Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1786886803166986251

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
brother's doing tricks on it

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

pathetic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sapp's response is the right one.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1786896730962702568

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

lol this rocks. triple h gave exactly the wrongest possible response

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Love some good servileposting

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy posted:

Dave is going to have to have more people killed.

i'm dying at a time stamped transcript like it's a White House press briefing or something.

also:

WWE: We release talent all the time. It is part of all we do.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Did the reporter follow up on it to ask him if they didn't renew the contract because of the allegations Ronda Rousey made against him?

That type of mental process would never occur to one of these fraudcasters.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The format of the press conference doesn't really allow for actual follow-up questions, and once finishing the non-answer to that specific question Triple H reacts as if he's being told he's out of time and he gets up and leaves. He's literally gone ten seconds later. Which is not to say that specific person would have asked a follow-up question, but Triple H also immediately fled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maybe Triple H had to go because he's finally found the time to read that lawsuit about his father-in-law?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe Triple H had to go because he's finally found the time to read that lawsuit about his father-in-law?

This is incredibly disingenuous. Is it so hard to believe that someone was reading it to him just offscreen and as soon as it got to the really bad stuff he bolted to immediately get to the bottom of it?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

The format of the press conference doesn't really allow for actual follow-up questions, and once finishing the non-answer to that specific question Triple H reacts as if he's being told he's out of time and he gets up and leaves. He's literally gone ten seconds later. Which is not to say that specific person would have asked a follow-up question, but Triple H also immediately fled.

One can only imagine HHH running away, Looney Tunes style, legs obscured by a dust cloud.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

Did the reporter follow up on it to ask him if they didn't renew the contract because of the allegations Ronda Rousey made against him?

it was part of the original question, triple h just refused to answer it

https://twitter.com/JustTheFights2/status/1786860648024227929

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yes, I was saying that when Triple H answered the question,"Was he released because of Ronda's allegations?" with "He wasn't released, his contract wasn't renewed" then the follow-up should have been,"So was his contract not renewed because of Ronda's allegations?"

But apparently 2 frames after that linked video ended, Triple H did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUH5FJqRpbw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

every one of these dweebs except dave should just disappear tbh

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Jerusalem posted:

Yes, I was saying that when Triple H answered the question,"Was he released because of Ronda's allegations?" with "He wasn't released, his contract wasn't renewed" then the follow-up should have been,"So was his contract not renewed because of Ronda's allegations?"

But apparently 2 frames after that linked video ended, Triple H did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUH5FJqRpbw
Here's a clip of the full remainder of the press conference after he finishes his answer/'answer' about Gulak:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxzzktWz553FowAuulY7Sh6hPJyLJrAfRw?si=VtQHcFq6vDidUXPK

I assume they edited out the sound effects

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol at Dave's joke about JYD's trunks

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

every one of these dweebs except dave should just disappear tbh

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Dave elaborated on WOR saying HHH privately contacted Sapp and PWInsider to apologize, talked about how this is just the reporter/company game and everyone knows how it works, HHH likely won’t publicly apologize, and that it’s nothing new. He then talked about how when WWF was losing to WCW and business was down, Vince and WWF officials were overwhelmingly kind to him and then stopped being kind to him when they got back on top.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

a dumb moron posted:

Dave elaborated on WOR saying HHH privately contacted Sapp and PWInsider to apologize, talked about how this is just the reporter/company game and everyone knows how it works, HHH likely won’t publicly apologize, and that it’s nothing new. He then talked about how when WWF was losing to WCW and business was down, Vince and WWF officials were overwhelmingly kind to him and then stopped being kind to him when they got back on top.

only the weak apologize. hunter should have shut those rags down.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

only the weak apologize. hunter should have shut those rags down.

Honestly? Yeah

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WWE's PR team to HHH after the press conference: "hey dummy don't you realize how important those 'sources' are for what we do?!"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

all worthless little haters go to the beach NOW

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

this fraud probably goes to lake “beaches”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Touch grass sand

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this fraud probably goes to lake “beaches”

AEW Beach Break in Cleveland

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fez_machine posted:

it was probably -40F with the wind at that location that day. it was so loving cold

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fez_machine posted:

Hobbs is so cool

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

graph posted:

it was probably -40F with the wind at that location that day. it was so loving cold

Tony was so pissed during that seg lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

Tony was so pissed during that seg lol

he wasnt dressed for being outside more than 2 minutes. it was cold

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Hobbs is so cool

well yeah he wasnt wearing a shirt and it was cold out

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Joe Lanza posted a long piece about how people owe Lucas Charpiot an apology (after Mike Johnson demanded one from him and then deleted it) which included notes about how reporters from other outlets were harassing Lucas on his way out and had been fed softball questions from WWE.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
it's weird that wwe invites any real outlets at all to these things when they essentially want them to be storyline

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

Joe Lanza posted a long piece about how people owe Lucas Charpiot an apology (after Mike Johnson demanded one from him and then deleted it) which included notes about how reporters from other outlets were harassing Lucas on his way out and had been fed softball questions from WWE.

Cant wait to listen to the flagship rant about this. Frightful and PWInsider have really taken a nosedive in credibility the last few months.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm glad HHH's "credible sources" comment has Dave now calling out bad-faith arguments against AEW on WOR

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

dave meltzer, welcome to the resistance

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dango Bango posted:

I'm glad HHH's "credible sources" comment has Dave now calling out bad-faith arguments against AEW on WOR

Does that include his own? Or Bryan's, which are worse?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You can be good faith but stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I do believe that Bryan genuinely, sincerely, good faithedly doesnt know how to watch the end of a television show