Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Been playing through the smuggler story solo after never really getting into this way back close to launch on a friend's referral code. It's weird that I quit because I was getting murdered by random mobs on the way to the next quest, but now I'm hitting level 50 before I finish chapter 2. The curve has been thrown right out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I was enjoying it, but for the next character I'm going to skip the Heroics and probably most of the non-class story quests to make it a bit more challenging.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
If it's still too easy then for the NEXT character I'll switch the companion to DPS. There are five more stories to go after that, so I'll find the right balance eventually! :v:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
TBH it's fine, I just miss the little skinner box appeal of leveling up or getting better loot while still wanting to finish the story. I'll be getting the Amazon deal next month after I'm not busy anyway, so that'll solve that problem.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I have 2 mil in the legacy bank right now, dunno if there's an upper limit.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
So I finished the story for my smuggler and a legacy kick ability in its own little bar appeared right over the character model for exactly one fight. Where did it go and how go I get it back?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That actually makes a lot of sense. I barely ever use that since it's pretty unnecessary most of the time. Is there any way to move the bar?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I apparently need to work out how to move stuff on purpose...

Is Jindo Krey still bugged? I've killed him twice for no cheevo.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Seems like all the redemption codes have been scrubbed from Amazon. Does that make the Origin 60 day Deluxe Pack the best option now?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Best guess there's some geo-locking at work and they refuse to sell it to Ireland now?

ETA: Yup, that's exactly the problem. We don't get our own Amazon and run off the .co.uk site, and the codes are locked to only be sold to whatever region your Amazon account claims it's in. Switching to a UK address on the account fixed it.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 14, 2019

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

What exactly is the process if you're not in the US and Origin sells you a deluxe pack code for SWTOR that, according to the TOR code redemption screen, has already been used? Origin tells me to contact SWTOR support, but any international call feels like throwing more money after lost money.
Are you sure it wasn't applied immediately by Origin?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I've been tempted to throw together a guild for me and my EU friends, but I've not really thought about it too much.

ETA: looking into it, there's just the three of us playing intermittantly, so we need two more and to cat-herd everyone online together. I'm on Darth Malgus if you want to actually try scrape together a minimum guild.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 28, 2019

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I never got around to using bound XP boosts before hitting level 70. Is there any reason to hang onto them beyond "hope for a level cap raise"? Do they affect Command XP?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That'll do me.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Heck, that'll help in PVE when the fights get crowded.

Also: gently caress Dark Design's bossfight. That is all.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
What's up with the random "you have reached a secluded area" on Rishi? I just started getting it today.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Artifact Authorisation seems like the kind of QoL stuff that I'll just end up dropping some of the Amazon cash on out of sheer convenience TBH. Other than that and species unlocks there's not much else that interests me on the market.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'm playing on Malgus, no guild though.

Is it just me or is Ziost's quest triggering wrong? Why do I have to go to space all the time? Why won't the taxis trigger the next part of the story quest? Why do they even exist?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It makes sense why it does it for the last time, but between each section is silly. There's no need to send me to space just to have me click right back onto the terminal and go back to the planet when a taxi exists. It's just adding a click and a loading screen for no reason.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Each section was originally released several months apart so that's probably why.
That makes sense, but in a bad way.

Also I totally get what people mean by "corridors of Skytroopers" now. Ugh.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Odd bug (maybe?) I just noticed: after my smuggler got his ship back, Risha is in the cargo bay. Not usable as a companion, just chillin'. You think someone would have mentioned this to him.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Bear in mind that I'm on chapter 10 or so of the Fallen Empire stuff.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I kind of enjoyed how Command Ranking at least let me feel like I was gaining something from all the mooks I was killing at level 70, even if i had fully geared out by rank 40 or so.

