Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

N: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPjqAADShE4
Rest in peace, Florida.

V: Bless his heart, and a nice season so far with the U, but it says much for Richt Era PTSD that I was absolutely sure the Dawgs were gonna blow it when it was 21-0. Then Georgia's defense reminded me that, nah, we cool.

V2: This is a particularly unlikeable Florida team, from its smack-talking, chippy players, to its bucktoothed weirdo coach. Whole thing's a mess. I assume McElwain's detonated himself and got himself fired with cause because of the whoopsy-daisy-not-really-death-threats, so if we're living in a world where he's gone and Butch Jones remains, uh

V3: Muschamp's gonna be UGA's best test in a while, no really, so the team better be ready to bring the wood next week. Fromm might have to complete more than 4 passes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

There’s still a South Carolina that’s gaining momentum, a semi-competent Kentucky, and Auburn left for Georgia (Georgia Tech too but they suck). Auburn is likely their last test before Judgment Day in Atlanta, but the other two SEC games are not to be taken lightly. Kirby seems to have fixed the problem Georgia’s had with sleepwalking into games though so I’m feeling pretty confident.

Kentucky and South Carolina are both better than Florida/Tennessee/Vanderbilt. Long way to go, yeah.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

been almost ten years I think since Georgia's gotten a first-place vote in the AP poll

UGA finished '07 with 3 first place votes in the AP poll. Started 2008 at #1, were immediately bumped down to 2 (with some first place votes), then 3, then the Bama Blackout happened.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Not that it matters other than "wow, this season really came out of nowhere," but I think UGA's gonna be #1 tonight. Right in time for Muschamp to do a 2014-on-Roids to us this Saturday.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

What were realistic Georgia expectations before the season? I thought you guys looked like you were building in the right direction last year, but I wasn't expecting a full on championship run from you guys in the near future. Even after you shut us out at Neyland I just figured that was more about us sucking than anything else until you kept winning.

I thought UGA would go an artful, watchable 8-4 (I mean, they still can, but) and 2018 would be the monster year.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

vikingstrike posted:

Since 2010, away games versus top 25 times at the time of play:

2010 (0-2)
#24 South Carolina L 17-6
#2 Auburn L 49-31

2011 (1-0)
#23 Georgia Tech W 31-17

2012 (0-1)
#6 South Carolina L 35-7

2013 (0-2)
#8 Clemson L 38-35
#7 Auburn L 43-38

2014 (1-1)
#24 South Carolina L 38-35
#23 Missouri W 34-0

2015 (0-0)
None

Total record of 2-6. 14-23 against all ranked teams over last 8 years of tenure at UGA. What am I missing? I'm assuming watching almost every game of his career at UGA is working against me here, based on your comment.

Just for yucks...

2001 (2-0)
#6 Tennessee 26-24
#21 Georgia Tech 31-17

2002 (2-0)
#22 Alabama 27-25
#24 Auburn 24-21

2003 (1-1)
#11 LSU 10-17 (this was Richt's first true road loss entirely at UGA)
#13 Tennessee 41-14

2004 (0-1)
#3 Auburn 6-24

2005 (2-0)
#8 Tennessee 27-14
#20 Georgia Tech 14-7

2006 (1-0)
#5 Auburn 37-15

2007 (1-0)
#16 Alabama 26-23 (OT)

2008 (1-0)
#11 LSU 52-38

2009 (1-1)
#9 Oklahoma State 10-24
#7 Georgia Tech 34-27

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MourningView posted:

That Dooley title was pretty lucky anyway, both in that a freshman came out of nowhere to have one of the best seasons of all time and the SEC was pretty awful that year. I think Notre Dame in the bowl game was the only game they played against a team that finished in the final AP poll.

1980 UGA was, like, the 2002 Ohio State of that era.

Everyone remembers Herschel running on UT, but no one remembers it was a 1-score win over an unranked team that went 5-6.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

IIRC – and I was pretty drunk, admittedly – Florida had Zaire warming up early in the WLOCP, but never went to him even as Franks kept getting killed. Finally pulled the trigger late in the game when no one cared anymore. Weird.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Georgia does the Krypton Theme and last season added "everyone turns their cell phone light on" and it's rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Vol For Life Coordinator (uh...?) resigns, blasts Butch

quote:

Former Vol Antone Davis said he submitted his letter of resignation Oct. 31 as VFL coordinator after six years because he endured “constant intimidation, bullying and mental abuse’’ from Tennessee coach Butch Jones.

Davis said that working under Jones “has been one of the worst work experiences I have ever had.’’

• Locked thread