Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Neon Belly posted:

What are Black Baby Goku's thoughts on-- :(

Ask his pocket mod instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Enemy Pangolin, Willow and Kunkka trilane. poo poo is annoying but this is Dota 2, you get bkb and kill people. Fun stuff and easy 25 mmr.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

Dont pick viper it's impossible to win vs pudge as viper mid.

Hehehe I remember that.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Patch is cool and good. If anything the game needs more dance taunts: Undying / Lion dancing around you is mad disrespect.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Once again it's up to Peru to save DOTA.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
All this talk when according to the graph its clear we need more PERU, SEA and CHINA and less USA.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

JollyPubJerk posted:

hey look, guy with a lovely avatar goes straight for the pointless ad hominems instead of addressing the fact that western dota has died and all the changes to bring a new generation of blood into the casual scene and pro scene has done exactly not that, at the expense of the dotards

Excuse me? Dota isn't dwindling in literally all the countries you hate. In fact, DOTA is growing around here, loving amazing how you believe spamming slurs in all your games will bring a new generation.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

Yep that's it thanks

BIG PLAAAAAAAAAAAAYS

Real talk Dota destroys IRL friendships if you try to have a normal game instead of just having some kicks. A good friend of mine wanted me to play dota (I even dodged a Henron invite because of it) and he proceeded to 'support' me by picking pit lord, autoattacking creeps AND using firestorm on creeps (later he stated that it was his intention to hit heroes).

turboraton fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 22, 2017

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I'm a 5 star Legend.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I played Offlane Carry Lich and got promoted to Ancient, game is good.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I just wish I had more dotahats to bet, I lost all my dupes and I'm currently waiting on the frostivus event to get some.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Neon Belly posted:

There was a reason to play dota2?

Yes, to have fun.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Kawabata posted:

hots thread is in blizzard subforum

I always marvel at the diverse taste you first worlders acquire. How can a human being enjoy more Hots than Dota is beyond me. It is also beyond me how can you post pages and pages and pages of opinions about a game you no longer play.

Me? I'm a simple man, I read words about Dota, I get desire to play Dota. Then I boot this game called, you know, Dota. And mostly win and collect stars on my new badge.

turboraton fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 5, 2017

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Please IceToad never add concede button. Also if possible please lets goonhouse so I can teabag that Elgroucho guy.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

9/10 times you can tell you're going to lose before game starts

Jesus, you keep spouting toxic poo poo and toxic poo poo like a mini JPJ. Realize your lovely attitude paired with your mediocre skills are the reason you sit in your skill range and get paired with other people with skill like you, but sadly your horrible attitude drags everyone down and infuses the other toxic guys on your team.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Oi Risque, Minorkos, how up are you on the rankings? I could use some friendly goon challenge to up my ranking and be there with the -*°Goon Elite 420°*-

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

B-but people don't like my favorite game anymore!!!

Lmao at you trying to pull the "im chill card" when it is you that keeps posting every single page in a row that you hate this game, starting with some latino hate. It's really funny how fast you step back into your little troll cave once someone call you up for the toxic guy you really are.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Bullshit, Dota2 is a good game at core, that's why it is still rising on other regions. Older regions are just like this forum in general, full of guys who have grown out of the game but refuse to stop bitching about it.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Elman posted:

Actually I haven't grown up at all I'm still the same dota-loving manchild at heart :ohdear:

I just feel the game's only changed for the worse ever since they decided that balancing and making it stategically deep wasn't a worthwhile pursuit and it was much better to make massive sweeping changes to keep the playerbase interested.

That IS weird to me. I have always preferred Dota over the other similar games because I feel the creators don't fear changes and believe in whatever they feel it needs to be changed. I'm a really old school player here and it has been that way since the megacreeps entered the game and the removal of the bigass recipes of 5.36. I am totally fine with whatever IceToad feels needs to be put on the game and can''t help but chuckle when someone gets upset by it.

I am not kidding, I have known friends who quit dota because of megacreeps and removal of Radiant vs Dire teams on cm.

turboraton fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 7, 2017

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Chucat posted:

I care when they look like poo poo with a billion particles everywhere and I can't tell what heroes are because they just threw whatever standards they had out of the window.

