Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I still don't understand why the wor feed is pro wrestling, MMA, and UFOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

who started the wrestling media hall of fame.

Scott Keith

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Kenny's voice is beautiful. He should stop wrestling and do WOL.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I fell in love with Fumi from his first enthusiastic hello

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer is back with tons to talk about including RAW from Monday night, the build to Stomping Grounds, a Kota Ibushi update, AEW, Ric Flair being sued, mailbag questions and tons more. A fun show as always so check it out~!

* duration: 50:51

* Published: 11/06/2019 09:52:06

* Episode Download link (47 MB): https://www.f4wradio.com/podcast/061119wol.mp3

* Episode feed: F4daily - http://www.f4wonline.com/feed/f4wdaily.rss

EDIT: That link looks wrong, but my RSS downloaded it okay :confused:

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

alvarez getting the name of his own book wrong really boils my piss. he did it on observer radio the other night and keeps doing it on twitter.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1148660897432268800?s=21

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1125512244618452992?s=21

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1146131971598237698?s=21

it's clearly "know & do". i bet this attention to detail carries across into the actual book.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I usually skip over granny these days, but she said something funny that caused like 30 seconds of dead air while B&V composed themselves. What was all that about?

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Dave copy and pastes from Wreddit, which copy and pastes from Dave, who copy and....

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

This week's Observer felt very light compared to usual. Not enough scooping for my liking, and an irritatingly long and daft Cornette story.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

This paragraph from Dave's obituary of Mr. Wrestling 2 took me by surprise. It's not like he even dwells on it or reflects at all, just moves straight onto Two's sumo career.

quote:

He had a gang rape accusation on July 9, 1953. The alleged incident, involving a 15-year-old girl, took place at Sandy Beach on the South Shore of Oahu. Newspaper reports from the time list John Frances Walker, a gas station attendant at a Waikiki service station, being one of nine men involved a gang rape. It was a bad crowd he was hanging with, and something long forgotten about. Walker was arrested only for this rape, but four of the nine men were charged with another rape four days earlier of a 14-year-old and two others in rapes of two other teenage girls earlier the same day on Sandy Beach.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Bryan said gently caress on WOL, while getting excited about Earthquake.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

collocation posted:

No, I could be your father, but I prefer to throw in less formal verbal tics to deescalate the seriousness of a conversation, both in person and online.

Are you, like, a dick?

I enjoyed this post and am quoting it to enjoy all over again.

On the podcast front, I love WOR when Dave's super excited about an anniversary to the point that Bryan can't even finish saying the date. Today's is a genre classic.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

There's a lot of effort gone into that thread and I can't help but feel it would have been better spent elsewhere.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

It's unlike WSAENOTSOCK to make something up to attack someone they don't like. And to do it with an air of sneery sarcasm.

Edit: this was over the top and not very constructive. Apologies.

Genericide fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 18, 2020

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I liked it when MJF buried Sempervive.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

And then Jim Valley verbally destroyed Bryan.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

This week's DragonKingKarl Show is not family friendly. Sorry, but sometimes I need to say something with an exclamation point.

I've been around F4W Online before Dave Meltzer even arrive
d and now, we have a johnny-come-lately who has been passively aggressively messing with me for some time. After his latest little jab, I ain't taking it any more. This show will either make the Best of 2021 or get me disappeared from over here

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

Timestamps:
Start: Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega thoughts
3:36: Superstar Billy Graham hospitalized
4:33: NXT, Raw ratings, thoughts on new NXT
12:58: Raw notes on three-way main event, Nia Jax, Gran Metalik asks for release
20:15: Upcoming G1 shows
24:17: Rampage spoilers
26:44: Dymamite Grand Slam recap
48:00: More Rampage spoilers
52:58: Miesha Tate out of UFC fight due to COVID, UFC this weekend
55:27: NXT recap

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

It feels like Ratings Chat is taking over WOR more and more, particularly over the last couple of months. Just Dave reeling off this interminable list of stats for ten minutes every episode. Brutal content.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

It is but he should really use a system that doesn't allow it then.

Like what?

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Don't think I've seen this angle of Dave's grotto before

https://twitter.com/roheblius/status/1508222537339072514?t=Ow_yscD2jhrGFcsZ3vbhew&s=19

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1518095594681556992?t=ip_BRaTbBvbSEReuiabpJw&s=19

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

A worked Santa Claus

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

What are you talking about

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Semp and Craig

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

What's the timestamp for red five?

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Bryan should never leave us again

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Thanks Bix, I've cancelled my Observer sub, blocked Dave on Twitter, and I'll call him a nob at the next PWG show.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I feel privileged when I get to read a Dave sentence that stops midway because he got distracted and did something else.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

RSS 4 lyfe

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Supreme B&V content, up there with the worst of WCW already

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Just the other day he was moaning about how he missed the first fall in the FTR and Bullet Club title match. Someone took a bump out of the ring, he assumed it was a "and Raw rolls on" situation and just skipped ahead. Not a smart man. Life pressures are zapping his wrestling times and he's definitely half-arsing both the watching and the discussion.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Cannot wait for Bryan's adventures in London

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Yikesaroo

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Big mask off moment for bix

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Red five crew

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Dave's obituary of Terry Funk is, as always, beautifully written. The quotes from Mick Foley almost ended me.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I love that one Observer he wrote on the plane to Japan, the Story of Dave Meltzer. Genuinely nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

Bret Hart wrote this about the book: “First of all, congratulations on perhaps one of the most truthful and enjoyable reads about my profession ever. I absolutely loved this book. It was beautifully written and often brought a big smile as I read it. The last chapters brought tears to my eyes too. I can say honestly that although I respected all six of the wrestlers you wrote about, like most wrestlers, we only know the wrestler side of them. You brought out the truth and in many ways a deeper appreciation for my old friends. . . Most wrestling books are garbage and I’ll be happy to recommend your book as one of the very best and place it right besides Mick Foley’s and mine.”

Loved this quote from Bret in the Observer about a new book coming out. The last two words are perfection