Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Woof, looking at the timestamps on tonight's WOR. Rough week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Dave confirmed monster by giving Kenta/Yano Negative 1 star.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Does the 2 hour head start mean anything at all? Usually with Raw, hour 3 is the lowest rated

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I'm expecting a star rating for the Dave Meltzer costume in the next observer

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Lol at Dave and Bryan starting off the Tokyo Sports Awards talk by burying Great-O-Khan winning best technique.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

davidbix posted:

I didn't vote for Okada because I knew he'd go in and wanted to save room

He pretty much said anyone who didn't vote for Okada for that exact reason shouldn't be voting.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Where's can one watch that Ospreay vs Oku match? Dave sold the hell out of that match to where I feel like I need to watch it.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Dave's logic on defending AEW not announcing a loving world title match on AEW is faulty as hell. "It's proven to work" WTF? I didn't know there would be a world title match on the show until Hangman Page was walking to the ring, Bryan who's job is covering this didn't know either until he was watching the show. I'm sure tons of people who skipped last night's show weren't aware at all.

Also I think doing an AEW title match with no build just diminishes the title. It should always be something that people look forward to, not on a random episode of Dynamite.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

The match was only okay. You'll see better matches than that most Dynamites. I'll probably have forgotten it by Friday.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Tony or someone should hire/rescue Akki from Gatoh Move. Spending all that time with Mei Suruga can't be good for his mental health

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

" I think Tanahashi & Moxley had the longest staredown in history" -Bryan Alvarez

Oh Bryan

https://twitter.com/CheeZeFX/status/1244566431192297472

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I mean it makes sense, this was his first non wwe match in 10 years so of course it will feel like a wwe match, that's all he knows. Work rate on main roster is pretty good all things considered, it's just the booking that's atrocious.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Sounds like the only thing that's dying is cable

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I hope they spend the first 15 minutes on WOR no selling the news and talk about Maxine Dupri's debut or some poo poo.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I imagine Dave pulled a Vince and tore up whatever plans they had for WOR tonight with Garrett. Gonna be a must listen to tonight.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Finally we will finally have video of Dave looking through his notes. Never thought this day would come.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
22nd October
All Japan Raising An Army Memorial Series Night 2
Triple Crown
Kento Miyahara vs Takao Omori

Probably the last notable singles match Omori will have and it's on his 30th anniversary. 1,000+ turned out in Giant Baba's hometown for this, a rare Triple Crown match outside of Tokyo & they got their money's worth.

Slower than your typical Kento match, with the story that he underestimated Omori as an old geezer who is past it, and eats several Axe Bombers for his hubris. Really good stuff

Sir, this is a Wendy's

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Cartoonish evil is the best kind of heel. Every heel should strive to be 1999 Big Bossman

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I hope twitter is still around, it's said that twitter dying is a precursor to Ragnarok.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

El Generico posted:

This whole WOR felt like "neither of us actually watched the segments we're complaining about". Frustrating.

They did rightfully tear apart the MJF/Regal segment. That was so bad on so many fronts.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

It ruled, MJF laying out Regal was awesome. One of the best moments of the year.

You mean the top heel laying out a former babyface who just turned heel by screwing over the top babyface who we're now supposed to feel sorry for despite the fact just last week the fans were wanting the top babyface to beat the poo poo out of him. All this after a long and boring promo in front of a dead crowd.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Think of how much more sense that segment would have made if Regal didn't screw over Moxley and MJF won with the firm's help. Then with Moxley out of the building, Regal could have confronted MJF alone about taking the easy way out, then MJF could have laid him out. This way everyone is in their proper roles and MJF would get heat for attacking everyone's favorite Brit rather than them expecting us to feel bad that MJF attacked the prick who betrayed Moxley for some reason.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Moxley isn't a first ballot hall of famer, come on now.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Nese will forever have the 205 Live stink on him.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

The thing is Swerve at least has Hit Row on nxt to remember him by. All Tony Nese was in wwe was 205 live.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dave’s issue with Niece is that he’s a boring jobber who belongs on a Fed C-show

205 live

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Well the bloodline storyline has drawn huge ratings and attendance unlike what AEW was doing at the end of the year. Though the peak was at the start of this year and not really to be considered.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

The most questionable voting is Takuma Iroha coming in 4th for rookie of the year. I tilted my head in confusion so far I'm almost broke my neck. That's so questionable it has to be some sort of error.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Wait, the 9 year veteran Takumi Iroha from Marvelous? Who was Artist of Stardom champ way back in 2015? That is bewildering

Which is why I'm thinking that has to be a mistake. It's not even that she appeared in Stardom and people saw her for the first time as she didn't appear in Stardom in 2022.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

MJeff posted:

I'm not subscribed, is Dave coping in his own newsletter that TK won Best Booker and Promoter?

