Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WILD

CATS

BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

2 consecutive overtime wins for the cats

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Lookit deadeyes there with the 15" bar chainsaw lmao.

THAT'S ONE-TIME NCAA ALL-TIME TACKLES LEADER TIM MCGARIGLE

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

halfback TD passes all day
https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/s...estern-up-17-10

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

So, Sparty's gonna get their teeth kicked in the next two weeks :smith: I just hope the passing game is a little less hosed going forward after that last drive and OTs. NW keyed in on the run and without being able to make a couple passes the offense is completely anemic.

MSU's anemic passing game literally broke the team record for passing yards

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Football is a dumb sport and I hate it

actually it owns and is good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how is baylor even still allowed to have sports teams

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

MSU game was of course disappointing but not really worth getting glum about after last year. It’s not like we were really contending for the conference already and the team is super young. Most on brand thing would be to beat Ohio State or Penn State and then lose to Maryland.

Lewerke must’ve gotten all his passing yards on the first drive and the last two drives+3OT. He was missing guys deep all day and throwing short and medium passes at guys’ knees or into the dirt. He also should’ve thrown at least two picks in regulation and that game ending pick is entirely on him. Throwing a jump ball across your body on second down? Come the gently caress on dude.

Defense looked awful most of the day. It feels miraculous that they only gave up 17 in regulation. By OT they were completely gassed and embarrassed.

Walking through Evanston it felt like about 60% MSU fans but in the stadium it was about 50/50. Northwestern fans are very nice and there were a lot of people that came together representing both schools. The guy in front of me kept going “RAWR RAWR RAWR” and it was really cringeworthy. I’d feel better about the loss if it hadn’t been loving cold as hell all day.

please don't rawrshame

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

That loving wildcat foley sound (which I think is actually a tiger) was driving me nuts.

Also lol at the guy who skydives in with an American flag during the anthem that they just leave on the ground.

at least this time he wasn't near the red fireworks that shoot up, i swear they've come close to hitting that guy a few times

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

nobody let any big ten teams wear all-grey alternate uniforms ever again

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking of these atrocities

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OH poo poo IT'S A NORTHWESTERN PURDUE NIGHT GAME, BABY

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's not going to happen because northwestern can't keep winning games like this and they're due to get owned by a slightly shitter Big Ten West team, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that they could win out @NEB MIN PUR (NIGHT GAME!) @HAT

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Playoff consisting of Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Penn State

who do you root for

you ignore the idiotic football playoff and root for the Mighty Northwestern Wildcat to win football's greatest prize, the Foster Farms Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they should go with Eastern Promises

• Locked thread