Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
My comm score tanked from 12k to <6k pretty quickly last month. Behavior sits within 11k-12k. I think players quickly identified you can get a comm report to go through easier than behavior if they're mad at you. poo poo sux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
The closest thing I can thing of that's on the line of griefing / playing bad is ignoring a teammate and intentionally letting them die. I get there are situations where you need to just cut your losses but some times mfs will definitely just let their lanemate die 2v1 because they're upset with them and want them to appear that they're doing poorly.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

causticBeet posted:

Actually dota in its purest form is when your whole team spams the same all chat voice line after a funny team fight

Muting the audio chat effects has been greatly beneficial towards my enjoyment of the game. If anyone is interested this mute mod works great. Just needs to be manually updated every once in a while:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2705077810

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I'm down in the evening US eastern. My voice chat is disabled though >: )

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Put power treads back on a little wooden leg!

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Super-NintendoUser posted:

I helped a buddy with some flooding after a big storm last week. I was in his basement and found that he had piles of PCs, like 20-30 PCs of all different kinds. I told him that for payment he can build me a PC capable of playing DOTA2 at medium settings. He delivered, and I just threw Linux Mint on it, turns out that DOTA2 on full quality is an entirely different game to the potato version my old laptop could run. It's amazing, like I can follow my hero during fights now, I can see what's happening. I'm still bad, but at least I can see now.

From my experience the Windows client runs best. The macOS and linux builds both use vulkan to render graphics. They discontinued the opengl renderer in the muerta patch which ran WAY better.

I've used the mac, linux, and windows clients all on the same hardware and the Windows Direct X 11 build performs best by far. I turned the graphics in the mac and linux versions all the way down and still lagged during teamfights or when lots of spells and animations go off at once. Windows client runs fine at high graphics through team fights.

poo poo sucks bc i really like not dealing with Windows at home.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

It actually runs 100% perfect at full quality in 21:9, but the problem is DOTA is terrible in ultra-wide. It's important to play in 16:9, which works, I just have to set my monitor to that mode manually before I launch DOTERS. It's not a big deal but I'd like to just click the icon and be on my way.

Really? My intel machine screens are 16:9. My separate M1 macbook is 16:10 i think, and when i was playing on that i'd get similar performance to my intel mac tower. Aspect ratio and resolution don't seem to be factors for me. What're your specs?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Null tally, casual windlace, push stick is the recipe

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Big fan of picking up a casual windlace for your lower movespeed ranged carries. Sniper, viper, silencer

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I played with a support 4 terrorblade last night and dude was making the most insane saves standing just out of range with life swap and counter initiating and we all had a gas

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Eternal shroud is such a good item. Pretty much the new heart

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Plank Walker posted:

This right here is why boots of bearing is my favorite item

My fav boots. Feels great on mid bh

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

To be clear the Smurf was on my team.

Ah. Then that's fine

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Lmao @ releasing khanda and spell amp rapier at the same time

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

flashman posted:

Didn't realize timber would be good mid.. I spammed ten or fifteen games in the offlane so that looks nice. I've played a few huskar and really sort of sucked at it, armlet is for big brains.

Timber and death prophet I think will be juicy and dp in particular can be a good pick when they've got a beefy team that I'm sort of missing with my current roster.

Thx lads ancient here I come

Dude try centaur mid. In a 4, 1, 1 build up. And just focus on CS and denies til its time to gank. The getting is good rn

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Bounty pickers rejoice.

At some point in the last year when radiance and heart were good on almost anyone i'd go rad/heart bh mid and just run and burn down anyone i could catch out of position. Now it's all khanda and super jinada. Miss that poo poo

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Fwiw the combo is toss avalanche for maximum damage. Not avalanche toss. Max q first because that's the value thats getting doubled by toss. Get one point in grab tree

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

anilEhilated posted:

What, really? I haven't played Tiny in years but I always thought it vent ava -> toss -> ava second hit.

