Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

dr.acula posted:

How do I win my Meepo game for cavern when I'm still pretty rusty and also suck at that hero to begin with?

Netherswap it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Sniper

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Keen for Kunkka's.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Like, any sort of conflict?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

That rubick arcana is nice

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Doom's been a menace ever since they gave him armor

taking literally no damage

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

is it fair to say we're league of legends now? those AM and Marci skins are pretty anime.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

it is incredible how dog poo poo it is

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

no way hitting ice paths and being an annoying piece of poo poo is great

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

ive got everything but the crt now. shaman is p sick currently. was hard support and a level 50 natures prophet (herald) started ‘this ss’ing me when i forgot to use a neutral creep token after a fight. anyway i went 10-2-20 and got mvp

zzz
this ss
reported

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I really like playing sand king, but I've got sub 50% wr and I feel like my damage output isn't amazing. I usually just go wand bracer arcane blink aghs then situational items, but the enemy team is pretty anal about buying dust and sentries, which makes sense.
So now I've started playing as slardar or spirit breaker and it's great popping people open, and I feel a little tankier as well.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

yeah I'm a little bummed out, I stopped playing for a few years and missed some nice skins. was hoping they'd bring them back as a celebration of 10+n years of doter

Sab669 posted:

Actual post: I hope they nerf Midas; I'm sick and tired of loving everybody building one :(

new ability every hero gets: midas

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

bad_fmr posted:

Account doesnt have the be the same as your ingame nickname, right? Like my Starcraft, Hearthstone and wow games dont have to use the same name ingame, even when tied to same Blizzard account.

wouldn't Hearthstone in this example be what you're after? ie Hearthstone uses your bnet name which you can't change(right?)

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Geight posted:

He's just fun to use. One time I fragged a Slark thru his ult by double-edging the creeps that were next to us. Good or bad (usually bad), Centaur's a fun one.

I've been enjoying my time with slardar maybe I should give Centaur a go too

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

the mute advice is pretty solid

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

I kinda get it though. The pace and income is all hosed so heroes that have earlyish timings have a very small window to pull something off. And you don't have a lot of room to keep a game close. Like if early game is kinda even in a normal game, you can win and lose a couple fights and the snowball isn't as inevitable.

That being said, turbo is fun. I feel like games are still only like ten minutes shorter on average, though. Had a bunch of them go way longer than I thought they should.

people who force the game to go longer by retreating when the entire enemy team is dead should go to The Hauge. it's not very turbo of them

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

here's poison in your eyes

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

unless ursa gets aghs and has massive status resistance while enraged

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

So when the versus screen says your teammate won <x> in a row as their super off-meta core, does that count turbo or bot matches or what? Because a very large proportion of these games end about like you'd expect and not like someone that's been having success with a weird pick.

i find the start screen is often wrong or outdated information

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

i've recently had 2 ranked WR forgo boots completely and every time i point it out i get flamed by them. coincidentally, those are the matches i lose. is there a guide somewhere that people follow that says to not get any boots at all? or do they think "the windranger gets there first!"!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I miss when random gave you extras

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

i need to get deprogrammed and re-learn how to play the game i find myself flailing around doing nothing mid/late game if we're not actually fighting the enemy team. is BSJ any good for videos on this?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

potm of the moon
kotl of the light
qop of pain

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

just had a match with tusk ogre and warlock in the top lane, and an aggressively bad WK silencer party bot against a solo LC. the wk went brown boots into aghs into blink into shard that they got via farming bottom jungle when he hit 3. even the enemy LC was confused as to why he gave up the lane. he just called us bad in top lane for dying so much. the weird part is that the silencer he was partied with was playing completely normally.

you meet all sorts playing dota.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

that's crazy my job as a lion is being an annoying piece of poo poo sucking as many people as I can and getting angry messages in chat for it

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

the aristocrats dota!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Khanda on Luna would make lucent beam a pretty scary nuke

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Speaking of not the right items to build, I've been making Zeus a right-clicker, and I'm getting an 80% win rate with it.

how does zeus become a right clicker? I'm ootl.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

pick rubick and hook the pudge back.
but by then he has aghs blademail heart and eternal shroud so he just eats your team.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Super-NintendoUser posted:

I've been wrecking in Unranked with WW, I'm 6/6 with her. I'm going to stay in unranked until I have have a whole page of wins (minus any where someone obviously griefs and we lose). WW has a lot of impact all game, and I'm finding that I'm really enjoying the P4 role.

Last game I force staffed in and healed an Axe that had 10 HP, at the same time I cursed the other other team and caught three of them. When the heal was up, the Axe instead of running, went in and ulted the cursed enemy, and then got killed. He flamed me on chat "I HAD ULT WHY DID YOU CURSE" and I automuted him.

Thanks for listening.

good news! that won't suddenly stop in ranked.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

teaching them to be aware of rune timers

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

doesn't sky have some venge type cosmetic already

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

had a game last night where there someone picked nyx and I would dust randomly out of paranoia. got him a surprising amount! felt bad for them.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

what kind of tank items? I bought a vanguard on him once and got yelled at and reported so I don't play him any more :shobon:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

remove spell amp from existing rapier. make a new spell amp exclusive rapier. also make a defensive rapier (?)

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

4 raipers, agi str int uni, plus a refresher and an aegis lets you uproot your ancient and pilot it down mid lane

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Do it like treads, click through physical/magic dmg/defensive rapier.

getting killed because you accidentally turned the str rapier to int mid fight

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

holy fuckin poo poo i CALLED it

Zeruel posted:

remove spell amp from existing rapier. make a new spell amp exclusive rapier. also make a defensive rapier (?)

:sickos:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Puck is famously bad at getting CS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

i need to get better at CS whenever i try to last hit im always off by 1 hp