Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
can't wait to see n[o]one dumpstering fools with bane mid. Io seems outright broken in pubs. the death of shrine is most definitely A Good Thing.

Welcome back dotes thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
broodmother is great now. Losing free pathing from taking dmg and getting dusted 24/7 sucked and made it the niche pick she was. now she's viable all the time and a lot of fun. if being invis is a highlight of the hero you're loving garbage with garbage opinions.

apem is fun but I feel like the towers need a tweak. Right now it's real easy to farm a deso/AC in 10 mins and end the game solo. Why would you do that in a fun game mode? Idk but ppl can and will. Test client last night was full of it.

bane needs a nerf, pangolin is fun as gently caress but im curious to see what the pros do with it. Willow great in a 4 role bad in a 5 so far. contesting bounties is really bizarre now. Shrine changes good. HG changes good. Good patch. 5K+ is a poo poo show rn

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

JollyPubJerk posted:

shits all broken and old behavior isn't working right anymore despite not even being adjusted. Valve.

yeah i noticed a bunch of bugs on old mechanics and such. expecting some pretty intense bug fixing from here to the next tourney.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Reality Winner posted:

Turbo mode let me be level 25 at 20 minutes :getin:

Roaming is super fun not having to worry about xp and getting insane amounts of farm.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I find playing with other people is more frustrating unless you manage to find a group all on the same skill level. It's a hard game to chill in, until turbo came along.

Mute everyone and spam chat wheel and listen to tunes if the 13 year old mexican is getting to you. any cares?

queef anxiety fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 1, 2017

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Ambivalent posted:

this is my #1 gripe. the mechanic just makes all your timings variable, it is super bad. and basically every game with a similar mechanic has ended up with it either being made inconsequential or overpowered and making disablers feel awful

Yeah tenacity mechanic seems poo poo but i'll hold judgement till Dotapit and see how it goes.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Arteezy currently showing how broken willow is on strim.

Level 15 with blink veil Kaya solo killing an equal level qop with just her bedlam in the time it takes for qops turn rate and blink.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Cuntellectual posted:

I know I've said it before but just going MoM on a support Bane with the enfeeble talent can do an eye watering amount of damage, good god.

Or take him mid and force the enemy mid to go jungle from minute 1 :toot:

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Cuntellectual posted:

Diffusal isn't BAD, but it blows my mind people keep rushing it on pangolier. Do they think his q procs on hits or something? :iiam:

It's actually good and cool. The stat gain is nice and the slow helps landing all your spells and being the annoying pos you are. Add a linkens and an MKB and you poo poo out damage and are pretty untouchable. The meme build is to go treads into 5 javelins and watch your Q proc for 1600 dmg a hit.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Cuntellectual posted:

I keep seeing people do it and have no impact, I've had way more success going halberd/Atos, or Radiance and being disruptive than trying to be pure damage.

He's flexible enough to be able to build him however you want. I think the no impact part is more to do with how plebs try to play him. He's actually great fun in an aggro trilane I found out last night.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Neurolimal posted:

IMO outside hilarious quirks like that Meepo one he's pretty versatile in an average way, while not having much of a specific enough niche to see tourney play (although that average versatility might in fact be his niche; he works pretty decently in every role but carry, so he could work as a Safe Pick). Kind of like how Ursa is real good in pugs, but in tourneys turns into a kite

Yeah that's his main issue. I can think of 5 heros I'd rather have in the respective role before thinking about pangolier. Who knows maybe iceiceice will just blow everyone's mind and dominate with it enough to become popular.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Dizz posted:

Maybe I should report people again, even though it's meaningless because it's like a 24 hour ban

IT's LP, and if they're a serial oval office it can be 5-8 games. winning that many games f LP can take a long time for someone who isn't a poopsocker.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
what happened to tcjimbo

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Fuligin posted:

their only active title under development

:thunk:

Valve has never spent a huge amount on advertising or coverage. They rely on Steam and reputation. it's been a sore point with some people for a while but I doubt running ads is gonna help. Anyone interested in mobas knows what dota is and what to expect. idk why we need huge player numbers

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Well? The crowd funded prize pool and viewers has grown every year despite a smaller player base. Dota has always been an inherently difficult game to get into and no amount of tutorials, advertisements are going to help. it requires a huge investment of time and is infinitely more complicated than other mobas around. Icefrog is doing his best to make changes to accommodate new players without losing the essence of what dota is.

queef anxiety fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 17, 2017

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Fuligin posted:

Maybe I'm being an idiot right now but I'm not actually sure why you're thunking at me. There's the Dota card game I guess, but all the leaks and departures over the past few years suggest that most of Valve's not-Dota, not-Steam activities have come to a halt or been cancelled.

Credit where credit is due, they've been dedicated to growing the pro scene and continuing to support the game, but their secretive, head-up-their-own-rear end, "it's-done-when-it's-done" posture towards community relations is and always has been poo poo.

