Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little munchkin
Oh, a advertisement where you say I shouldn't buy KFC on opposite day? That's so original! If your company really cared about opposite day then you'd let customers come in with fried chicken that you would give them money for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
I feel like every year the opposite day season gets longer and longer. It's over a month away but a few of my neighbors have already set up decorations for other holidays.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love not doing things, then again it is opposite day

----------------

alnilam

The last straw for me was when cashiers started saying "happy or not happy holiday or not holiday." Political correctness is really destroying this country. Opposite day is part of our culture damnit,

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
NON-trending topics???

----------------

Macnult

thread for not freaking out about how commercialized Opposite Day has become

little munchkin
i remember when i was younger Starbucks would celebrate opposite day by writing your name on your forehead and then pour a full cup of scalding hot coffee onto you. nowadays they're too afraid of lawsuits to do anything more than replace the pastry section with T-Bone Steaks

----------------

Manifisto

everybody who keeps up with the trends knows that the focus, especially for the youth, has shifted to opposite eve, or opposit'een. kids going from house to house handing out candy. pranks like washing people's windows, delivering packaged toilet paper, putting poop in a paper bag, ringing the doorbell, and when it's answered going "I hope you don't mind if we take the liberty of adding some manure to your compost pile, although it might smell slightly it is an excellent source of nitrogen and phosphorous and to be quite honest your rosebushes are looking a little peaked"

cda

by Hand Knit
In Canada, Opposite Day is in March.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
When FedEx made their logo an arrow, that's when I knew Opposite Day had lost its soul

----------------

Manifisto

on opposite day, irony is neither clever nor funny. everybody takes pains to be incredibly clear that they are saying the opposite of what they mean. capitalizing on the ambiguity of the situation for humorous purposes is deeply frowned upon. "we really appreciate your ironic jokes," people will say angrily to an offender, accompanied by a gesture such as wagging a finger, shaking a fist, or giving a thumbs-down.

ty nesamdoom!

cda

by Hand Knit
Ha ha Google, thanks for giving me search results for everything except the thing I asked for. I sure am glad it's Opposite Day.

----------------

joke_explainer

You love why residential Facts Night hasn't remained

google THIS

The Jews don't even celebrate Opposite Day. Instead they have Maybekkah, the Eight Crazy Days of Ambiguity. Then they get all offended when I put a Notsurah in my window on Opposite Day. So now I'm supposed to respect their traditions but they won't respect mine?

cda

by Hand Knit

google THIS posted:

The Jews don't even celebrate Opposite Day. Instead they have Maybekkah, the Eight Crazy Days of Ambiguity. Then they get all offended when I put a Notsurah in my window on Opposite Day. So now I'm supposed to respect their traditions but they won't respect mine?

lmao

----------------

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

don't even get me started on flip-a-koinzaa. yeah sure a celebration of random chance sounds cool, but it's really hard to prepare for a holiday you don't even know is coming until the dice come up the right way that morning

cda

by Hand Knit
Yeah. If you want us to respect Maybekkah, don't just answer "Next Saturday, perhaps?" when we ask you when it is.

----------------

Macnult

joke_explainer posted:

You love why residential Facts Night hasn't remained

little munchkin

google THIS posted:

lol

----------------

Manifisto

cda posted:

Yeah. If you want us to respect Maybekkah, don't just answer "Next Saturday, perhaps?" when we ask you when it is.

frankly I'm not sure they even want our respect

I mean, I asked, and the rabbi said "yes, absolutely," but he had kind of a tone in his voice

vanisher

Saw a commercial on youtube that lasted as long as the video I wanted to see

Must be opposite day

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
frankly, im kind of relieved by the vulgarisation of opposite day - i remember how distressing it was to get drunk by my own coffee or doing that weird special-relativistic time/space bending thing to not travel to negative-work. im just trying to say the constant lingual paradoxes messed up my day, and im happy now even if it means i have to view chickens blindly navigate kfc order interfaces, while the franchise is attempting on selling those morally questionable human nuggets

