Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

No rating for Brody/Cope? Odd, I thought that was better than Trent/OC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Five stars for Cody and AJ :eyepop:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dave's scale is broken lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not seeing any problems

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Leads wwe into a boom period, main events the most successful WrestleMania ever, ends the longest title reign of the modern era, earns 5 stars in his first title defense. Everything coming up Cody

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Dave must've been in a great mood watching that backlash show.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

No rating for Brody/Cope? Odd, I thought that was better than Trent/OC.

i thought it was the clear match of the night, pretty strange. i wonder if he wrote his report mid-show or somethin

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

mooseinfants posted:

Dave must've been in a great mood watching that backlash show.

AaaaaAhh the french, y'know, ple's are noted for their excellence

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

lomzus posted:

WWE Raw, 6/5

lomzus posted:

AEW Dynamite, 8/5

Wow, both these shows must have been incredible!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dango Bango posted:

Dave's scale is broken lmao

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1789101353794461922

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

is dave the only one that didn't get a cheese board apology

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think he just gave the match 5 stars because the crowd was really hot for it and he talks about how that influences him a lot.

Edit: like I think it's a dumb rating but if anything hits ratings have become more objective and the "5 star WWE match" is a thing.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 11, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

is dave the only one that didn't get a cheese board apology

cheese would get in the way of his gains

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

STING 64 posted:

cheese would get in the way of his gains

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Wow, both these shows must have been incredible!

lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dave lost all his gains when he started paying attention to raw again instead of using the 3 hours to rearrange his stacks of paper

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Like his ex-wife, the weights no longer speak to him

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Would Alvarez want a cheese platter? I heard he's more of a Brazilian Steakhouse guy though

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

a CHEESE platter?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

History Comes Inside! posted:

a CHEESE platter?!

Bryan: Those dopes at the Cheese Store kept getting my order wrong, one time they even gave me cheese with some mold on it! I buy $500 worth of cheese from them every month so they should be able to get this straight!
Vinny: $500!?! What kind of cheese are you buying?
Bryan: It's a special French vintage from a company called Chez D'ar

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Would Alvarez want a cheese platter? I heard he's more of a Brazilian Steakhouse guy though

He wants apple juice

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1789290156148871596

OMG, that second question asked

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

answer the second question dave

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Big fan of the Hair Bear Bunch

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Brazilian Steakhouses have great cheese selection.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
May 12th Wrestling Observer Radio is really heated, but not a Bryan v Dave debate, but rather a media journalist vs essentially content creator category, because, of all things, people who sing Seth Rollins theme in the press box, and those that go to the press conferences to not ask actual questions, and instead put themselves over.

I might be reading too much into this, but this sounded like Denise or some of the YouTube channels

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

answer the second question dave

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

May 12th Wrestling Observer Radio is really heated, but not a Bryan v Dave debate, but rather a media journalist vs essentially content creator category, because, of all things, people who sing Seth Rollins theme in the press box, and those that go to the press conferences to not ask actual questions, and instead put themselves over.

I might be reading too much into this, but this sounded like Denise or some of the YouTube channels

I doubt they mean Denise. I hope they don’t. She seems so wholesome!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's about WrestleJoy.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Denise does work for them so I doubt it's her, but there's no shortage of other people it could be.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Following WWE Backlash 2005 where Batista defeated Triple H to retain his WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Eric Bischoff made a new tournament to crown a number one contender for the title. This is the Gold Rush Tournament. It was a mystery on who was facing. One wrestler would make their entrance and then find out who they were facing right in that ring. This features one of the best superkicks of all time by Shawn Michaels. It is the one where Shelton Benjamin does a springboard and eats a Sweet Chin Music right to the jaw. It really is something you have to see. The tournament also features Kane vs Christian, Edge vs Jericho, and Triple H vs Chris Benoit. Plus, fallout from backlash where Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels teamed for the very first time against Muhammad Hassan and Daivari!

Hogan is back! More lies incoming! Timely slop! Hooray!

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Following WWE Backlash 2005 where Batista defeated Triple H to retain his WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Eric Bischoff made a new tournament to crown a number one contender for the title. This is the Gold Rush Tournament. It was a mystery on who was facing. One wrestler would make their entrance and then find out who they were facing right in that ring. This features one of the best superkicks of all time by Shawn Michaels. It is the one where Shelton Benjamin does a springboard and eats a Sweet Chin Music right to the jaw. It really is something you have to see. The tournament also features Kane vs Christian, Edge vs Jericho, and Triple H vs Chris Benoit. Plus, fallout from backlash where Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels teamed for the very first time against Muhammad Hassan and Daivari!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The popular deadlock podcast

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

congratulations to Suplex Liberace for breaking James and Johnny with one line

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

two for two baby

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

congratulations to Suplex Liberace for breaking James and Johnny with one line
what is the cat doing? Not enough people are asking this question.

Also laughed heartily at the CM Punk story from the Observer segment. Perhaps with the foresight of stories like that one we could have predicted Punk's violent meltdown during his AEW run.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Started out loud laughing at $1bn a year in merch sales

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

the sex ghost posted:

Started out loud laughing at $1bn a year in merch sales

In 1988, near the end of Hogan’s mega run, a little rinky dink organization called the national football league finally made as much revenue as hulk hogan figures

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ToiletofSadness posted:

what is the cat doing? Not enough people are asking this question.

Also laughed heartily at the CM Punk story from the Observer segment. Perhaps with the foresight of stories like that one we could have predicted Punk's violent meltdown during his AEW run.

was that green latern fan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

lomzus posted:

WWE Backlash

Kevin Owens & Randy Orton vs. Solo Sikoa & Tama Tonga: 4.75

Bayley vs. Naomi vs. Tiffany Stratton: 4.5

Damian Priest vs. Jey Uso: 3.5

Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill vs. Kabuki Warriors: 3

AJ Styles vs. Cody Rhodes: 5

WWE Raw, 6/5

Ilja Dragunov vs. Ricochet: 4.5

Gunther vs. Sheamus: 4.25

CMLL Super Viernes, 3/5

Angel de Oro, Flip Gordon & Niebla Roja vs. Máscara Dorada, Místico & Templario: 4.5

AEW Dynamite, 8/5

Orange Cassidy vs. Trent Beretta: 3.5

As someone who doesn't follow wrestling news much, seeing Tama in WWE and then misreading this and thinking Angel de Oro did a match on Raw had me very confused.