Valve have stated multiple SP games in the works as well as Artifact. Plus active updates and development of CS:GO, TF2 etc. Sure, i'm not a fan of where Valve has been heading either but saying its the only active game in development is pretty far fetched.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Fuligin posted:

Ahh, so I was being kind of an idiot, which is what I get for posting without coffee. I'd completely forgotten about CS and TF2, although my understanding is that both have a fairly low tempo of updates. TF2 has been running on fumes and community content for years, no? I'm still super skeptical about any new IPs tho, much less a new Half-Life. Laidlaw's blog post doesn't seem like the kind of thing you write about a franchise still in active development.

TF2 just got a huge 4 day update and CS:GO gets regular updates for the pro and casual scene. I don't play a lot anymore so they could be garbage though. Still a high player base. HL has been dead in the water for years and I think most of the SP games mentioned are all VR.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Incoherence posted:

I mean, if I can help it, I'd rather walk to lane with more than tangos and 2 branches or clarities, especially because rune fights are more common now.

Nerfing supports in the early game was needed to be honest and the strip down of the side shop has balanced it out for cores too. It helps the offlane and punishes early roaming to mid as you're not getting brown boots stick sub 2 mins.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

jBrereton posted:

It really does not help most offlaners that:

- PMS no longer exists
- Creep XP is more evenly spread, and creeps provide about 50gpm more
- You almost inevitably have to buy part of the support kit in pubs because yer pos 5 is a moron so you lose a healing item

It' almost like if you remove something from the game you need to make changes elsewhere to balance it out . hence the change to supps. offlane is the hard lane again and its good. pull camp favours your side and equilibrium is much easier to keep in your favour. hopefully they will never balance the game around 'my supp only bought cour'

removing PMS was the best thing thats happened to dota in a long time.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

TOOT BOOT posted:

The offlane is loving MISERABLE now if you get the guy that doesn't read patch notes or anything and you get the 5th pick jungle legion or whatever. Good luck doing anything against their Antimage/Pudge/Warlock trilane or whatever they come up with, that dewards you before creeps meet and then you're just completely shut out with nowhere else to go.

That's why the more durable offlanes are becoming popular again. Centaur has the highest win rate in 7.07b right now with omni/abba not far behind. You can't get away with putting any hero with a PMS and some sort of zoning potential in the offlane and expect it to do well. If they are trilaning your safe lane then you know their offlane *should* be suffering just as much.

e: if you're playing with 5th pick LC jungle or 5 pos that doesn't support then the enemy sure as hell don't know how to pull camps through and play a decent trilane

queef anxiety fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 17, 2017

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
:gas:

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
are we going to ,ake this a reddit thread now where we post low res images of cosmetics and write glance value a lot? lol at 'might mistake for an sk coming out of fog'

e: pangolier is the best thing to happen to the game dota 2

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
ja just pull the lane my dude

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

hairypanis posted:

Whatever happened to old mate TCJimbo?

after months of sperging about how poo poo goons were and getting extremely mad he calibrated at a measly 3k and left for some other moba trash in shame.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I racked up 5000 hours in this dead gay video game and used to be toxic as poo poo trying to get to the big leagues and now im a 10,000 rated behaviour score support player and its actually kind of a fun game again thanks for listening to my stobry

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

khysanth posted:

He needs something like a soul ring and other mana items nowadays. His channeled stun is nice and so is the new frost armor.

Losing the ministun on Chain Frost still hurts. :(

lich is goat and if u aren't sipping on that cold one regularly you're doing it wrong

e: wrong quote whatever

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
brown boots midas force hex is best

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
90% sure they cant be multi cast? as it procs from offensive cd's

e: in fact im 100% sure it doesn't multicast wtf are you on about

queef anxiety fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 16, 2019

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
The game dota 2 is hot garbage unless you're playing with competent people who only seem to reside in the top 5 percent as the skill level is just so drat high. Playing carry means watching your support leech xp, ruin lane equilibrium or feed the offlane while playing support is an exercise in frustration as all your hard efforts get pissed up the wall in the mid game as you watch your one position bf jugg hit neutrals and take all the safe farm on the map that the mid needed when they get kicked out of lane at 7 mins in from roamers.

It doesn't mean you can't have fun in dota but I feel like even if all consumables were free and mm was perfect and whatever other complaints come up it still wouldn't fix the fact that this game is so heavily reliant on 4 other people and if they're bad you're gonna have a bad time.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
EE is an rear end in a top hat turbo sperg but I remember him saying if he wasnt able to play competitively or in the top 1 percent of players he'd probably quit and play a game far more fun than dota and I think he's totally on the right track

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
supports are great because you can build what will be useful for your team on a game by game basis!

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
nothing like having a close 70 min game come down to the wire then end bc someone got a free aegis from a neutral camp or pa got 250 AS

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

please knock Mom! posted:

I’m going to play this game again, in 8 days I’ll be clean for 5 years and then I’m reinstalling

Which hero do i play

tiny

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Not being able to escape the taunts and voice lines of the 23-1 Tiny making you or your enemies wonder why they play at all owns. All chat slurs do not.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Pretty sure the icefroge left a long time ago

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Lol 500 dollars for TI

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Gottem