Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Are mangos good now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I only played HotS for when I wanted a 20-minute game instead of a 57th minute abandon. Hopefully -em will give me this, and more.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

broodmother no longer going invis is an interesting change

What are Black Baby Goku's thoughts on-- :(

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

Venge getting finger of death at 25 is a pretty good one

Do people pick that over a bkb-piercing stun?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

No thanks.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Just play turbo.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Luckily the chance of that happening on the other team is higher than the chance it happens on your team.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

lohli posted:

Would a refresher be worth it to be able to make someone extremely upset by banishing them for 17 seconds?

Yes.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Radical posted:

dota2 is probably heading towards csgo territory where the playerbase shrinks a bit but stays pretty consistent at some point, getting a nice bump when a new patch comes out. league also seems to have lost a decent amount of players so i guess everyone is just playing pubg now? idk.

I agree with this assessment and feel that a few hundred thousand active players will be more than enough to keep the game alive.

Maybe one day they'll give us a concede option and stop splitting party/solo MMR.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 4, 2017

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

There was a reason to play dota2?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

When a game is 15-0 by 15 minutes, I don't typically feel a need to play anymore.

I abandoned a game recently where my safe lane PA went brow boots>mkb>bot>butterfly and at this point, the other team has 3 mkbs but they were refusing to push. There's no consequence for abandoning a game occasionally, may as well use it.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Why do people still reply to JPJ?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I cared more about buying cosmetics when I occasionally got them got them for free than I do now. Next year I probably won't even do TI.

TI drops can freeroll future compendiums :eng101:

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Nichael posted:

Another game where a guy has a meltdown over Dota 2, and told our carry to kill himself on the mic.

I think that's a little bit of an exaggerated response for losing a video game but what do I know.

People certainly suck, but I also recommend muting folks at the first sign of being a jerk. Whole team muted? Time to put on a podcast.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

You're mad because people want to slampick safelane before you get to slampick safelane?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Especially now that half the support heroes have hilariously good level 25 talents that turn them into semicarries.

As a support main I'd still rather my games end well before reaching level 25.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I played a ranked game and lost and at the end got promoted to a level like 1000 MMR higher than what I was because of a bug or something. I am still queuing at the same MMR but now I have some sick rear end medal. Thanks for reading my story.

My solo MMR came out over 1200 ahead of my party MMR. In conclusion, I'm a bad teammate.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Solar crest and atos and both great, too.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

He’s a victim of how bad off lane is now. Leaving the early game with no cs but no deaths is now the goal of any of those off lane melee heroes now, it seems.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Kawabata posted:

is there any dota 2 pro/big streamer nowadays that isn't a loving mongoloid alt right racist

There’s some level of irony in using a racist term to describe how you’re sick of racist streamers.

Minorkos posted:

"No cs no deaths" is a terrible, terrible goal for an offlane. You get 25% XP from denies, and you'll most likely also get zoned a bit so you'll be getting even less XP than that. Essentially, if you concede the lane like that and don't even try to contest last hits, you are going to be less farmed than a pos 5 support, and the enemy carry is going to get insanely farmed. The offlane's job isn't to be some inanimate, AFK rock that sits under the tower while slowly working towards level 2. As offlane, you're supposed to contest the lane and force the enemy team to react to you. Sometimes this means you have to die a couple of times in lane, and that's honestly completely okay even if your 3k teammates don't think so. If you can force 2 supports to deal with you while also screwing up the carry's last hits, while also getting farm yourself, the few 200 gold deaths you feed to the carry aren't going to mean much in the grand scheme of things, especially if the carry has to miss out on creep last hits to kill you.

Yes, there’s more nuance beyond 0cs/0death, thanks true. Keeping the trilane engaged is certainly an important aspect of the offlane.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Smythe posted:

i see a lot of ppl doing this long rear end pull in my sewer tier games now

This is the first time I've heard of that pull :(

Edit: v I saw a video of it and edited, but thanks for the explanation! v

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 3, 2018

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I get my friend to pick AA and he ults Huskarr every time he tries to do anything.

Playing AA is the most fun against heroes that buy armlets.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

The biggest own is learning that people go on IRC still.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Is Ready Check going to be separate from the queue starting? Seems silly to not just have it run like PUBG.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Lars or Cent.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

At this point, I'm not sure why they don't just make the courier free and there by default.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iC0YXspJRM

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm in favor of any change to Dota that stops 1 hour+ nightmare games from happening.

You get around one abandon a week.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Was it actually tcjimbo who did that? I heard that in HotS he is permanently chat-muted.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Wangsbig posted:

league's good actually, a much better game than dota 2. i gave up irony long ago so know that these are true words from a healthy, working brain

Why would the OP ever lie to us??

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

BigLeafyTree posted:

Dota is okay

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/10/17/18/aspiring-senator-wants-to-ban-dota

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

schmitty9800 posted:

This is the main Dota thread but there just isn't much to say about the direct pub experience. The good players are sick of talking about it, the bad players like me aren't very qualified to give advice, and there aren't a lot of new players.

Most SA Dota channels dried up as goons quit or found friends/regulars to play with. It used to be that you'd kill for a goon stack even with massive skill differences because it'd be the only time you'd get willing supports. I think most people find that enough now with their own stacks or in pubs.

I also think that the new dota2 interface killed the in-game chat channel that people used to find games.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Or new Heroes lol.

And RE: "Just have fun" - I've been trying real hard not to get salty, but holy crap last night me and my 2 buddies got paired up with two randoms who went Viper/Drow offlane and fed 20+ kills together. Tinker mid was unable to gank, I was Enigma in the Jungle (tbf I did loving awful because I forgot how to Jungle enigma) and then bot lane was.... something else that sucks at rotating. The two of them literally never once used their TP scrolls to switch lanes. The Drow was buying Recipes for items before getting the actual item components.

Like I get it, losing is a team effort and I should be asking myself, "Well what could I have done better?" but goddamn.

I've lost more games than I've won since I started playing again a week or two ago, but that was the first one in a series of losses that made me say, "Oh right - this is why I stopped playing DOTA."

If you're not a toxic player, sometimes they wind up with you, but more often than not they'll be on the other team.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

MoaM posted:

The new matchmaking update brings ranked roles to base matchmaking. You're now MMR'd with Core / Support values or something; no party/solo MMR.

That post is kinda long, needs to be re-written.

Defaulting people to selecting every option was a bad move. Had two games in a row where I picked support first, the player marked as mid second picked not-mid, and no one else wanted to adjust the role they were going to play. Instant screaming over chat/mic after the last pick. This is in high legend/low ancient ranked games.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 7, 2019

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

This patch is nuts, I don’t even know where to start.

http://www.dota2.com/outlanders

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

sugar free jazz posted:

the frost sometimes it makes the blade stick bitch

Would someone explain this joke? I know it’s a Gladiator reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

That makes sense. Thanks!