Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Yo fellas, I'm looking for a big, beefy BFG of a rifle for my Vanguard. Could you post some ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Vanguards use Rifles.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Soooo...
Did killing it unlock some lore...?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

HOLY poo poo PLOT LEAKS ALL AROUND AND THEY LOOK GREAT (and may make Cythereal want to come back to the game or something)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

May the fourth be with you all.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Apparently there are still a few patches before the next expansion. Last I heard was that we were gonna recover every follower before the next expansion begins.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Ohhh yeah! Managed to solo an Exarch (my item rating in under 230) and it feels good. Took me well over 20 minutes, loving health draining rear end in a top hat. My friggin interrupt had a longer cool down than his health drain so I could only reliably interrupt every other health suck.

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 27, 2018

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Jesús When are we gonna get a second chance at the cool dual wielding chiss Jedi?

(Also, weird, in dulfy she has different values for gifts for being romanced. CAN you romance her?)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Fuuuuuuucking hell getting Lokin is an expensive endeavor. You only get 4 bio samples a day, so by the end of the week I wouldn't have been able to get him, so I went gently caress it, bought 660 of those blue gels. Almost 3 million down some dude's cred account.

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 30, 2018

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

This is all useless to me because I don't PVP. Tell me at least that Kira and Scourge are coming back soon.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Gree week! Time to get some cool.stuff!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

No story difference. And no, you can't change between advanced classes. It's is an either/or thing.

Lightning is a sith exclusive thing in this game, but if you level an Inquisitor to 50 and complete chapter 3, you can unlock Legacy Force Lightning, which allows you to use Force Lightning on every character while in Heroic Moment.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

...because it makes a a pretty coin with minimal investment, people go crazy for the cosmetics in the loot boxes.

The joke in the community is that there is like 3 people in the staff, and 2 of them are outfit designers.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

As someone who can't afford most things (because I'm poor and jobless), I say that supporting the developers is actually cool and good if you enjoy the game.

Like, if you wanna gently caress someone over by paying a third party, do it to scumbags, like Konami.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I was waiting for Kira and Scourge but they replaced them with the PVP update and they are coming out in (September?). I just want more story content to go through. Then again I'm in the middle of putting my balls through the meat grinder that is a WoW expansion launch

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I'd say preferred isn't too different from sub but then I remember I bought like all the CC unlocks when the credit economy wasn't in the shitter, back on the first few months of F2P.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

SPOILER: MAAAAAALLLLGUUUUUUUSSS
Edit: fixed?

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 16, 2018

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Quoting from Reddit because this poo poo is hilarious.

Reddit thread posted:

r/swtorOther
I had no idea what dumbasses Sith Lords were.
u/Alpha537
I swear, half my time as an Imperial agent is spent cleaning up there messes! Lol. Some stupid apprentices think they can siphon power from the dark Temple and OH LOOK they hosed up and now there’s force ghosts or some poo poo spilling out! Guess who’s job it is to fix it. WHAT? some Sith Lords gone Rogue trying to prove what a big dick he’s got and is using loyal Imperial soldiers as test subjects? Now I gotta go in and put em down! And let’s not forget the slave revolts AND the rampant sabotage AND the “mY pOweR iS nOt To BE QueSTioNEd, i’M AlwAys thE SmARteSt One In tHe RooM anD MY pLaNS NEVER BacKFirE!” Mentality. (Sigh). Not to mention how everything’s gotta be “dark”. The DARK side, the DARK Council, the DARK Temple.... you know, after a while that word stops having any meaning! Hold on, I need to put some DARK sweetener into my DARK Starbucks while filling out my DARK 401k. There are colors other than black, you guys DO know that right? If you opened the blinds or moisturized once in a while Your complexion would probably be a lot better too. Sheesh.

(Jk, jk. Only talking about the npc Sith)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I like the Male trooper VA because it is Brian Bloom, aka MVC3's Captain America (also Varric) and I like to think my Trooper is alt-Universe Cap.

On the same note, I like to play my Jedi Knight as Big Boss.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Pull up thread, pull up

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Yo Moon Slayer, you ever get the cravings to finish up the LP?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Oh cool, I'll check that out

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

We've had 2 video LPs, and we WERE gonna get an sslp but one of the 2 vid LPs was going on at the time and there was some complaining about dividing the viewership.
(Talking about Kotor, not swtor)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

If you boost a warrior do you get LS or DS jaessa?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

....i think there should be some spikes.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Except Doc. Doc is still a straight manslut.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Medullah posted:

I'll take camping pigs over jumping puzzles for datacrons any day. That said, make sure you go for the Endurance datacron on Ossus! Makes the Makeb one look like world 1-1 in Mario Brothers. Tons of work for +2 Endurance! Though you do get a cool tuning for the work as well.

Tuning? What kind? Is it FREE?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Scoundrels are the GOAT because you get to kick Sith in the junk, then shotgun them in the back of the head whole they lean forward in pain, and you go on to beat the stuffing out of them with your bear bare hands.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Oh no every class giggles and chuckles like they were on weed.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I really like the sound of Dirty kick. Sounds D's really meaty.
*WHACK!* "OOOOFF MY CROTCH"

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Send a mail to EA about it, including whatever logs you may have.
Best case scenario, they'll refund you for the bother. It was over 2 loving years for a fix for something you paid for, after all.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

And sometime next this year an Empire vs Republic expansion, which I dearly hope will be better than WoW's faction war expansion. Which continues to be poo poo.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Chickenwalker posted:

This may sound crazy, but have you considered getting a job? That's where they give you stuff to do in exchange for money.

He may have a reason he is currently unemployed mate.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

winterwerefox posted:

I got a degree (Diesel Technology) that requires being physical, master mechanic's certifications, and my body wont let me. Back, leg and arm problems. Jobs that don't require me being physical dont care about my degree or certifications.

gently caress off.

Oh man. Are those permanent problems or are they, like, wounded?

(Also, yes, sub for a month, you get everything the game has so far and keep it when you run out but the endgame is only available as a Sub. If you want to get the most out of the game, sub for a month now, and another month once the next expac comes out)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Quick note on Treek and Hk-51
While Treek cannot tank and heal at the same time like she used to, she still has her unique animations, so you can still see her healing you by throwing watermelons and if you out her in tank mode she uses a hand glider to dash to the enemy.

Hk-51 still has a lot, if not all, of his special abilities, like assassinate

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Fuzz posted:

Not when you play a Light Sided one. My guy was a badass who took no names, and you invariably cease to be a bootlicker (KotFE/ET)when you break with the Emperor and come to the realization that the entire reason he made you his Wrath and whatnot is because he's been slowly grooming you to be his replacement body for Valkorian. This is why Arcann and Vaylin hate you, because Valkorian cares more about you than either of them. It actually makes the KotFE/ET storyline a little more personal than just "stand by and watch this family disintegrate into poo poo" since you are directly personally involved and partially responsible for the situation.

I feel the Knight also works very well because it changes from "You were being groomed as a replacement body" to "you became the first equal he has had in centuries and he decided to scrap all his plans to make you his replacement" which IMO fits better with the speed the family fell apart.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Fuzz posted:

This, and also why you jump up the ranks to Wrath so quickly.

Plus, the JK story is just so, so, so much worse than the SW one.

Your mileage may vary.
I just loved being Solid Snake, Jedi Knight.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Brian Bloom had to be the Trooper. He is Captain America after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

You could try buying some expensive stuff and put it into the bank and sell it on the GTN when you resub.