Nvm. I thought the toss lasted longer than the ava and always tossed ava. Other way around

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Try disruptor mid. Favor Q and E. Spam Q at level 3 and try to kill. If you do kill and level up level W once to send them back to fountain. At level 6 a they can softened with a Q and die to a nuke trap ult combo. Then roam. Rush phylactery if you're kicking rear end. Get mana boots and spell range orb if you are not kicking rear end. There's a good chance you help your team dominate first half of game and then back half or late worst case scenario you have a disruptor on your team

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Diffusal blade undys rise up

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

NtotheTC posted:

found the hon player

Hell yeah. I think at one point dota 2 had a keybind setting called heroes of newerth so new players could migrate and quickly bind to what they knew. Same with league

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Right click zeus is that raw poo poo rn

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I started skipping vanguard on axe and centaur and just go veil for about the same price. I get to where i need to be a lot faster

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I don't think there's a place for phys damage block in this current game of magic damage and burst. There's almost no situation anymore i'd rather have crimson guard over pipe

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I don't understand double bracer. Same stats as a circlet and gauntlet of str, but it's 220 more gold for part of a regen point and like 6 damage. And you want that twice? Rather just save my 440 and sell my gauntlet and circlet when it's time

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
For two slots and 1010 gold you get

220 hp
48 mana
16 damage
Half an armor
1.5 hp regen
.2 mana regen

Vs 950 helm

4 armor
4 hp regen

Certainly would be nice to have both but when i'm trading as an offlaner with already more hp i'm looking at that passive hp regen and armor increasing my effective hp at low level like drat papi. Then in like 900 more gold it's a veil and also giving me similar stats.

Like is the argument the bracers hit their full value at 25 mins and are then worth it? Am i incorrect in my early game stat priorities?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I'm going to think about this more bc this is bugging me out

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Man i played a couple tiny games and you really can just level almost anyone with ava toss combo, 2 echo saber hits, and a khanda tree throw in quick succession

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Should also get used to announcing what you're doing or want to do into mic even if you think no one is listening. I find if i consistently narrate goals and needs in a way that's helpful people are more likely to play on your page. Alert for areas to be careful of etc

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I've gotten a lot better about not raging or blaming when trying to direct a game, and my games have been better in every way for it. Simple poo poo like instead of calling not attention to mistakes just rephrase as "let's recollect, regroup, and do it this way next time". If someone on your team is being negative, remaining a consistent positive anchor will also likely attract better coordination. Good dota is largely a game about being consistent in all its little subsystems and positive rallying language is another thing to maximize

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Not only is it real but so is the new hero o_O

Should start cribbing old original hon heroes and porting them in 😈

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I miss nomad, deadwood, engineer, electrician, and that goofy ranged strength push/pull robot.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Sab669 posted:

All I'm saying is, it's a really bad look to announce a new hero and not release it for more than half a year while putting out an update that does nothing but include more ways for you to give Valve money.

It looks like everything can be obtained without paying or playing slots this time though. Or am i wrong on that

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I thought i read every 10 coins you earn from the boardgame gets you like 7.99 in credit and most poo poo costs 7.99 or increments of 7.99. Can you only use one 7.99 credit at a time or something? I plan on just stacking coins til the thing is over and see what i can redeem toward the end

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Zeruel posted:

sometimes the enemy hoodwink will feed your team 6 raipers

The blue shell of dota

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Universal stats viper rules. Get an aghs and skadi and puke poison everywhere

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Veno is hard for me, too. I either dominate, zone, and kill to a solid lead. Or i never get off the ground and i'm a skinny lovely liability

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Pureauthor posted:

Clockwerk is still really fun to play.

Except for the parts when you accidentally trap your teammates on the wrong side of the cogs.

Have you checked out hard support clock? It's so much fun to zone. I just max battery assault, get rocket flare and ult, and not worry about cogs unless there's a reason to. It's super effective to keep the slow/stun and damage up at low movespeed with just battery assault and body blocking. Get cogs when people start to be able to escape

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
There should be a hero that makes items or equipment or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

ItohRespectArmy posted:

they should make a hero that gets bitches....

!!