Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

He got the billion dollar WBD deal is done wrong.

he never said that, that was ryan frederick

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1749848795628884153

1glitch0 posted:

Got the AEW's tape library will be on Max "imminently" wrong.

i have zero search results for him ever using the term imminently when talking about that

1glitch0 posted:

Got Raw going to TV-14 "next week" wrong.

Meltzer confirmed this was planned and that internal memos were drawn up but there was advertiser / mattel pushback

1glitch0 posted:

Got "Forbidden Door will be at Arthur Ashe" wrong, apparently.

the show was booked there and is moving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm interested in the "something in AEW has changed" leading to it moving. Maybe so it can be better to travel to for Mexican or other Japanese talent? I don't think it would be for some kind of debut, but maybe they wanted a significant location for some kind of big match?

Or...Arena Mexico??

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'm interested in the "something in AEW has changed" leading to it moving. Maybe so it can be better to travel to for Mexican or other Japanese talent? I don't think it would be for some kind of debut, but maybe they wanted a significant location for some kind of big match?

Or...Arena Mexico??

SRS said Bushiroad didn't want to split production costs for running it in Arthur Ashe.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Pylons posted:

SRS said Bushiroad didn't want to split production costs for running it in Arthur Ashe.

Aww, that's a much less fun answer. :(

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
zarian eyeball emojid the saudi buys WWE story but a lot of guys fell for that one tbf

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he never said that, that was ryan frederick

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1749848795628884153

i have zero search results for him ever using the term imminently when talking about that

Meltzer confirmed this was planned and that internal memos were drawn up but there was advertiser / mattel pushback

the show was booked there and is moving

Everything I mentioned are things I personally heard him claim as his own scoops on his podcast.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Incessant Excess posted:

zarian eyeball emojid the saudi buys WWE story but a lot of guys fell for that one tbf

His podcasts are a gish gallop of innuendo, speculation, vague teases, and verbal eyeball emojis presented as confident scoops.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

An AEW show in arena Mexico would be sick

It would be interesting to see what that place looks at 1/3rd capacity, yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

It would be interesting to see what that place looks at 1/3rd capacity, yeah

This isn’t the hell thread!!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zarian said the new Dynamite logo was just going to be used for the Canadian tour and there would be a second new, real logo after

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i mean, if CMLL was able to sell out that anniversary show with just a big fun AEW vs CMLL tag, i think an actual forbidden door card mixing AEW/CMLL/NJPW would absolutely sell out arena mexico. i don't really have a great sense of how over the average NJPW wrestler is in CMLL - certainly not as over as the average CMLL wrestler is on a fantasticamania tour - but it seems like there's a local smark fanbase that will absolutely show up for a show like that.

now would it make financial sense? oh man almost certainly not. but it'd be pretty fun!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
tired: naito should drop the belt to mox in chicago
wired: naito vs mistico title vs mask

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

tired: naito should drop the belt to mox in chicago
wired: naito vs mistico title vs mask

Inspired: Naito drops the belt to Mox in Chicago then Naito vs Mistico is hair vs mask

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't know who andrew zarian is but i can see a good witchhunt when I see one. let's get him. lets get everyone he loves. He didn't post something that one time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

i mean, if CMLL was able to sell out that anniversary show with just a big fun AEW vs CMLL tag, i think an actual forbidden door card mixing AEW/CMLL/NJPW would absolutely sell out arena mexico. i don't really have a great sense of how over the average NJPW wrestler is in CMLL - certainly not as over as the average CMLL wrestler is on a fantasticamania tour - but it seems like there's a local smark fanbase that will absolutely show up for a show like that.

now would it make financial sense? oh man almost certainly not. but it'd be pretty fun!

CMLL has run multiple million US$ gates so you can charge the kind of ticket prices you would get in the US. The question is would it be worth it for CMLL, because when you do a big show like that you risk wiping out your local fans financially for a bit (when WWE would come to Mexico during their peak with Rey it would hurt the overall market for weeks before and after) but maybe so many people fly in that it doesn't really matter.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave getting ominous on WOR.

