Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I decided to go back and do the macrobinocular and dread seed quests because I never finished them and couldn't remember why (it's because at least one of them ends in a Heroic 4 that really needs 4 people and I play antisocially) and they are so out-of-date that they still offer unique companion gear as rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Gothsheep posted:

Well, my point wasn't about the artifact gear itself (though that does give the game a 'pay for power' aspect which sucks) but rather that the only reward for using group finder is purple gear, since you can only do veteran flashpoints though it. So for the purpose of the main gameplay loop (run area, improve gear, run harder area) it makes group finder completely worthless for anyone that isn't a sub or with artifact unlock. And, since as far as I can tell, you just don't find any groups without group finder anymore, and unlike, say, WoW or FF14 you can't do a flashpoint unsynced, it means that any flashpoint that can't be soloed it basically off the table in terms of the game's core gameplay loop, which is 4 out of the first 6.

Here's your problem: that's no the main gameplay loop for this game.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I had nothing better to do today and realized it's been several years since I saw the Bounty Hunter story, so I rolled one up. After years of following these threads I can't use Tracer Missile or Fusion Missile without giggling.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 14, 2018

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Siegkrow posted:

Quoting from Reddit because this poo poo is hilarious.

Congratulations, Reddit poster, you got The Point.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Just like the Sith Inquisitor, the female Consular VO is vastly superior and fits more with the character.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I've been unironically looking forward to seeing what my buddies Lana and Theron have been up to. I may have bad taste in video games.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hard disagree. It was actually a really cool movie and Luke Skywalker had a much more interesting arc than if he had just been some super awesome dude chopping everything up.

e: I like The Last Jedi and Star Trek: Discovery, I might just be bad at being a sci fi fan.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 11, 2018

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Well then I guess instead of relearning how to play my existing characters I'll just level a new one.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

Now please take a seat for my Powerpoint presentation on what 'Superleia' is actually just a Force Pull and is completely in keeping with the Original Trilogy's portrayal of the nature of the Force.

I mean, I always assumed this was the case. Were people confused by that? :confused:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I said come in! posted:

This is the sort of content I want to see more of in TOR.

loving :same:

Let me romance M1-4X you cowards.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Now that I've played through both the Empire and Republic Ossus storylines, I'm worried that the amount of branching is really going to get away from them since you've got the Republic and Empire mutually exclusive story, and can also play them through "secretly" working for the other side.

E: I guess I just wish they had done it more like Makeb, where both sides' stories were canon.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 15, 2018

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

If anyone wants this, go nuts.

Special Forces Armor (Battlefront II promo)
3DX9-H9F9-AJMV-9HW2

Thanks!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I leveled a new alt earlier this year, and the whole time I was thinking "man, with all the quality of life changes, doing an LP now would be a lot easier than it was then." And I gave some serious consideration to just rebooting the whole thing. But then real life stuff came up and I checked out Star Trek: Online again to see what was new, and now I'm going to start an LP of that today or tomorrow.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Those only appear when you trigger the "Heroic Moment" ability.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It's been a while since we saw that dude.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Let me romance M1-4X you cowards.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Cythereal posted:

I've started poking at this game again and decided to make a new character or two. I've heard that if you get your affection level above 10 with certain companions, it impacts how quickly they'll rejoin you in FE/ET. I can't imagine there's enough approval to gain that simply by questing.

Any easy ways to grind that out, maybe by gifts my existing 65s (I never got Eternal Throne) can acquire, or best simply to ignore?

That's ... not true, and I can't even imagine how it would work.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah, I forgot, but some companions will make you grind to recruit them, but will rejoin/you can skip some of the grind if you they were already companions in your class story. For example, Doctor Lokin needs a bunch of mats before he'll give you the grind mission, but if you are an Imperial Agent you can skip to just the grind part.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh yeah, then that's a bug.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Get rid of the cooldown on fast travel.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Medullah posted:

People that played originally hated Kaliyo because she was the only companion you had for 30 hours. And like someone else mentioned, if you just said gently caress it and only used her, you were in for a rude awakening when you lost her on the final planet. I was one of those people, because as an Operative I needed a tank companion to keep enemies turned.

poo poo was difficult back then

Losing Kaliyo on Corellia was bad but not as bad as Jedi Knights who stopped gearing T3 back at level 14 and then being locked in to using him for the final battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I do kind of miss the sense of accomplishment from finishing the last quest in an area and striking off to find the next speeder point. Especially on planets that environmentally made it seem like you were going "deeper," like Coruscant or Belsavis. Also companions being a bit more unique in their animations. Everything else was terrible, of course.