Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game sucks and is dead nowadays which is why I love playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

prefect posted:

I logged on yesterday, and some people had fancy new gold circular icons by their names. I think I saw a "III" and a "IV", and something else I wasn't sure about. What's that mean? Suddenly my "Legendary player" status doesn't feel so shiny. :mad:

I am happy knowing that my main is a day 1 head start character and one of the oldest characters in the game. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did Bioware remove the helper droid for solo Flashpoints? How do you get that back?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still play the Old Republic at least a few times a week, but I feel the game is no where near as good as it use to be. I miss the huge open planets with side quests everywhere. The latest storyline in the current expansion pack is no where near as good either, and no one runs group content. It also hurts a lot that PvP is terrible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The DX9 patch does indeed make The Old Republic play so much better. Even in PvP the frame rate is a lot better.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jan posted:

Help me out here, I'm bad at this "loot crate" stuff. If I want to pretty princess in this game, there's 4 sources of Cartel Market armour:

1. "Limited time" Cartel Market direct purchases, (i.e.: Gold Scalene currently)
2. "Permanent" direct purchases (i.e.: Thexxan's Robes)
3. Random pieces from opening current packs/hypercrates
4. Occasional direct purchases of sets from previous packs/hypercrates

Are the ones that don't mention limited time really permanent, or do they eventually phase them out? If there's something in particular I want from loot boxes, is it really worth using hypercrates or should I just try the AH? I guess this varies for each one, as I recall Satele Shan's armour was super rare?

Don't spend your money on the loot crates. They are horrible. You will get duplicates and useless items from them. Play the game normally to amass credits and buy what you want on the auction house.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jade Rider posted:

I started playing this since a friend of mine is into it, I made a Sith Sorcerer and I'm having a blast shooting lightning everywhere and being a snarky dick to everyone :allears:

Sith Sorcerer works so well for the latest expansion pack story. They just fit the evil choices so much better then any other class in the game in my opinion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got two characters to level 70 this week. So that was cool. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turning SWTOR into a single player game was a great decision in my opinion. I miss the raid content but goons don't play this game anymore. We just sit in this thread and whine about the game. :P

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Old Republic isn't going anywhere. You guys are being doom and gloom for literally no reason. Battlefront II being bad has nothing to do with TOR.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I maybe had a freak out tonight at the cash shop and got a whole bunch of stuff. :v:

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 6, 2018

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My sub is up near the end of May and I am trying to decide if I want to keep playing. There is just no content to do right now. There's lots of group content that I actually want to do, but no one does the group content, even pubbies, and PvP kinda really sucks except for a handful of classes. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought the vast majority of us only play on imperial side? There's where I play, but i'm barely on these days. I want to try to find the time to be on more often though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SWTOR still seems to be super popular. Whenever I am on in the community hubs, there are dozens of players running around doing their own thing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm sorry I didn't get the joke, but I appreciated the previous screenshot. :saddowns:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can someone please recommend a Sith Inquisitor PvP build? A Google search is only giving me builds for as recent as version 5.0, are these still pretty up to date?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thank you! I just came back to the game the other day and am working on getting the tier 2 set currently with unassembled components.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The score limit to win Huttball is no longer 6 points, but does anyone know what it was increased to?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That explains it, we got to 6 points but the other team had 1 point.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yesterday I got the tier 2 gloves to complete my tier 2 Sith Inq set finally. My brain is broken and I like pointless grinds. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

December will finally be a reason to play again if only for a week or so.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'll be back to play once the new planet is released next month.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a release date yet for Jedi Under Siege? I shouldn't be excited about this but I am, it sounds like everything i've wanted from SWTOR since Bioware decided to remove open world environments in place of story driven linear content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

I've been unironically looking forward to seeing what my buddies Lana and Theron have been up to. I may have bad taste in video games.

We all do if we are still playing this trash fire.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think he meant from this thread. :P I wish I could go! Celebration will probably be where we get the Episode 9 trailer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You son of a bitch! The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've seen them all and love them all like a true Star Wars fan. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A lot of the time I just won't share an opinion I have on the internet because I know it'll result in a gigantic shitfest that I just don't have the mental energy to deal with.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

There’s a lot of stuff in Star Wars that doesn’t make sense science wise because it is a children’s movie about evil space wizards

THAT SAID, the whole conceit of “when we run out of fuel the empire will catch us” is dumb because there’s no gravity in space and once you build up to your desired speed you can drift forever

This was the only thing that bothered me about the Last Jedi.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

2001 is my favorite sci-fi movie for realistic depiction of space.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wasn't expecting Jedi Under Siege to be on the live servers yet, but it's available now just the servers are not online yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dmboogie posted:

I mean, if you’re out of fuel and thus can’t accelerate, but the guys chasing you have fuel and thus can accelerate, they’re gonna catch you

Correct, but this is presented as if the ships are flying in an atmosphere. We know this because one of the medical ships in the rebel fleet loses fuel, slows down, and then eventually goes backwards into the First Order fleet. This wouldn't really happen in space, there's nothing to slow down moving objects with MAYBE few very rare occurring exceptions that we are not entirely sure exist or have an explanation for.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The bug found this morning must have been pretty severe as the servers are still down 2 hours later. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

I mean, I always assumed this was the case. Were people confused by that? :confused:

Well confused in that she should have been super dead because she was exposed to the vacuum of space for at least a couple minutes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just realized that The Old Republic is going to be 7 years old on the 20th.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'll be on for sure! I am looking forward to the server coming back up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Servers are back up, restart Steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

Y'all are endlessly re-litigating TLJ when there's CONTENT to be discussing

:haw:

This is the sort of content I want to see more of in TOR.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

Somehow I'm not surprised to see a Khem Val flirt.

But how surprised are you at how much people really like it? :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, i'm sad that the end game is just really not that fun at all. :/ I wish the PvP would get a massive overhaul and balance changes. Some of the classes are just useless in PvP.