Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the law being shut down is honestly shocking. i didn't listen to the radio show much but i've listened to john and wai for something like 6 years and i really feel for them and wish them the best of luck, same to everyone else who was let go.

it looks like that for the time being john and wai are going to be podcasting on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt6KgAWAZSA

rovert posted:

The LAW will be replaced by an "IMPACT promotional show" according to Meltzer. With the likes of Borash and Bob Ryder.

dave was only speculating, but something like that wouldn't be surprising

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

coconono posted:

Sometimes I can't tell if Dave does that for laughs or if there's something seriously contorted in his brain.

he's definitely fairly self aware but also i'm pretty sure his brain is always going at 200 mph so he doesn't really think before he says anything

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

am i a hardcore fan if i almost never watch wrestling yet listen to podcasts about it

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Can I ask why you don't watch wrestling?

because wwe is boring and when i have no interest in wwe my interest in wrestling as a whole goes down for whatever reason

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bryan: he said there's a fate worse than death--kane
dave: watching kane matches?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

cavauro has been here forever and has no reason to lie so i will assume its true because its funnier that way

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If Dave cared he would have changed the name over 30 years ago when Hulk Hogan: Most Charismatic Wrestler In The World, was also Most Overrated.

he's talked about it before and has some dumb reason why he won't change the name that i don't remember. maybe the reason is just because it's always been called most overrated so why change it now.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

"I'm not a big fan of vomit" - dave meltzer 2018

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave: i can lift up michael cole. i ain't tipping over a truck.
bryan: have you tried?
dave: to lift up michael cole? no

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave ripping into percy watson for underselling how great the takeover main event was was really funny

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i didn't notice him so in that regard he was fine

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i think mauro is pretty good outside of his hip references. he really needs to stop with that.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i like the not-mark guy on the show he's chill

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

nah no b&v takeover recap

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

mark: why does stephanie talk like she either smokes 7 packs of pall malls a day or she's like eating lightbulbs back in catering

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah i think he's funny for one podcast and nothing more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave was really funny on the most recent observer radio, insisting that no way jose is jon jones in disguise and telling bryan he won't get mad if he says tournament when referring to wwe's "tag team eliminator"