Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

I buy Meteor Hammer on every hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Advanced players only: kill heroes for gold

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

The patch seems to be good. Pit lord is still the sleeper pick that wins every game.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Everyone ready for Dota Prime landing this week?

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

ElGroucho posted:

There's a dude who friended me because we had 2 good games, and now I can't even log in without him inviting me

I didn't start playing Dota to make friends!

This happened to me except we haven’t talked or invited each other since becoming friends. It’s a sad game of chicken now to see who unfriends first, i guess.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

How does Dota ever come up in a real life situation??

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Ranked is here but no battle pass :(

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Kawabata posted:

I obviously don't have Valve data on cosmetics sales but the problem is that they were significantly easier to find in the past, with the obvious consequence that whatever you got kind of "lured you in" and even non-whales were tempted to buy them. I never buy cosmetics in games but I got 4 different sets in 2014, as most of my friends did. Now it's more of a "gently caress you, buy my cosmetics" system that no one likes and it's really jarring because it wasn't like that before.

They also used to have design competitions for content creators that generated a lot of buzz and the coolest sets at the time. It'd be very easy to make those seasonal (say, one in spring and one in autumn) and, again, promote the pay2lookcool part of Dota. Note, by the way, that it's not an irrelevant part of the game because that little bit of progression/loot after a frustrating loss can make a big difference for some players.

I thought they still did competitions? They had themes for CNY, TI7, and Frostivus.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

ElGroucho posted:

jajajaja pendejos xd is my life now

I can’t play solo anymore because of this. All my games now are parties, almost always against a China or Quebec stack.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

What if you could concede after losing two lanes of rax, instead of an arbitrary point in time?

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Yoshi Wins posted:

Uh, so, I’ve played about a hundred games now, and I’m looking to expand my hero selection a bit. I’ve been playing a lot of Axe and Sniper with a little bit of Abaddon. Any suggestions that will help me avoid not having a good pick available? (Axe and Sniper are both banned often.)

I’m thinking about picking up Vengeful Spirit, who I understand is supposed to be pretty straightforward.

Underlord is really easy, really good, and really uncommonly banned or picked.

If you have to play support, Shadow Shaman and Crystal Maiden are reliable and straightforward as well. Some people find CM boring though.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Birzha Memov is so good.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

where is the winter map ?

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If I haven’t played since before pit lord came out what do I need to know to get back into things

Don’t play Dota. If you have to play Dota, at least read the 7.00 patch notes for the major changes. It’s mostly been refinement and balance since then.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Kawabata posted:

is there any dota 2 pro/big streamer nowadays that isn't a loving mongoloid alt right racist

you open bulldog's stream, the first thing you see is pepe and him calling other players monkeys; you open sing's stream and, well,

this game really has become Trump's Dota

Khezzu

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

When it was easy to get gold people complained and now that its harder to get gold people are still complaining.

I haven't actually played dota in ages so i don't know who's right anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Peewi posted:

What kind of monster would do this?

Why was I teamed up with this monster?

aura doesn't do damage :eng101: