Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

cementsocks posted:

Winning mid is more important than ever, this patch...

50% of all mids lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Mightypeon posted:

Windranger is pretty hilarious now.

That nullifier item is great on her (and also great against her), she pops this + her ult and whatever she is popping it at is going to die.

Build should be something like, phase boots (to do actual damage), force staff (because why would you not get it?), nullifier (it is kind of a budget bloodthorn, just much cheaper), aghs. Then go hog wild.
Ult CD is 15 seconds, whoever you are focus fire + nullify cannot do things or move (unless he pops BKB before), and you can shoot them while running around.

I think we will see a lot of nullifiers in competetive play. Any hero with a decent manapool who does physical attacks can benefit massively from it.

blink owns too but might be necessary with the invis wind run talent

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

waiting for the patch where broodmother and techies are removed from the game

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Liquid Drink posted:

The insectoid chinese “race”

Liquid Drink posted:

Hurrrr let’s let braindead hive mind chinese design the game. For for fucks sake.

:same:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

They need to bring back guilds and random drops.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I came back for the new patch and I think I'm 0-7 so far

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Elman posted:

Jesus, I played for 3000 loving hours and only got a single legendary item (that was worth 40 cents). 99% of what you got was 2 cent crap. Why would they make it worse? :psyduck:

Because they want to make money.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I think my only valuable item is this dumb void mace that's worth like $90. How do I sell it for real money and not steam dollars?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Radical posted:

if you mean the timebreaker it is not worth that much anymore

Welp thanks anyway

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Triple Shadow Shaman Wards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1O3O6YrR6o

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

whats the thing that refreshed him after his refresher

A refresher shard. Its new and drops on Roshan's third death.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Base Camp Blanket posted:

I’m new to this game and I’ve mostly been having fun. I’ve only played unranked so far. I kind of want to at least be familiar with all the heroes before I try ranked, so I’ve been reading about each hero’s abilities when I have a spare moment. The knowledge base required to play this game well is just ridiculous, isn’t it?

It's...a lot. I've been playing on/off for at least 10 years and it's, by far, the hardest game to introduce people to. In Dota 1 there was no punishment for leavers, no matchmaking(you had no idea if you were playing new players or experts), rampant cheating on the Warcraft 3 engine, and then of course the toxic community. The game has come a long way to help beginners but the vast amount of heroes, skills, and items makes the game incredibly hard to master. I've played a lot of games and there's still a lot of heroes that I don't fully understand because I haven't taken the time to play them. I can count on one hand how many games of Arc Warden, Oracle, and Monkey King games I've played and they were released a year or two ago.

As everyone says in their pubs, "game is hard".

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

gonna stream a few games https://www.twitch.tv/risquebarber

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Relax everyone and just try to have fun

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I miss randoming

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

isnt there a mode for that?

Yeah but it's ruined. You don't get a tp scroll, you don't get bonus gold, you can't repick, you don't get the bonus iron branch for randoming, and you don't get a mango.

I can understand the change in ranked but the current patch disincentives randoming by having bad perks and a limited hero pool. Just seems like they made they made the game more "try hard" for the average unranked party players.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

I mean, randoming was kind of a dumb concept even if it was fun. "I'm going to roll a dice, and if it hits 4/5/6 then I get a gold lead over you on a hero I'm good at that fits our composition, otherwise i'l either leave or make my team wish I left"

True. Randoming can be greedy but I always tried to be the first one to pick. That way I'm not last picking a hero for a role that's already been filled. Also, I think I'd still random without the bonuses/perks if they increased the hero pool and brought back repicking.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Went 4-0 yesterday. Going for that sweet :five: tonight.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Its hard to play in this meta unless you enjoy shadow fiend, medusa, or doom. Seems like mid game heroes are just trash now.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

this morphling bug was hilarious

https://streamable.com/1i8xf

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Minorkos posted:

Admittedly I have not tried pulling the lane like that in like 3 years but don't the enemy supports use their harmful hexes and curses on you when you try to do that

There's pretty much 0 penalty for dying in the first 10 minutes and nowadays mid is a 2v2. Offlane has been a 1v1 now in high brackets.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Neon Belly posted:

Playing AA is the most fun against heroes that buy armlets.

Its funny to watch people get counterpicked, know that armlet against AA is bad, and then still build it.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

People still use IRC? Is there an AIM or ICQ chat around too?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

http://blog.dota2.com/2018/02/the-spring-cleaning-2018-update/

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

a lot going on here

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

It seems self-explanatory that getting items sooner will have give you a higher win rate but it is nice to see what items should be prioritized on certain heroes. That being said, I never understood echo sabre on CK. If you go armlet into echo I think you end up selling the echo sabre 10 minutes later because you need a better mid game item like manta or bkb.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

lohli posted:

It proccing gets you a slow that means you might not have to use your stun to keep someone in attack range and it means extra chances to crit because the "extra attack" it gives you is just a huge attack speed buff for the following attack.

I understand why some players build it. It gives mana regen, an extra proc to crit, and good stats for an illusion based hero. The slow is only 0.7 seconds so while its nice, you'll still have to use your stun.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

If you skip Sabre and get a more expensive defensive item how are you getting kills? And if you aren't getting kills how are you keeping up with carries who can farm?

My timing starts with the armlet. Once I get armlet, treads, and wand (typically around 12 minutes) I try to pick a fight with Phantasm. Phantasm has a 145 sec cool down so once it's on cool down I go back to farming. If at this point in the game I decide to go echo sabre, I'll finish it around 18 minutes (17:44 is the average time according to that chart Kild linked). At this same time the enemy team is hitting their item timings which (according to Kild's chart) could range from an earth shaker getting his blink (19:13) or invoker getting his aghs (21 mins). I'd rather be 1300 off bkb than have an echo sabre for the next fight.

It's not that I don't think echo sabre is a good item, I just don't think Chaos Knight has time to get both and if I had to pick one I'm picking Armlet every time(unless I'm against ancient apparition).

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

im glad theyre doing more to make creep stacking an actual gameplay feature and less of a weird byproduct of the war3 engine

It's nice to see Valve making more of an effort to make Dota better for beginners. When they first introduced ward ranges and creep spawn boxes a lot of older players complained that Valve was "making it too easy" and then those patches stopped for a while.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

more teamfight is always good

No thanks. I want to iron talon creeps for 20 minutes in the woods and mute my teammates.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Vando posted:

Oh come on, I know we're talking about league players but "turn the team invisible so you can sneak up on people" isn't exactly a high tier brain genius concept is it

please explain

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Kild posted:

wanted spectre

now listen here

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Pretty interesting stuff

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Fade bolt seems really good now

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

Clinkz agh's is really good right now.

Aghs + dragon lance clinkz is insane

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Oh, don't worry

I'm on that poo poo

this is the worst sky wrath build I have ever seen

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Smythe posted:

Why is it good to max conc lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

What happened to all the concussion shot haters????

IT SEEMS OKAY NOW