Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Siochain posted:

gently caress cancer. gently caress cancer so goddamn hard.

:( Sorry man.

I am going to bow out of AI:SS this year, first year doing so since it's inception I think. I don't have time or the energy. Never enough of either of those things anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

College football is good. That and motoGP are about the only sports I can stand to watch.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I'm not sorry I enjoy watching college football. It's the school's responsibility to get their debt/finances in check, not mine. If the income from it justifies it, then so be it but they are the ones making irresponsible choices and overspending. Welcome to America. :shrug:

And yes, MotoGP is awesome this year. As it has been the last few years. I can't go back to watching other forms of racing because the competitiveness and <1 hour races make it far above any other option. The guys actually have some personality and seem to all like each other (or very much not in some cases) too, so it doesn't feel fake like F1.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Agreed. You could argue problems and irresponsibility in any sport really (FIFA lol), not many people in this forum would argue against motorsports but there are tons of people that have a problem with it. Oh well.

Yeah, F1 is probably one of the worst offenders of this. Basically make countries build a new track to get it up to their spec, then make them pay the FIA to host the event. Same poo poo, different sport. Pretty sure Austin was flipping a poo poo because the F1 race almost didn't come back there a couple years back and they were still underwater.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I've been about the same weight since high school, +-15 lbs. Only 32 though, so I imagine the slippery slope will be starting soon. Still, I eat fairly well and exercise at least a few times per week.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

lovely that somebody would do that to you. :( Somebody violated rule #1.

1. Don't be an rear end in a top hat for no reason.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

That moment when you plug your power-hungry phone into your car charger.. then smell something letting the magic smoke out. Then you notice both your work and personal phone have stopped charging (dual output charger, USB A and USB C outputs.. work phone is microUSB, personal phone USB C).

Looks like I get to warranty the USB C to USB C cable. If I plug it in (even without the phone plugged in), the charger dies and gets hot, and the far side plug on the cable gets pretty warm.

I thought Cable Matters was supposed to be one of the more trustworthy USB C cable makers... this is the second one I've had fail (both from the same order last summer). They warrantied the first one fine, wonder if they'll warranty this one too.. decent USB C to USB C cables are kinda spendy for a cable. :smith:

There's some dude on amazon that reviews a bunch of them that works for google that tests the specs of them. There's a lot of lovely ones out there.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Nope okay this isn't okay. Like a 4-5 hour lag but I'm actually sad now not just internet sad. At least I work tomorrow in a very stressful job which will hopefully distract me, unironically.

Relationships are hard. You'll come out the other side ok even if it takes awhile.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Yep, I'd stay out of that for sure.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mr-Spain posted:

Bleh. I have about 3 good family friends that I don't expect to make 2019. They don't tell you when you get older and have kids that you end up having to deal with that kind of stuff.

:smith: Good luck dude.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Sold the lathe. Bought a Switch. Was able to keep the milling adapter/attachment, which sells for around $300 by itself on ebay (listed for $200 for hopefully a quick sale, m6-501) and the workbench.

Get Golf Story and the big nintendo releases. And Stardew Valley. Most of the other things on the eshop I've bought haven't been worth it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Also it's 3AM and I've been playing BotW non-stop send help

Enjoy, I put about 100 hours in that game, no regrets.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The Locator posted:

Just so I'm clear, are you guys talking about a Zelda game?

I legit thought your first post about this was a joke. But yes, it's an awesome game. It got me to buy a console, I usually only play PC. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

eyebeem posted:

Took my older two kids and the Abarth 500C to cars and coffee in south Orange County yesterday since it's right down the street now. Was happy to see that an Abarth Cabrio actually gets attention when surrounded by exotics and classics.

Is it the right type of attention? :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Wrar posted:

I use my debit card when I need cash and at the bank. That's it.

:same:

Always use credit, never had a problem getting fraudulent stuff off my CC.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

I've been with them for several years and, other than a continual uptick in billing that needs bitching to bring back down, they've been fine. Zero complaints about uptime and service, until now. One of the answers that I got was that I was just "lucky" over the past year to get 66mb. :jerkoffsmilie:

WOW and ATT are the only options where I live. We've had ATT for a couple years and they just bumped up the cost, since the "promotional rate" we've had forever ended. :jerkbag: I want to give WOW a chance but their reviews are terrible up here so I'm hesitant.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

eyebeem posted:

How loud is your breathing at rest?

:lol:

I like having In & Out when I go out west, once per trip.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Don't doxx me bro

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Zelda is amazing, Mario is only pretty good. Muuuuuch shorter than Zelda. And I'm not huge on platformers and the amount of collecting in that game for some reason.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving dudes.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The Locator posted:

I drive 52 miles one-way to work. It takes about 90 minutes on average one way, thanks to a long stretch of bumper to bumper traffic on I-10. The Focus ST still manages to average 28mpg over the tank of gas, although the stop and go stretch is obviously worse than that. I am fairly stunned how terrible the Saturn does.

Are you stunned that TT is plain full of poo poo? :v: Post your fuelly or real mpg, liar (TT). :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

If he's legit sitting in traffic for two hours a day (jesus loving christ) then I could see all that time idling tanking the mileage pretty badly.

He's exaggerating once again, just like his mpg. :lol: The traffic here can suck at rush hour but he just said he can work flex hours so he's either really bad at planning his schedule accordingly or full of it... Or we can assume he's driving WOT all day, in the dead of winter, with a dead o2 sensor and revving at every other ricer in traffic. Wouldn't be altogether implausible I guess. :rice:

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 29, 2017

• Locked thread