a ticket.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

might they include...Satan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

unseenlibrarian posted:

I see they still haven't fixed the bug where HK-51 is equipped with a rifle he can't use when you unlock him on a new alt and so doesn't actually help in combat, just sort of stands there.

If it makes you feel better, he was neutered with 4.0 and is one of the worst companions now