Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
I started playing again about a month ago after bailing out post-launch. Had 50 IA back at game launch, haven't touched him since. It was peak TOR as far as I was concerned at the time.

But TOR is pretty good now, I can finally do the stories and some solo dungeons and ignore all the other crap. Have finished a few 1-50 class quests since, trying to figure out which class I want to take through the 50+ content.

Since returning, I did a 50 sith warrior, mostly light side. It felt like being a totally reasonable murderer. Companions were ok, nothing special really, and only one that I wanted to murder. Then did a 50 Consular, dark side, which wasn't as bad as everyone said it would be. I liked gathering the army, and the companions didn't mind dark side actions at all. They were fine with murdering and whatnot. Currently working on a dark side Bounty Hunter, just got Skadge. He's awesome after 40 levels of Mako looking on with disappointment whenever I, you know, play as a loving bounty hunter.

Some recommendations for anyone else returning:
-Use a friend code, it's worth it for the extra inventory row alone. Requires no effort on your part.
-Speaking of codes, there's a couple floating around for free mounts, use them all too
-If you like healing, healing specs are totally viable solo. Just set your companion to DPS (not tank) and they will happily murder everything while you chip in DPS and sometimes heal. I did consular and now BH as a healer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

neurotic posted:

This is why I killed her when I had the chance. PROTIP: If the game gives you the option to kill a companion, do it. You won't regret it.

I was so happy to finally kill off Koth. Would have done it far sooner if possible.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Just finished a dark side trooper. Their DS options are pretty tame, like skimming money or gear off the top, or actually following your orders. Oh darn. I did enjoy Forex cheering every execution. gently caress walking back to Garza a million times though.

Dark consular is the goofiest. This healing ritual might hurt me? Nah I'm not using that poo poo. Had to kill npc #6 just like all the rest, I swear.