Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

What's the best class story?

Imperial Agent is James Bond. Jedi Knight is Luke Skywalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I feel out of SWTOR a while back, after feeing a bit overwhelmed by the "you're now the emperor and in charge of everything" rigmarole. Has it simplified at all since then?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

I haven't played since I beat KOTET. Do you actually ever do, like, emperor stuff, or is it all you going on death-defying adventures with your space waifu still

Did they bring Kira back?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Nope. Almost none of the female romance companions. "We feel they deserve more than just a side mission, so we want to do their return right".

I did like when my IA met Firebrand, and Theron's all "what was that about", and the response "She was my wife." I really liked the way the line was delivered.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RescueFreak posted:

I'm going to spend most of the night thinking up new names.

Did they increase the character limit? I (shamefully) was bumping up right against it, and couldn't bring myself to delete my duplicate characters. :shobon:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Berke Negri posted:

Reinstalled the game last night, got to keep all the character names I'd actually care about and weren't just the ones where I mashed random name button until something finally stuck

Looking forward to new GSF content

edit: ugh that's right, UI/Keybind saved presets were stored locally on my old PC. oh hell

I think the UI might have changed in some way since I last checked in, because all my characters' UIs had been reset to something that looks defaultish. :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Your settings changed because you moved servers. If you look in your appdata settings folder you'll see files called he1084YourCharacterName (assuming you are on Jedi Covenant). Change the he1084 to he3000 and bingo, fixed. You can do them all from a command prompt by typing Ren he1084*.* He3000*.*

:nice: Thanks for the tip. :tipshat:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Is it just me, or do companions now gain reputation for doing crafting missions? I apparently had people sent out the last time I logged on, and when they came back, they all had rep gains as mission results.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ritorix posted:

I was so happy to finally kill off Koth. Would have done it far sooner if possible.

I think I might have killed Xalek and Skadge, unless there was an option to send them to jail. Although the big white furry angry dude doesn't have a survival path unless you're a SW.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

For anyone who has lots of cartel coins they want to burn, every single hypercrate is currently available, with all but the newest ones 55% off. About the only way you're ever going to get reputation up with the old cartel ones.

You've almost got me back. I played some of the space shooting (the easy stuff, with the rails) today, and if I can get used to the way you move, I could definitely get sucked back in. :ohdear:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I logged on yesterday, and some people had fancy new gold circular icons by their names. I think I saw a "III" and a "IV", and something else I wasn't sure about. What's that mean? Suddenly my "Legendary player" status doesn't feel so shiny. :mad:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

nonentity posted:

http://www.slothfurnace.com/sabers/Entropy_01.html

The best weapons I've made for the game lately, I've also built in real life first as concept models.

http://www.slothfurnace.com/sabers/Mischief_01.html

:wow:

nonentity posted:

That was not my call initially, but I've had some say in it lately, so I've been putting the better dual sabers on the back.

Some of the longer dualsabers drag on the ground when they're on the hip. It's terribly silly. :)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm iffy about online petitions in the first place. Smacks too much of 'I clicked a button, I'm Helping!', but then I'm probably more burnt out than most with how many 'sign this online petition' links I get on my Facebook which end up accomplishing nothing. Not only are they going to need more signatures than just people who played/play the game, they've got to do something more to bring attention like letter writing even if that's considered old fashioned or inefficient. They're going up against a company that didn't take advantage of advertising when the new movies were coming out which should've been a no-brainer.

I do wish them well, but I don't really see anything coming of it beyond 'I clicked a button!' feelgood.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Preechr posted:

Oh, it falls apart onscreen. You lose your doom ship and your bullshit fleet. You retain most personnel and your planet.

No more Gravestone? :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

If you want the full spoilers the latest Operation reveals that Iokath was controlled by 7 robot "Gods", and you fight the first 6 in that Operation. The cult of Zildrog is trying to awaken Zildrog himself, and it's revealed that the reason the Gravestone is so powerful is because it's actually Zildrog himself. So he wakes up, kills most of the Eternal Fleet before you blow him up.

It seems cheesy but I actually liked the twist, it was a good explanation for why it was so powerful and a good way to take it away from you

That's pretty hosed up. Thanks for the info -- I haven't played in a while. :tipshat:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cease to Hope posted:

Agent is James Bond but in service of a somewhat more fascist empire. (It's also one of the two sleep-with-literally-everyone stories if you are into that.)

:ssh: You can't sleep with everyone if you're Chiss. :saddowns:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

XBenedict posted:

Really? I've never played Chiss Agent before. That seems like an odd detail.

The Empire is racist as hell.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cythereal posted:

You can sleep with everyone if you're a Chiss lady, though!

It's one specific lady that male Agents can only boink if they're human, cyborg, or sith pureblood.

I thought there were two. (Watcher Two and the lady you meet at the party whose father is holed up on Grathan's estate.)

(Yes, I have leveled up way too many characters. :shobon:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alaemon posted:

Also light side warrior is the best because it makes the Jedi SO ANGRY.

For a cult of fanatic stoics, they sure flip their poo poo every time you say "I'm not here to fight."

This can't be said often enough. Being a good-guy Sith Warrior is so much fun. Also, loving with Darth Baras may not be officially light-side, but it sure feels good. :)