Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I got like 1/4 of a single candy for winning a Diretide match, yikes.

How long did the match take? I bet it's time gated to encourage you to spend money.

Edit: Actually can you even buy candy with real money? Maybe it's just a horrible grind because Valve hates you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Sab669 posted:

I've seen people say Mageslayer is really good, a Break to disable his Shard and I guess just any anti-heal tech for the Bloodstone but I really haven't found a way to beat it in my pubs :sigh:
Like if they're an actual Razor player and not just picking the FOTM then it's real hard.

I also heard Drow is a good counter to Razor since her shard gives early heal reduction and you can straight up kill him if he's not draining you or you get ahead item wise.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Ouroboros posted:

I just started playing hoodwink, enjoying it but is there a way to hotkey the acorn shot to do the tree planting version on demand? Right clicking the button on and off is extremely not cool, and when I try to target the ground I always gently caress up and target a hero instead and whiff my bushwhack.

How does her acorn shot interact with quickcast? Maybe that'll give the functionality you want if you set a separate button for that.

Ctrl ability also toggles on/off the ground target vs hero target as well.

Personally I leave it always ground target after a certain point since losing 1 bounce of damage is less important then hitting the stun.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Techies made people mad because he changed how you play DoTA. Sometimes people want to play DoTA and not play "How to beat Techies".

The rework changed him so you don't need to play "How to beat Techies" anymore. I'm glad I don't have to play that game again. v:shobon:v

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Quelling blade is only 100g now and you can literally chop down all the trees near lane before the game starts.

It's hilarious to see the tree get to lane and realize he's a slow, low armor melee with nowhere to hide.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

They nerfed a lot of the overpowered shards in the patch. It's still kind of sucks though that we're only getting 7.32e and not the full 7.33 after all that build up.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I don't understand what Muerta's scepter is supposed to do. You just shoot an enemy and you have 4 seconds to kill them for free with 50% damage reduction? So basically it's a Beastmaster roar you spend 4.2k gold on?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

That is incredible. Dota is truly the greatest game of all time.

Edit: Doesn't this mean you can do this to enemy heroes too? Just grab with Primal, drop them off in your fountain and cancel his ulti so they don't get moved back.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

Saying this is a Medusa patch might be understating it a little...

Lol, where are those stats from? I checked dota2protracker myself, and Medusa has a greater then 50% winrate at 1/4/5 but lower at 2/3. Medusa patch indeed.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

If you have questions about which items to buy, this website is very useful:

https://dota2protracker.com/

It can show common items for heroes across different roles and you can see skill builds too. Obviously you need to understand a little bit about the game to see why they build skills or buy which items but you can ask here.

Edit: You can also sort by high MMR only and all MMR. Make sure to look primarily at high MMR lol.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Not sure if this even qualifies as "Fundamentals", but I guess is there a good video out there for learning more about like lane equilibrium and what I should be doing as a support? I find more and more when I play 4/5 I've been getting flamed for "ruining the lane" or whatever and I genuinely have no idea what I'm supposedly doing wrong. A significant chunk of my DOTA time was logged like pre-2017 (really pre-2015 even) and I feel like the game has just evolved beyond how I know to play DOTA.

BSJ has a bunch of good videos where he breaks down and explains fundamentals. He's mainly a carry player but he has a lot of good insight into how the support should play as well. The coached games videos are very good too since he goes over a lot of different skill levels and more mid/late game stuff too.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Invoker is a very popular and strong 4 atm. If you're new, I highly recommend giving him a try. Just don't look up anything and go in completely blind, it'll be a lot of fun.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Superrodan posted:

Nobody posted this yet (the 0 minute strat to kill the entire enemy if they don't leave their fountain quick enough), so hopefully it's new to you guys. I thought it was really silly in only a way that Dota can be sometimes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/186lat6/shadow_demonnatures_prophetdazzle_ultra_kill_5/

Do people start with the anti-fountain camping immunity at the beginning of the game? If not, they'll probably put it in to avoid this sort of thing.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I think it's really funny that Viper's 25 talent just turns him into a Universal hero. It's definitely a big buff but there's 32 other heroes who have that at level 1.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Remember 5 man chronos don't need to be enemy heroes.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Super-NintendoUser posted:

WK and Pudge fed so much I was top level, and top networth the entire game, but we just couldn't win. I pushed like mad and kept split pushing (I got 25 around 35min). The rest of my team just fed and fed over and over until Slark caught up.

If you were #1 networth and didn't come to teamfights while split pushing, your team is fighting without their most powerful hero and should expect to lose. The tradeoff is you need to take an objective. So if you weren't taking objectives during your splitpush then you're basically just causing your team to lose teamfights 4v5.

And if they're losing 4v4, then you need to kill whoever came to stop your push or just leave and make the teamfight 5v4 in your favor because the enemy hero can't rejoin.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

This is the type of chrono every Faceless should be trying to hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm006gWBqOM

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

flashman posted:

POs 5 mid is the tiltiest poo poo

That actually got me upset a couple of days ago. I was queuing with 2 friends, so it was three of us and a two stack.

The game loads and we put our markers on the map, calling 1, 4, and 5. Then with like 1 second to go, one of the other people asks us to play mid basically after we locked in our heroes.

So we end up with a mid Venge vs Viper and their 3/4 lane combo was Pudge/Centaur. That game was over in like 20 minutes.

Just put your markers on and talk sooner. I guess it's our fault for not queuing ranked but still irritating.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Here's my advice for playing support Tiny:

Don't throw enemy initiators into your teammates. Such heroes include: Tidehunter, Magnus, Faceless Void, Bristleback, and others.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Yeah I dunno if it's the same Heralds that beat the solo Immortal, but these guys had a very poor strategic game plan. Also very bad hero picks too considering they had to remake the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

Just buy a force staff.

That's the cowards way out. Buy a blademail instead.

Buy the force staff because you can save other people too.