Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Dango Bango posted:

What the gently caress was Dave's "well I guess they want women kissing on the show" comment

He literally does not give a poo poo and doesn’t actually investigate anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Incessant Excess posted:

dave dedicated four paragraphs to the ospreay promo and, tho clearly torn, ultimately sided with him over triple h

He was not even close to clearly torn and I’m baffled that’s the conclusion you reached.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Cavauro posted:

why was uso match so horrible? that's way worse than i thought when i heard him say this match sucked a bunch of times

You know what fedpilled brains say Young Bucks matches are on Twitter? The Uso match was literally that.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Dave Meltzer hasn’t done his taxes yet

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Quantum of Phallus posted:

D&B arguing over whether or not Deanna Purazzo has any heat was the most heated i've heard them in ages, so funny

I’m genuinely upset that I agree with Bryan about Deonna.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tony when the overnights come in 😔

I thoroughly enjoy this comment

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
So that’s why no WOR this morning?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Kennel posted:

Dave was still considering doing it during the previous show. :v:

He’s so weird lol

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

So I'm finally listening to the Trish and Sarah Podcast that was linked regarding Punk and my immediate thoughts are that these two are so good at this in ways 99% of wrestling podcasters just aren't, and that there was so much to the Punk situation (like losing the ESPN coverage?! Holy poo poo) that I had no idea about. It's a great listen. This is an easy sub. There's so much knowledge and clear professionalism and research that is coming out in what they're saying. It's refreshing.

Just listened and it’s AMAZING. Easy sub for me.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Ok not a podcast per se but I’m watching the Harley Race episode of Dark Side of the Ring and all these stories are complete bullshit, right?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Oh good Collision and Rampage announced matches for Dynamite now Alvarez can shut up

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I’m confused by Dave’s complaints about Collision’s first 30 minutes.

It was Swerve cutting a promo, setting up a main event, a recap of a major angle with the bucks and Jack Perry, and a high octane six man tag showing the kind of wrestling you’ll see in AEW.

And Dave is like “I’m in disbelief, this was their chance to show a new audience AEW and they wasted the first 30 minutes.”

Am I just stupid? Do I not understand the wrestling business? It seemed like a very solid first 30 minutes to me.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
This is going to be Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer in like 2 months:

Bryan: “so in the main event for the AEW world title, it was Swerve vs Rush, and there was a SPAWT on the END where Rush tried his drop kick in the corner! Swerve dodges it, Rush falls, and Swerve leaps to the top rope and does the stomp, and then 1….2….and I’m thinking wait why isn’t Rush kicking out….3.”

Dave: “yep”

Bryan: “He PINNED Rush! PINNED him. In the MIDDLE OF THE RING. They built up Rush for WEEKS and then just…he gets PINNED!!!!!??? IF RUSH WAS GOING TO BE BUILT UP FOR WEEKS, WHY DID YOU PIN HIM??? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME???”

Dave: “I-i-i actually know the answer to this!”

Bryan: “WHAT. WHAT WAS THE REASON”

Dave: “they wanted Swerve to go over.”

Bryan: “THEN WHY DID HE HAVE A MATCH!??”

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

sleepwalkers posted:

writing fanfic about how you're going to get mad at a guy is extremely cool

We were discussing Bryan’s stretching of the credibility of his criticisms so I thought I’d add that for some color. :frogbon:

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

super macho dude posted:

Lol imagining the mental gymnastics it takes to try to think of a reason why Alvarez doesn't understand AEW booking and not just realizing he's a loving moron

I just think they are being overly critical so that they can point to it all whenever smoothbrains on Twitter say that they’re in the tank for AEW. (Which of course doesn’t matter because the smoothbrains are all trolls and don’t actually believe what they are tweeting.)

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Edge & Christian posted:

That said, they spent a good amount of time today talking about how the Wrestlemania Season shine is fading,

Doesn’t WWE business always cool down from like April to June? Like, for the last 30-40 years it’s been like that?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Swerve’s promo was good

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Well I mean the draft is not drawing because everyone knows it’s pointless and everyone appears wherever and people have caught on.

They don’t need split rosters anymore. They have competition again. Just end it.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Shard posted:

Punk should never have been the world champion

He was their top draw and biggest star. He's a moron and a liar and a jerk but I completely understand why they made him world champion.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Punk is a great promo and I think he’s on steroids now because he’s very muscular these days

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Dave elaborated on WOR saying HHH privately contacted Sapp and PWInsider to apologize, talked about how this is just the reporter/company game and everyone knows how it works, HHH likely won’t publicly apologize, and that it’s nothing new. He then talked about how when WWF was losing to WCW and business was down, Vince and WWF officials were overwhelmingly kind to him and then stopped being kind to him when they got back on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

TelevisedInsanity posted:

May 12th Wrestling Observer Radio is really heated, but not a Bryan v Dave debate, but rather a media journalist vs essentially content creator category, because, of all things, people who sing Seth Rollins theme in the press box, and those that go to the press conferences to not ask actual questions, and instead put themselves over.

I might be reading too much into this, but this sounded like Denise or some of the YouTube channels

I doubt they mean Denise. I hope they don’t. She seems so wholesome!