Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ppl having success with pango are offlaning, building some combo of diffusal/basher/blink/echo (q applies the echo sabre slow)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ya if it feels good in the game you're in, sure

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
if you don't enjoy playing dota then don't play it, there's really no need to make tortuous justifications to anyone much less the folks on forums dot Something Awful dot com

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I’ma support tiny player now

It’s not going particularly well but it’s v fun

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
zai was doing work as pango last night w/soul ring->vanguard->blink->diffusal. presumably abyssal comes after that

i'm not sure what he offers over other offlane blink initiators, though, except he farms lane creeps v fast and has really good uptime on his skills. oh and he's really fun to play

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
707b: http://store.steampowered.com/news/34339/

==

* Backdoor Protection damage reduction increased from 25% to 40%

* Aeon Disk: Recipe cost reduced from 1750 to 1675
* Mask of Madness: Armor reduction increased from 6 to 7
* Battle Fury damage reduced from 50 to 45
* Meteor Hammer: DPS reduced from 60/115 to 50/90 (building/units)
* Meteor Hammer: Now deals 75/150 impact damage (buildings/units)

* Anti-Mage: Strength gain reduced from 1.5 to 1.3
* Anti-Mage: Base Intelligence reduced from 15 to 12
* Anti-Mage: Spell Shield reduced from 26/34/42/50% to 20/30/40/50%
* Anti-Mage: Level 15 changed from Blink Uncontrollable Illusion to +15 Agility
* Anti-Mage: Level 20 changed from +10 All Stats to Blink Uncontrollable Illusion
* Anti-Mage: Level 25 reduced from +30% Spell Shield to +25%
* Anti-Mage: Illusion talent incoming damage increased from 250% to 300%
* Anti-Mage: Fixed the illusion talent being able to be placed inside of your hero

* Bane: Level 10 Talent changed from Enfeeble Steals Damage to +100 Cast Range
* Bane: Level 15 Talent changed from +150 Cast Range to Enfeeble Steals Damage

* Beastmaster: Wild Axes manacost increased from 60/65/70/75 to 80
* Beastmaster: Level 20 Talent reduced from +120 Wild Axes Damage to +100
* Beastmaster: Boar damage reduced from 20/30/40/50 to 16/24/32/40

* Dark Willow: Bramble maze now does its damage over time (on 0.5 second intervals)
* Dark Willow: Bedlam cooldown rescaled from 20 to 40/30/20
* Dark Willow: Bedlam damage reduced from 75/150/225 to 60/140/220
* Dark Willow: Cursed Crown cast range reduced from 800 to 600

* Dragon Knight: Level 15 Talent changed from +40% XP Gain to +35 Damage

* Drow: Level 20 Talent increased from +1.5s Gust Duration to +2s
* Drow: Precision Aura reduced from 20/26/32/38% to 16/22/28/34%

* Lone Druid: Spirit Bear HP regen increased from 2/3/4/5 to 4/5/6/7

* Medusa: Strength gain reduced from 1.95 to 1.5
* Medusa: Level 10 Talent increased from 10% Evasion to +12%
* Medusa: Level 15 Talent increased from 10% Mystic Snake Mana Steal to +15%
* Medusa: Level 20 Talent increased from +2s Stone Gaze Duration to +2.5s
* Medusa: Split Shot damage from 35/50/65/80% to 30/45/60/75%

* Mirana: Agility from 20 + 3.6 to 18 + 3.2

* Morphling: Restored in Captain's Mode
* Morphling: Adaptive Strike (Agility) min damage multiplier increased from 0.25 to 0.5
* Morphling: Adaptive Strike (Agility) max damage multiplier increased from 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0 to 1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5
* Morphling: Adaptive Strike (Strength) min stun increased from 0.25 to 0.5
* Morphling: Attribute Shift Bonus Agility and Strength increased from 3/4/5/6 to 4/5/6/7
* Morphling: Level 10 Talent changed from +20 Movement Speed to +300 Waveform Range
* Morphling: Level 25 Talent changed from +800 Waveform Range to 2 Waveform Charges