Man, didn't know Dota had a crossover with Saint Seiya. While it's true that that cosmetic is poo poo, I believe you are being a grandpa. First, those are very rare, I have seen them twice on the enemy team and Second, you get to preview them on the loading screen so it never catches you up by surprise.

Some cosmetics are too much but playing dress up is fun. Valve should add a no cosmetic option tho.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I'd make fun of that lowass reso pic he took but I was playing even lower than that for all my dota 2 lyfe until 5 or 6 months. For all it's bugs and beta jokes, Dota is optimized pretty well.

turboraton fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 9, 2017

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Death Bot posted:

Maybe the real racist cabal was the posts we made along the way

Let's be real, you guys have been always blaming us for your mmr. JPJ just went the extra mile.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Reality Winner posted:

The laning meta has gotten a lot more stale, or professional, over time. I used to see things like solo offlane Spectre or void/TB dual safelane all the time, and you'd just make it work.

Meanwhile I reach Divine by going offlane carry lich.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
The spirit breaker minigame is the BEST. You can even taunt while throwing fools into the lava.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

botany posted:

oh my god i finally got through this piece of poo poo game which we should have won at 30 minutes, but then it took us like 80 because our luna played like a maniac. my goddamn computer crashed twice in the middle, we finally won and i get an abandon what the gently caress gaben

Friendly reminder that my IRL friend from school rounded everyone up for Dota. He only asked to play Luna because he mains her. He then proceeded to assemble the team (one guy even played from Spain at 6am just to be with us) and he rushed shadowblade with brown boots and then yasha. By rush I mean farm it up at like, 29 mins.

We lost. Badly.

Edit: lmao at toot boot's story. Dota is the best.

turboraton fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 17, 2017

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Radical posted:

if you mute everyone and never speak your behavior score should get better

Goons can't stop talking poo poo even when they don't play the game anymore. Imagine the poo poo they talk while playing the game!

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
You still post about it, so no.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I wonder who will be the first goon to get the 6month low prio punishment.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Goons want a wall.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Craig K posted:

Four Dollars A Month Of Pure Content

No Hurricane tho, I hope it gets improved.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

strong bird posted:

Techies should be in a unique position where it's removed from the game immediately

Same, but PUDGE. I'm so loving tired of that guy on my pubs

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Once again I'll try to get as far as possible with only paying for the LVL 1 Compendium, last year I made it to green Kunkka immortal on the very last 10 mins. Even the pubs on my team helped me, what a great dota story to cherish.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

baby delivery truck posted:

You play on USeast right? When you play solo ranked, are your teammates always from S America and the enemies always N Americans? Or is it a mix for you? It's just that I've noticed every single game for me it's always an all Spanish speaking enemy team while my team is always all English speaking. It's nice to be able to finally communicate with my whole team every game, but it also really feels like an 'us-vs-them' type thing every game.

It's a little bit of everything, been in a S.America vs the World and in a mixture of everything where the teammates assumed I was american since I spoke english. The post-game trashtalk is always amazing.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

self unaware posted:

i love that even turbo games regularly go 40-50 minutes

What MMR is this lmao. Mine always go 10 to 20 and I've been playing them a lot due to caverns working with turbo

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lmao

also why would you make your real identity findable via your steam account

Perhaps he is Peruvian as well! Here we make fun of the kids who won't put their name on their profile!

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I'm Peruvian, Ancient 2 and I play solo support mostly so I'll never understand this goon aversion of playing alone or hating this game yet typing about it for years now.

Who do I kid I do understand that most goons are terribad and want to justify it somehow.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Lmao at that goon missing the jungle. I've been away from some time but it's time to dotes. I've read that Riki is a strong pick but I'm about to end his assassin career with my strong man Gondar the booty hunter.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I played BH and ended up 3 4 24. Got 3 commends and I tipped the 1 10 enemy mid.

Dota is cool and good.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

Is DotA dead where is everyone :negative:

Watching KL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

causticBeet posted:

dota has officially jumped the shark with rng item drops