Cross-Section posted:

And that's why one of the first things I do on a new character is disable general chat
I like to just report everyone for spam.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Is there a particular point in the story where it makes the most sense to do the Star Fortresses? It seems all my alliance alerts are for them anyway.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The pace of the chapters seems to be designed to just sort of shuttle you from one to the next with no real breaks. Apart from the point where you start to pull the alliance together in the first place you tend to end up starting on Zakuul somewhere regardless of if you want to do that or you just want to cross the base to give someone some crates. Somehow it feels simultaneously more on rails and less guided.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
To get people to pay for HK-51 I guess?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I really liked his little crisis of faith. It was an interesting examination of religion that I wasn't expecting from a murderbot fanservice character.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Some of them really need you to play dress up. Ugly costumes....

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Mako mostly. Skadge is terrible in other ways.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
What's the trick? Just taking the solo activity and getting the completion?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Ah, okay. I didn't miss out by just not bothering so.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The composition is really bad and it looks like there are multiple different styles and materials used. TBH it looks like a fan work.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Rather elderly for a Padawan, no?

I am finally a Preferred status account. What are the must-haves for me to buy with the Cartel Coins I squirreled away from the Amazon bundle and the various monthly grants? I have the one that gives me the temporary rocket boost already.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I think I got it via legacy unlock anyway. Space barbie doesn't really bother me, but I got unify colours via some dude looking for people who had active subs to take his referral link. Mostly I want gameplay affecting stuff.

ETA: I bought Section X authorisation, because apparently not bothering to finish one of the missions breaks your account so that your Galaxy Map stops showing you locations of active quests, and when you open it or load an area it tells you that you require Section X authorisation in a popup THREE loving TIMES FOR EVERY LOAD :psyduck:

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 22, 2019

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Cythereal posted:

That and Kaliyo is [fairly literally] a bomb-throwing anarchist who repeatedly blackmails you and fucks poo poo up for you just because it amuses her, and the most you can do is wag your finger at her.

She's also just kind of a terrible person in general. Lokin or Scorpio would at least have a reason beyond "I thought it would be funny" for stabbing you in the back.
I found her fine as the early Agent companion for as far as I got, but when she turned up in KotFE I really liked how you eventually get to call her out on her bullshit and she's got no response. She's not an anarchist, she's just a lovely vandal. And in the end she knows it. I'm amazed it wasn't a dark side choice to utterly crush her.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Medullah posted:

Yeah people post on Reddit all the time asking for SWTOR classic. It's dumb, the only thing that launch SWTOR had going for it was population. Skill Trees were kind of fun, but the game is superior in every other way compared to back then.

People complain about how fast leveling is, and how level sync makes final fights trivial, but these people don't remember how much of a kick in the dick it was doing every available mission just to barely stay at the required level. Some missions are really cool, but none are cool the 8th time you're doing them.
Leveling is a bit too easy right now, especially with all the double XP events. On my Bounty Hunter I skipped Balmorra and went straight to Nar Shaddaa with no problems, and ended up being level 40 by the time I finished it. That's three planets to nearly hit the F2P cap. I only rarely felt even slightly challenged along the way, so if that's the kind of gameplay people are looking for then their complaints make sense.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Medullah posted:

I agree, but we're in the minority. People that play just for the story don't want the traditional MMO challenge. I'm fine with story being easy now that they're focusing on endgame repeatable content again.
I'm fine with just playing the story, but I do like the periodic skinner box rewards along the way. It's something that's missing from the post-50 F2P experience, and why I actually kind of liked the command level loot crates on my Smuggler before I dropped to preferred.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
There's a private Galaxies server that I kind of enjoyed playing on a while back here. It let me play a Rodian, which is a significant improvement on TOR.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You still get offered kit for your companions at times. I have a bunch of HK-51 gear that you get with the companion which does... nothing. You even get a duplicate of the rifle he uses. Can't even reverse engineer it for mats, just sell it to a vendor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Treek seems to still have some AoE heal effect that I've not noticed other companions using. I may be imagining it because she's just so much fun as a companion, but she seems to be a slightly better option for flashpoint comp if there's a slot open.