* Kunkka: Level 25 Talent reduced from 4 Ghost Ships to 3

* Pangolier: Swashbuckle now changes your attack damage to 24/42/60/78 rather than just dealing physical damage as an independent nuke (this means the listed amount can now proc for lifesteal, crit, etc)
* Pangolier: Shield Crash damage reduction increased from 8/10/12/14 to 9/12/15/18%
* Pangolier: Shield Crash now causes you to move forward 225 units (can traverse terrain with it)
* Pangolier: Rolling Thunder now has a 1.2s cast time rather than a 1.2s channel period
* Pangolier: Rolling Thunder turn rate increased from 105/110/115 to 120
* Pangolier: Rolling Thunder speed increased from 550/575/600 to 600
* Pangolier: Rolling Thunder speed is now fixed
* Pangolier: Rolling Thunder damage increased from 200/250/300 to 200/275/350
* Pangolier: Fixed Swashbuckle attacks not affecting Spell Immune units
* Pangolier: Level 25 Talent increased from -12s Rolling Thunder to -16s

* Riki: Level 15 Talent increased from -4s Smokescreen Cooldown to -5s
* Riki: Base agility reduced from 34 to 30

* Spirit Breaker: Netherstrike cooldown rescaled from 80/70/60 to 100/80/60

* Sven: God's Strength reduced from 12/24/36 to 10/20/30
* Sven: Level 25 Talent increased from -8s Stormhammer Cooldown to -9s

* Templar Assassin: Level 10 Talent increased from +200 Health to +250
* Templar Assassin: Psionic Traps bonus damage increased from 100/125/150 to 175/250/325

* Tiny: Base strength increased by 4
* Tiny: Tree Grab cooldown from 40/32/24/16 to 15
* Tiny: Tree Grab splash damage from 70% to 100%
* Tiny: Tree Grab unit bonus damage increased from 25% to 30%
* Tiny: Tree Grab attack count increased from 2/3/4/5 to 2/3/4/6
* Tiny: Grow attack speed reduction rescaled from -30 to -20/25/30
* Tiny: Tossed unit bonus damage increased from 20% to 30%
* Tiny: Level 10 Talent increased from +25 Damage to +30
* Tiny: Level 10 Talent increased from +15% Magic Resistance to +20%

* Vengeful Spirit: Allied Death Illusion duration reduced from 7 to 6
* Vengeful Spirit: Base damage reduced by 3

* Visage: Familiar attack damage increased from 25/40/55 to 30/45/60

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
tiny might actually have to get nerfed, the 1/1/4 treads/sny/shadowblade/ac build is crazy. try it today

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
clockwerk 25 talent that makes battery assault go fast is the best thing in the game

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Chucat posted:

It's this imo

Dota 2 is an advertising platform to sell you hats and cosmetics made up of half a million particles with a 45 minute shitshow attached.

any f2p game is this some variation of this, and increasingly the p2p games are too

I wrote a big tryhard thing but gently caress it, basically Dota's really old and it's impressive that it's lasted 10+ years when most frustrating, complex, difficult games fade to a few thousand players in that time (RTS games, arena FPS games, Melee and kind of the whole FGC). It's far from dead with 800k peaks and this thread is a terrible metric of its quality/popularity. Valve fucks up but so do the devs of every other gigantic game. Play it if you have fun playing it. Namaste

(The two major possible improvements are a tribunal with long-term bans and a role queue, which would not be a disaster despite what people think. Draft stays the same you just promise to play a certain role. After maybe a couple weeks of bullshit people will start picking what they need to pick to win. There's no convincing case for concede and there's no solution to the language barrier)

e: turboraton is right

emdash fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 6, 2017

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
there was some routine SQL job loving up and causing the GC to go down for several minutes at a time, sometimes several times a day. In order to get it to work properly again, they prob had to repair one or several huge tables

In the end it was down about 11 hours

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Battle pass is out, two (or three if you count mutations) new game modes, sprays, role-based queues, and all the usual trappings http://www.dota2.com/international/battlepass

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
the nearest medium camp for either side is pretty much mid's jungle, yeah

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is why I can't bring myself to mute team chat, because there's tons of games I've won recently where it looked like one guy was going to be a dumbass going off by himself when the team is ready to group and I have to act like his wrangler, drawing all over the map and pinging and getting him to stop walking to the jungle when two enemies are dead and we're ready to push for a rax

you don't need to have team chat unmuted for that to work

(i don't mute team chat. well, not all the time)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Bear in mind that while it's often better, the 4 doesn't have to be the offlane support. Sometimes you lose the lane if you send two melee there, or no one can nuke for the ranged creep CS, or whatever. I guess that standard developed out of the old roamer meta but it's not inherently needed

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.dota2.com/summerscrub

huge bugfix patch including some low level changes like decreased input lag, performance improvements, etc

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

DNK posted:

New Clinkz feels really good in the lane (depending on matchups can go either mid or safe with a strong support), but man his new ult skeletons do absolutely nothing.