Because TK was both of those things and it's not close. The things the man did on PPV in 2022 were loving insane, he's lapping the field at this point. Paul Levesque is a joke compared to him.

And yet AEW's attendance and ratings are down from where they began the year and wwe's was up. They were competitive near the beginning of the year where Dynamite had a chance to beat Raw some weeks but now they're closer to getting doubled.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Wow a start up company being competitive with the company that had a near monopoly that sounds very impressive.

They were competitive....in 2021 and the beginning of 2022, now not so much.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Dave feeling really generous with the star ratings this week. Give a 5.75 star, a 5 star and a whopping (five!) 4.75 star ratings this week.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1638025852637286400

There's so much that's funny here.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

From WON

quote:

Dave Bautista is doing a Netflix stand-up comedy special noting that he’s never done stand-up comedy before

Dave.....that was an April Fools joke.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

All the star ratings from the week.

quote:

AEW Rampage, 31/3
Guevara vs. Takeshita: 3.5

AEW Dynamite, 5/4
Best Friends vs. House of Black: 3.5
Hayter vs. Riho: 3.5
Guevara vs. Komander: 3.5
FTR vs. Gunns: 4

ROH Supercard of Honor
Cobb vs. Williams: 2
Takeshita vs. Willie Mack: 2.75
Alize vs. Nightingale: 2.25
Grayson vs. Slim J: 2.25
Komander vs. Vikingo: 4.75
Christian, Fox & Metalik vs. The Embassy: 3.25
Athena vs. Sakazaki: 3.25
Mark Briscoe vs. Samoa Joe: 4
Garcia vs. Tanahashi: 3.25
Reach for the Sky Ladder match: 4.75
Shibata vs. Yuta: 3.5
Castagnoli vs. Kingston: 4.5

WWE SmackDown, 31/3
Erik vs. Ford vs. Gable vs. Ricochet: 3.5

WWE NXT Stand & Deliver
Chase U & Tyler Bate vs. The Schism: 2.5
Women’s Title Ladder match: 3.5
Creed Brothers vs. Gallus vs. The Family: 1.75
NA Title 5-way: 4.5
Gargano vs. Waller: 4.25
Dawn & Fire vs. Henley & James: 1.5
Breakker vs. Hayes: 3.25

WWE WrestleMania 39, Saturday
Cena vs. Theory: 2.25
Men’s 4-way Tag: 3.75
Paul vs. Rollins: 4.5
Damage CTRL vs. Lita, Lynch & Stratus: 2.75
Dominik vs. Rey: 4
Flair vs. Ripley: 4.75
McAfee vs. Miz: 1.5
Owens & Zayn vs. The Usos: 5

WWE WrestleMania 39, Sunday
Lesnar vs. Omos: 3
Women’s 4-way Tag: 2.5
Gunther vs. McIntyre vs. Sheamus: 5
Asuka vs. Belair: 3.75
Miz vs. Snoop Dogg: 1
Bálor vs. Edge: 3.75
Reigns vs. Rhodes: 4.5

WWE Raw, 3/4
Owens & Zayn vs. Street Profits: 3.5

WWE NXT, 4/4
Frazer vs. Lee: 4

NJPW Road to Sakura Genesis, Night 2
Henare vs. Takagi: 5.25

WrestleCon Mark Hitchcock Memorial Show
Komander vs. Taurus vs. Vikingo: 4.75

GCW Joey Janela’s Spring Break
Bailey vs. Vikingo: 4.5

GCW Gringo Loco’s The Wrld on Lucha
Laredo Kid vs. Vikingo: 4.5

RevPro Revolution Rumble
Oku vs. Sabre: 4.25

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, what? Guess I better catch up on WOR!

Wasn't he supposed to be the headliner for AEW's new show :psyduck:

Yeah crazy story. Was briefly backstage at Raw before they kicked him out. Have no idea what he was thinking.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Apparently Bix has no idea what a hate crime is.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

Dave on WOR "CM Punk kept saying he wanted to do the G1. Now he can. Let's see if he does."

He's gonna eat his words when CM Punk wins next year's G1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1702095218575876600?t=ytAyGgEn82BGsWnNribBdg&s=19

Is Dave suggesting that people email him their credit card number? The gently caress?