Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How the hell does this game’s launcher still use 100% of resources when it first starts patching?

And if it’s using 100% why does it still take so long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Level 10.

You'll probably be around that level by the time you actually get your lightsaber.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gazillion was broke and didn't have anything upcoming that would bring in money.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's because HTTP images don't work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The initial file scan will use 100% of your disk. Even on an SSD.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aleth posted:

'Someone's personal assassin' being the loving Emperor's Wrath who actually outranks the Dark Council as the Wrath only answers to the Emperor. You're basically Vader.

The Wrath isn't under the Council's authority but can't command them either. The Emperor's special pals are outside the power structure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah the Knight spends way more time with the Emperor than the Warrior does.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Say wrong thing, get called out for wrong thing, move goalposts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does the patcher still thrash your install drive to 100% disc usage?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're subbed on the 15th you get him.

So you're safe to do it now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The female VOs are better for almost every class.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

As someone who mained a Kinetic Shadow for the majority of my NiM raiding days the Cascading Debris change was awesome...unfortunately 50% of Kinetic is Double Strike spam and another 40% is Slow Time/Force Breach hand waving.

While we're bitching about animations I'd like a word with the dev who thought it would be neat to have my Mara moan suggestively every time I Furious Strike.

Through Passion I find Strength.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He has to use force powers because how is your stupid loser, hides-behind-a-hologram-window-rear end going to save Lana?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Star Wars.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

Let's not forget about the space jihad of flying a space ship into other ships, which if it was an actual viable way of attacking, why wouldn't they develop unmanned ship-missiles controlled by droids to attack all the huge ships?

Why don't we develop unmanned planes to smash into enemy bases at supersonic speeds?

Because it's loving expensive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

So in actual SWTOR news, a major content drop hits tomorrow. A planet with a level 70 storyline, daily area, world bosses, datacrons, etc. It's not an expansion so you SHOULD be able to play it as long as you have a level 70 character.

The story is a return to Sith vs Jedi, now that the Knights of the XX stories are completed and you defeated your evil spaceship. Most people think this is setting up a major expansion next year.

New patch also introduces two new tier of raid gear which is going to be retarded to get so don't even bother unless you're an endgame raider or want to do PvP at all. It's really bad, like, hope you like the new planet because it means you'll be doing it over and over and over again.

It also introduces Guild experience and the ability to buy perks for the guild, which I'll take a look at and see if our dead gay guild can actually use any of.

Speaking of rusty nails and genitalia...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ships in Star Wars have never followed the rules of physics in space.

In the very first movie nearly every move the ships make is impossible with only rear propulsion. Throughout the movies ships decelerate or even stop without reverse thrust.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Well confused in that she should have been super dead because she was exposed to the vacuum of space for at least a couple minutes.

She subconsciously shielded herself with the force.

Probably.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darth Vader had limited remaining use of the force due to his injuries and his armor. You idiot. You absolute moron.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a door, nerds. Just say door.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They changed it in like 2012, his feud went way back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't it kind of bad if they made them suddenly gay?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cythereal posted:

So all the returning companions are straight, then.

No, he's saying the opposite. Old companions with new romance arcs/conversations added since Makeb are either. I don't know if there's enough in the conversations to say if they're bi, they're probably just gay or straight depending on the PC's gender.

For the last update it was Khem, Nadia and Jaesa. Not sure if it's only LS and DS remains straight only or what though. Someone will answer that shortly, I'm sure.

My only character through KOTFE stuff is single now because of the lovely misleading dialogue prompt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's just your weird grudges with the new content, the old stuff is bad too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not for like 4 years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not a team based game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stockholm syndrome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're always the main character in WoW. You're the cause of every major thing that happens. Bolvar dies in the second zone and showed back up like 2 years later.

It's not a "don't make the player the main character" thing, it's about having a supporting cast of major players who are more than just sidekicks. You don't want to make the player the king in a continuing narrative, but having the king that's put in place be a close ally or friend still makes it an accomplishment without tying an anchor around your neck.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 13, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Your second rule is not followed by any succesful MMO that has ever existed.

Including this one in its original class stories. It also routinely doesn't follow the 3rd one about avoiding being too powerful.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also you can become a Baroness.

I don't know what males get.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

nope

any bounty hunter can get knight of alderaan or homewrecker from that quest, but only women can marry the baron. apparently there were plans for male characters to be able to marry his rival, but that didn't make it out of beta for whatever reason

Yeah, there's already a Baron you make marry you. It's launch content, so no gay allowed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's because in the JK storyline there's a part where you're captured and brainwashed into working for the Emperor. You break free of his control after a time jump and go back to Jedi business while NPCs occasionally get mad at you for stuff you didn't see happen in the time skip. It's explicitly said to be control though, so the game can easily say it wasn't your fault.

There have always been rumors of more elaborate stories similar to the Agent's that never had time, and that's a persistent one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Warmachine posted:

Yeah, it was never the storyline aspects that killed SWTOR. It was the MMO side, which was a WoW clone circa 2007, which is very bad for a game from 2012.

Yeah basically every WoW clone had this issue.

MMO development takes so long Blizzard has made sweeping quality of life improvements by the time they come out and people don't want to go back to the old way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For the pre-KotFE stuff, something with stealth. For after that, stealth never works anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All of EA's account systems take forever to send emails.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Agent has the best story, Knight has the most KOTOR3 story. Warrior is like if KOTOR3 was played from the Imperial side. Inquisitor is solid too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

Depends what you mean by storyline. The class stories are all generally pretty separate iirc, with only a scant amount of them referencing each other (knight and warrior of the only one I can think of off the top of my head). I’m not even sure if they all take place at the same time.

They all take place within the same roughly 10 year period, but some storylines run a longer span of that than others.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Sith Warrior is a bootlicker.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Siegkrow posted:

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rian-johnson-direct-old-republic-trilogy/

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Not only do I get another Star Wars movie by Rian Johnson but it will be an old republic movie AND THE MANCHILD RAGE WILL BE GLORIOUS!

You do know what day today is right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Winning makes it quicker but you just have to play.