Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tinker with the new Anti One-shot (Aeon Disk) item is gonna be a pain if he can refresh it. Along with any other annoying splitpushers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Death Bot posted:

Is the beefy crunch back yet

it never left.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

joats posted:

Looks like Phantom Lancer is still garbage, nerfed diffusal blade once again.
Do any of the new items work for his illusions?

Diffusal is better for him now. He can also Rosh with only a diffusal blade now.

Outside of Ghost Scepters you rarely used it for the buff removal anyway also he has free crit at 25 now.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

frajaq posted:

I do that the carry yells at me

mute teh carry

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgHakWXwtNMLJ6M/giphy.mp4

map changes

Kild fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 31, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

Does bf cleave work with pangolier Q?

It should.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

OD is a monster now that he's completely immune to magic damage.

what

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pango gently caress is poo poo and dotabuff confirms it 36% winrate.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Incoherence posted:

I think people assume he's a safelane carry. He is not.

he's not ANYTHING. He does no damage and has only his ult as real CC.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

IncendiaC posted:

not that i don't agree with you but it's been like 8 hours since the patch, of course everyone's gonna blindly pick the new hero. initial winrates for new heroes are always low

Theres nothing pro like with Wisp Ember or Earth Spirit to learn on him. Wisp girl is probably harder to play and she has 48% winrate. He's not a core and he only has a proc slow and an ult stun so he's hardly a support either.

Kild fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 1, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Not sure why someone would look at a skill with no scaling that is basically a platform for onhits and think "ah, a new carry.", same for the ult that makes him unable to attack.

IMO get orb of venom, early javelin, roam out for those magical 2+ javelin procs off swashbuckle, and have a good time.

or idk go something more effective like earth spirit riki bh, anyone with a hard disable, anyone with damage, anyone with tankiness, anyone that scales, anyone with utility, anyone with soft disables, anyone with something more than oov slow and a -30 ms proc

Like I really want him to be good bc I like his design but all his numbers are just too low and his W is a gimmick attached for his ult.

Kild fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 1, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Theres one good thing Pangolier has is Wisp turnrate.

https://i.imgur.com/wc9U207.mp4

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

this is my #1 gripe. the mechanic just makes all your timings variable, it is super bad. and basically every game with a similar mechanic has ended up with it either being made inconsequential or overpowered and making disablers feel awful

AGREED. That's the my #1 gripe too. It fucks with all muscle memory timings of any sort of CC combo. My #2 Gripe is it'll be at least 7-12 months before its canned.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I actually dont understand why Tiny needed a remake and such a bad one too.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

solo offlane where you're just leeching exp isn't very good if the enemy carry is any decent at denying. denies give gently caress all for exp again.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

325 damage psionic traps sounds pretty hilarious

Lanaya confirmed Techie Assassin

unfort its DoT.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

Can you stack multiple instances of it?

no it just refreshes

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wangsbig posted:

I uninstalled the game, the patch is bad and the game is bad as well

Off to battlerite or whatever you go then

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.york.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/2017/research/multiplayer-video-games/

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Brinner posted:

what happened to tcjimbo

he's real salty about dota and went 2 hots

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elman posted:

What about spawning runes all over the map instead of just the 1 rune you have to fight for? Or spell scaling that blurs the distinction between spell and physical damage. Or tenacity. Or giving offlaners and supports tons of gold which means they no longer have to make do with very little gold and xp (I actually enjoyed that aspect of the game a lot! It took effort to play position 5 and still carry the game for your team through good support).

Honestly you could go on and on but it's like asking what made HoN inferior to Dota back in the day. They were extremely different games, with HoN picking up a lot of design cues from APEM and focusing on being a hero brawler that's more about action than strategy.

Now excuse me while I get hit by Kunkka's ult 12 times in a row.

Mana management is less punishing too between Shrine, Mangos (free ones lol), raindrops, medallion, soul ring, urn, aquilla. Item management is easier with backpack. Everyone is stronger at laning with several base HP increases (Base HP increase, Str gain increase, Str giving more HP). Comeback Gold + Exp punishing even minor mistakes in the ahead/stomping team. Easier to build items, lots more mid tier items and lower priced high tier items. Deso going from like 4.5k gold to 3.5k gold, Skadi going from like 7k gold to 5.4k, even Rapier lost a Demon Edge in its price.

Then there's a bunch of QoL increases which no one really should complain about but does simplify things like tower range/aggro/spawnboxes/castranges/ward range.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fuligin posted:

Maybe I'm being an idiot right now but I'm not actually sure why you're thunking at me. There's the Dota card game I guess, but all the leaks and departures over the past few years suggest that most of Valve's not-Dota, not-Steam activities have come to a halt or been cancelled.