Dave: We're gonna be doing this every Monday night for the rest of our lives.

:allears:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Relatively new podcast The Trish and Sarah Wrestling Podcast has a great overview of the Punk situation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X1Xgc0L1FQ

No scoops but sourced up. Apparently, there's screenshots of funny Punk dms floating around in the deep dirt.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tony really fades into the background on this week's Deadlock. I get the feeling that this era of TNA is not in his wheelhouse.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fez_machine posted:

Relatively new podcast The Trish and Sarah Wrestling Podcast has a great overview of the Punk situation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X1Xgc0L1FQ

No scoops but sourced up. Apparently, there's screenshots of funny Punk dms floating around in the deep dirt.

I listened to this last night and the thing that really stuck out at me was the Colt Cabana example. Punk wouldn't have worked with him even if it would've drawn interest (it would've), so clearly personal reasons impeding business aren't something he's against, except when the personal reasons are against him.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
In conclusion, CM Punk is a land of contrasts.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

explosivo posted:

Tony really fades into the background on this week's Deadlock. I get the feeling that this era of TNA is not in his wheelhouse.

That describes basically every episode of the podcast

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

apophenium posted:

In conclusion, CM Punk is an rear end in a top hat

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
"And Indiana is lawless"
:lol:

https://x.com/aew/status/1777803679883563266?s=46

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've only been here 3 years, but she's right.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Especially southern Indiana. Kentucky is a bad influence

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shawn Dean using that Randy Orton strat :eyepop:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Peter Cushing & the Sunshine Band

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's so funny and nice hearing Billie use all the little turns of phrase she picked up from the Midwest independent scene that was active around the time she was growing up to the point that I can trace them back to specific people. I remember when she was just Mouse's kid.

One of us made it. :unsmith:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

crying

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I feel real bad for dave. when he reviews dynamite he is going to have to choose between will or paul

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I feel real bad for dave. when he reviews dynamite he is going to have to choose between will or paul

Well, one's turned a blind eye to sexual assault while the other...I forget how this joke goes.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Dave is friends with Ric Flair.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
dave still thinks matt riddle is an amazing ace of a wrestler and doesnt get why people dont like him.

he will tsk tsk ospreay, but would be funny if this one promo rightfully firing back at HHH somehow effects the star ratings Dave gives him

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Seriously though Dave's dick riding of levesque is loving embarrassing as was his pr campaign for him last year.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

explosivo posted:

He's just tired from being 67 years old with a 10 ft hog.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Malikov posted:

Seriously though Dave's dick riding of levesque is loving embarrassing as was his pr campaign for him last year.

What do you find embarrassing about it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edward Mass posted:

This and Granny apparently watching an old Wrestlemania (last year's?) and thinking it was Night 1 and wondering why Cody got to wrestle Roman on Night 2 cracked me up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What do you find embarrassing about it?

I find a lot of random Dave campaigns embarrassing. Before it went into the easy lay up of "they're just rapists and enablers" making it easy he used to spend every year yelling at the voters for not voting for Randy Orton in the hall until he himself one day realised Tomohiro Ishii in a single G1 had more matches better than Randy had had in his entire career.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have no idea what that second sentence means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

H.H posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. HOWSITGOINGEVERYBODY ITS WRESTLING OBSERVER RADIO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DAVE MELTZER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS JOSHI TRAINING HOUSE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. I FIND A LOT OF RANDOM DAVE CAMPAIGNS EMBARRASING. BEFORE IT WENT INTO THE EASY LAY UP OF THEY ARE JUST RAPISTS AND ENABLERS MAKING IT EASY HE USED TO SPEND EVERY YEAR YELLING AT VOTERS FOR NOT VOTING FOR RANDY ORTON IN THE HALL UNTIL HE HIMSELF ONE DAY REALISED TOMOHIRO ISHII IN A SINGLE G1 HAD MORE MATCHES BETTER THAN ORTOM HAD IN HIS ENTIRE YEAR. AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 3 HOURS DURING RAW INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Apr 11, 2024