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Manifisto

Nosfereefer posted:

frankly, im kind of relieved by the vulgarisation of opposite day - i remember how distressing it was to get drunk by my own coffee or doing that weird special-relativistic time/space bending thing to not travel to negative-work. im just trying to say the constant lingual paradoxes messed up my day, and im happy now even if it means i have to view chickens blindly navigate kfc order interfaces, while the franchise is attempting on selling those morally questionable human nuggets

agreed, although the cows do not seem entirely pleased to have milk squirted into their udders

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Manifisto posted:

agreed, although the cows do not seem entirely pleased to have milk squirted into their udders

the cows' wellbeing, im afraid, are secondary to the fabric of spacetime. orthodox opposite day wrecked havoc across the globe, indeed the universe, which only capitalism could save us from

Nosfereefer

sure, coca cola is selling this horrifyingly lethal liquid glass encased in crystallized cola, but remember when our skins turned inside out and the concept of 1+1=2 was somehow reversed?

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Say what you want. I love feeling like an old man again every year when 50 million fellow Americans and I march down 59th Ave for the viewing pleasure of the Rockettes and inflatable Bullwinkle.

FactsAreUseless

I hate it too. I hate the great deals. I hate the wonderful sales. I hate the low, low prices on everything from video games to dishwashers. It enrages me. I feel no joy. My disgusting wife and I do not go to the stores together, and we never hold hands. We do not kiss under the light of a sign reading "Nothing in the store, 30% on!" It is not, and has never been, the highlight of our year.

I hate Opposite Day. I hated it as a child, mourning it with my hateful parents. I hated decorating the Opposite Pit. I despised the joy of waking up on Opposite Evening to a pit full of presents.

I hope nobody ever celebrates it again, and I will not pass the tradition to my children.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
(snickering under my breath at the other 5th graders who still believe that Opposite Man is fake)

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

cda

by Hand Knit

blaise rascal posted:

(snickering under my breath at the other 5th graders who still believe that Opposite Man is fake)

----------------

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
"Hey there, Opposite Man," I say, taking another sip of bourbon.

"Oh hey, what's up?" he says. He carefully picks up my hdtv, slides it into a cloth sack, and begins removing my paintings from the wall.

"Oh, not much," I say, "I'm just feeling nostalgic. You know, I can still remember the days when I though it was my parents stealing all my stuff every year. Heck, I even remember the moment I first discovered the veracity of your existence, and fully grasped the blight your thievery inflicts upon the soul of mankind."

"It's funny how time flies," he says, grabbing the bourbon out of my hand, "but listen, I gotta bunch of other houses to visit, so I'd better be on my way."

"See you, Opposite Man."

"Goodbye."

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 28, 2017

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
It was when MacDonalds showed that ad “Have a lovely opposites day” the day after opposites day that really wound me up. Now everyone’s trying to one up each other there’s been an opposites day every day since then. I don’t even know when it is anymore!

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Opposites day?
More like Christmas DON’T!!

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I wanted to share my opposite day experiences with everyone on social media, but nobody's been tweeting the official oppositeday# what gives?

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

google THIS

HotSoapyBeard posted:

It was when MacDonalds showed that ad “Have a lovely opposites day” the day after opposites day that really wound me up. Now everyone’s trying to one up each other there’s been an opposites day every day since then. I don’t even know when it is anymore!

Thread for freaking the hell out about how late Opposite Day ends

Macnult

ugh they always tell you the ice cream machine is working after a certain time

Manifisto

I dunno, I kind of like how on opposite day, amazon transforms into a single huge brick-and-mortar store where you have to locate everything with the assistance of human beings.

opposite day twitter is kind of annoying however, I just want to retweet cute cat pictures not write thoroughly fact-checked and footnoted essays that both contextualize and radically deconstruct the images

little munchkin
while it's technically true that on most days I don't buy a bunch of expensive diamond rings and then throw them down a sewer grate, I can't help but think your motive here isn't just the holiday spirit

----------------

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
I LOVE how commercialized Opposite Day has become

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
mags

I DO want Opposite Day to be co-opted by Capitalist Fat Cats

paul_soccer12 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

Every day but Opposite Day, my family WONT burn in effigy an upside down fiddler, the Opposite Dog Grop.

paul_soccer12 posted:

• Locked thread