Credit where credit is due, they've been dedicated to growing the pro scene and continuing to support the game, but their secretive, head-up-their-own-rear end, "it's-done-when-it's-done" posture towards community relations is and always has been poo poo.

they're making HL3, L4D3, and Artifact plus some other game.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fuligin posted:

Ahh, so I was being kind of an idiot, which is what I get for posting without coffee. I'd completely forgotten about CS and TF2, although my understanding is that both have a fairly low tempo of updates. TF2 has been running on fumes and community content for years, no? I'm still super skeptical about any new IPs tho, much less a new Half-Life. Laidlaw's blog post doesn't seem like the kind of thing you write about a franchise still in active development.

Well its still speculation but they have stated they're working on 4 games and some videos they've released of tech demos and poo poo show L4D3 and HL3 folders.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

So I'm trying to find this old YouTube video that is a reading of someone's amazing anger rant from like dota 1 or hon or something. Something about regretting your words and deeds but I think I'm mixing it up with Kojima

I wanna say moonmeander wrote it maybe

Anyone remember what I'm thinking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUYQAZEzyWg

?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

There's a dude who friended me because we had 2 good games, and now I can't even log in without him inviting me

I didn't start playing Dota to make friends!

the easiest way to lose friends is to play dota

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

this new rank system is so hosed, i recommend staying away while everyone gets rid of their question mark

I am playing with people who are saying they were rated 4K before, and people who are asking how you buy things

im sure a lot of people started playing ranked again that didn't play it before or were boosted or are lying.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I'm confused as how you get enough charges for first blood especially when neutrals dont spawn until the 1m mark and first blood can be easily around the bounty runes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

JollyPubJerk posted:

what the royal gently caress is this storm lvl 25 talent poo poo? He just flew across the map and instagibbed the entire team with exploding untargetable bullshit.

the bugged version or the regular version? IF you skill it mid flip it'll spam them ones it would've done if you skilled it before the flip start all in the same spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZXMZq4kzPg

9:55 if it doesnt keep the timestamp

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kawabata posted:

coming back after almost 3 years, I have to say Dota is better than ever

however I wonder how many more players this game will need to lose (it's lost about 140k players, a whopping 15%, over the last year) before they add a 20 min concede button or completely revamp their cosmetics/reward system

like I'm close to 2k hours played and what fantastic reward awaits me? loving nothing

how is this possible in an online game in 2017

if you want concede just play turbo mode so you can lose in 20 minutes

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wangsbig posted:

i dont know how it will end but I know how bored I am playing it and hell, maybe two other ppl will agree with me and we can move on

maybe leave or don't play idk

if you get bored of dota by the 20 minute mark perhaps its not the game for you?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wangsbig posted:

ok guy who's never been bored of a game by 20 minutes

maybe get your depression in check if your desire to play dota doesn't even last as long as a boner

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wangsbig posted:

not wanting to slave away at a dull task a clear sign of depression thanks dr. goon

the dull task of playing the game you loaded up and sat 5 minutes in queue for then pressed the ya I want to play this game button

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wangsbig posted:

i don't know what particular strain of your autism is making you insist that every minute of dota is a high octane blast but heck, sometimes they aren't and I'd like to spend them doing anything else which combined with my love of low prio is why I have a very high abandoner's rate

I didn't say it was just that if you can't handle the lows in dota maybe play something else? Like do you get on a rollercoaster and try 2 jump off when its climbing bc its boring and not 'high octane'?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Honestly, the fact that you can get away with an abandon every so often makes the requirement of a virgin sacrifice to end a game early all the sillier to me. It basically means that instead of having a concede vote every player has an End Game No Matter How Everyone Else Feels option every month or two.

Also, while we're heaping complaints on dotes, a really cool positive-incentive LoL has for not being a dick is that you get a free skin (no need to do any crafting stuff, 100% free) if you go a year without being punished. It doesn't bite into their profits and is a nice extra bit of goodwill. Allah knows the dotes community could use whatever incentives for acting like a normal human being that work.

Personally I'm the broke brain idiot who goes thank god the dead weight is gone and then I go on to win the game usually.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yoshi Wins posted:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Oh, also, does anyone know if the videos on this Youtube channel are legit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpuVlVmioj8

It's hard for me to tell because I'm new to the game, but most of the videos on this channel seem to be played at a pretty high level. But then I've started watching a few that seem strangely unskilled. I haven't been able to find any info about where these replays are coming from. There's nothing on the channel's About page that helps.

They're 'pro' pub games yea. I think they just scrape pro players games and post any popular player's games that have high kills

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wangsbig posted:

what champ is the golden scorpion

n'aix the sand king

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Amaterasu - UNRELEASED - Pre-Order Bonus if you buy Okami HD on Steam.
Contains Amaterasu courier. Unlocks on December 12th. | Which is also the release date of Okami HD. | Workshop

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

naix is a puppy, an adorable meat puppy, and that cosmetic gives him a waggly tail...

the golden version is excessive, but i like the regular one for waggly tail

did you preorder your puppy courier?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Radical posted:

oh wait is that really a naix item? when someone said it was at first i thought it was a joke

yeah thats really naix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Medusa, The Gorgon Assassin.

Squee, Spleen, and Spoon the Goblin Techies Captain.