Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
Chocolate isn't candy btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

THE BAR posted:

Jam and jelly's equally disgusting; what's wrong with marmalade, you gelatine-quaffing monsters?

Actually the main thickening agent in all three is pectin

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hammerite posted:

get this: americans call jam "jelly".

what do they call jelly, you ask? well they call jelly "jellijubs" b/c they are crazy people
jelly (the spreadable kind, not the gelatin dessert kind) is solidified with pectin but has had the fruit solids strained out (this means it's essentially fruit juice gelled with pectin).

jam includes the fruit solids, so it has more texture to it.

I hope this helps you savages in learning to enjoy God's own American gift to the world, peanut butter & jelly :)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
if you dont like pb&j youre not a good person though the guy who liked pb and honey has a drat good point. really, if you dont like pb, youre a piece of poo poo

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

The Dennis System posted:

Wrong. It's also math, not maths.

ey fellas just doing some mathematic over here

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Dregs posted:

what the gently caress is jelly, if it aint jam?

Anyway you focused on the wrong part of the post. Why don't you go try a peanut butter and jam? With a cold glass of milk. Then come talk to me.

You can’t jelly :airquote: a dick into your rear end. :smuggo:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You jumped out of jelly into a jam
I tried to help you
I can't do nothing for you man

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

do you also study geometries and algebras and grammars and histories?
Actually nevermind you probably do.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

You mean mathsematics

I guess you can say "maths" but you should have to spell it math's since that's the convention for abbreviations

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I guess you can say "maths" but you should have to spell it math's since that's the convention for abbreviations
No it isn't and stop doing it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wrageowrapper posted:

Chocolate isn't candy btw

then what the hell is it?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

then what the hell is it?

Chocolate is chocolate

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
There is such a thing as chocolate candy, like those hard chocolate mint disk things or those chocolate necco wafers

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

There is such a thing as chocolate candy, like those hard chocolate mint disk things or those chocolate necco wafers

is caramel candy?

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

is caramel candy?

No. Caramel, the good stuff anyway, usually has somekind of dairy mixed in with the sugar (which tends to be high on the molasses). Candy is just sugar, plus flavourings.

The shell of an m&m is candy, the inside is chocolate. The whole thing together is chocolate and candy.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Wrageowrapper posted:

No. Caramel, the good stuff anyway, usually has somekind of dairy mixed in with the sugar (which tends to be high on the molasses). Candy is just sugar, plus flavourings.

The shell of an m&m is candy, the inside is chocolate. The whole thing together is chocolate and candy.

Omg I would give you the biggest noogie ever irl if you said this to me.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

lol

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

I'd deserve it too (probably even enjoy it)

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Don't trust the Brits to be sensible when they can't even drive on the right side of the road.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbU8B-QVZk

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I kind of wish we copied that one. It seems like it would be nice to be able to park on a street and be able to get out without worrying about your door being torn off. Why do we do it our way?

Wait a second.

Aren't the drivers on the other side too? So, then yeah, it makes no sense. And I need to smoke less weed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ah yes the classic shortened version of that word we all know, muther

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

a bone to pick posted:

What's a noogie? I'm not well versed in British 1970's racial epithets.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Why would you call it arithmetics? Math, you can understand the plurality without an s, like deer.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Rambling Robot posted:

Ask yourself, what sounds best:

We Wanna Gangbang Your Mom 12

or

Might We Please Gangbang Your Mum 12

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

The Dennis System posted:

Wrong. It's also math, not maths.

If I wasnt trapped in this skinny small framed shell, I would instantly suplex people who referred to it as maths

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

butt dickus posted:

No it isn't and stop doing it.

'tis

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also "hoes" as in "bitches and hoes" should really be spelled "who'es"

E.g., "G's up, who'es down"

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

that jennifer lawrence film sure would of been a lot better if it were called 'mum!' and was about a nice mum who makes vegemite sandwiches in a crazy house that bleeds aeroplane jelly

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Don't trust the Brits to be sensible when they can't even drive on the right side of the road.
yeah, let's see them try to say left is right :rolleyes:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

krampster2 posted:

that jennifer lawrence film sure would of been a lot better if it were called 'mum!' and was about a nice mum who makes vegemite sandwiches in a crazy house that bleeds aeroplane jelly

Wouldn't the long form of mum be mummy?

Although a j law Mummy! would be way better than the latest lovely mummy movie aka the cummy

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

aluminium is the most beeta of all the elements

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
American - fetus

British - feoteous

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
American - child

British - jailbait

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

krampster2 posted:

i am a polite australian man by the way.

what even is peanut butter and jelly? like are we talking about an actual combination of peanut butter, and like, aeroplane jelly? that sounds gross

Yes. Peanut butter and Kentucky jelly. It is the best.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Das Boo posted:

they do drive on right side of road just in the wrong direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

What a horribly wrong statement to make a thread out of. Krampster1 would never have made a mistake like that.

• Locked thread