His lategame suffers immensely for it. If you take your lane advantage to an item build like Deso + Scythe you can dominate the map, but he’s still incredibly squishy. Almost any of the current meta dominators can 100-0 you, and offlaners (and carries!) will have too much armor for you to threaten. It’s sad.

I want the old ult to come back. 28% damage hits (spread across the entire enemy team) is fuckin garbo.

yeah even with a nice 6-slot it's like 60% as much damage as the old one, and it makes the aghs lovely too

I wonder about going deso + AC, -17 armor on your target seems pretty nice but AC is expensive. Haven't tried it yet though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Lion's in an ok spot. Bane, Ogre, and Treant are all really good pub supports right now as well

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Labyrinth is fun, pick phoenix with sun ray perks for easy wins

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
some classics in the Dota+ voice lines for those situations. Nyx "talentless" Mirana "you have learned nothing" etc.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
According to Reddit the change is you can’t pause before first blood, presumably because an absurd percentage of pubs have at least a minute of pause immediately upon loading

Not sure it actually addresses the problem, since some of it is down to the dota client being unreliable. but a lot of other games don’t have pausing at all so I think people will learn to manage

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Undying and Omni in labyrinth are S-tier melee for sure, while Jugg Ursa and Void Spirit seem to be A-tier. Tusk is definitely usable too

in case anyone hasn't seen it, there's a leaderboard with builds and talents: https://stratz.com/aghanim/leaderboard?didWin=true&take=20&difficulty=GRANDMAGUS&seasonId=2

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
there's currently a lot of emphasis on having the range/melee split in the sidelanes so it can be worth picking a ranged 3 if your 4 picked melee. Heroes like veno, death prophet, viper, razor, necro can be viable options for this

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.dota2.com/primalbeast

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Acerbatus posted:

The techies changes suck, techies ruining the game for his own team wasonly a thing when the techies player sucked.

Not remotely true even in competitive

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
270 high MMR games with Primal have him at a 34% winrate http://dota2protracker.com/hero/Primal%20Beast

still early going, but looks underpowered for now

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Spring cleaning is here with some nice changes https://www.dota2.com/springcleaning

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
What mode? Ranked is usually pretty fast unless you queue safelane only. I don’t really know about other modes, but I imagine NA unranked (nonturbo) is pretty slow.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Fwiw it was maintained mostly by a single passionate weirdo for years. He announced on Reddit he was retiring from that in 2020 or 2021 I think

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The fandom one is great for hero/skill and interaction info. Liquipedia does have some game info stuff but it’s not as thorough

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
They’ve added surrender for 5man parties (post 30min) and made it possible for 5man parties to match with non-5man

https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/1544761036284104705?s=21&t=gPagr4xkPIPIHKjBovld6g

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
BP should be starting around the end of the major, based on when the collector’s cache submissions started. But we are in uncharted BP territory so don’t take my word for it

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Ojetor posted:

Who doesn't love being the solo queuer matched with a 4-stack vs a 5-stack?

this definitely can't happen because the change is only related to ranked

TOOT BOOT posted:

I wonder how many of these matchmaking changes that they've implemented every so often are just to make queue time a little more manageable as the playerbase slowly declines...

Any MM change you see is either related to reddit complaining or some kind of Valve data analysis I think. In this case there has been a steady stream of complaints about bad matchmaking for 5stacks on Reddit, with screenshots showing large medal discrepancies between two teams. (interestingly, net change in players per week is almost 0% year over year)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
it all depends on where you queue, at what skill, and what role. There are massive differences in server population worldwide https://stratz.com/players/queue

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
professional pos4 Milan was spamming that a lot ~two months back

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
people are so much better at every mmr than even two years ago, especially on euro servers (compared to USE)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Geight posted:

I didn't realize just how hard Death Prophet got nerfed until I was told to mid unexpectedly and picked her without thinking, I think that hero is the big loser of 7.32

only marci, kotl, and np took bigger overall winrate hits, so yeah. pretty bad

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
it's easy to get wins as meepo in unranked if you're just looking to pass the AHC

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.32b

7.32b!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
East coast US ping to EUW is very playable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Tiny aghs is built most games on mid tiny, you want to get daedalus afterward in an ideal game

Looks like sometimes a forced bkb or silver edge instead

https://www.dota2protracker.com/hero/Tiny