Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Can someone remind me the name of the guy on here who was a good welder, and I think sprayed an old BMW green? Is there still a current thread with cool welded poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That was it, thanks!

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Late for burger and cheese curds chat, but here's the eyebrow-raisingly named Ken D.P. Challenge Burger at a bar in Jasper, Canada. Beef patty, chicken breast, duck breast, cheddar, mozzarella, and double bacon, served on a double order of poutine. There was some prize if you finished it, but no one did.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

slothrop posted:

I'm so sorry dude :(

She's doing better today but drat. It came on pretty quick and she's a doctor, who was doing doctor stuff with other doctors and it almost got missed.

Pretty much all of her family is medical so I'm the only dummy sitting here with no idea what anyone is talking about.

The hospital is about 2 hours away from home, which is good because the local hospital sucks and this one is good. It's making for a bit of a commute at the moment though.

Anyways, just brain dumping in the chat thread sorry

Did it end up being meningitis? I had bacterial meningitis a long time ago, it was 24 hrs from waking up feeling sick to being in a coma (but only for a day). Luckily the ER doc gave me antibiotics before the spinal tap, as the delay would have killed me. The CDC gave her poo poo though, as it didn't let them determine the bacteria causing it for their tracking purposes, and they'd rather you die but they have more info. gently caress em.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Any recommendations for comfortable walking shoes that can breathe, and don't look too stupid? I've been wearing top siders for years and never had a problem, but they started killing my feet the last time I was on vacation months ago. I'm also pretty sure I permanently ruined a pair earlier this year by wearing them when it was 90 degrees and humid in Costa Rica, they never stopped smelling after that. I'm debating some pair of Skechers, I don't think they look too bad but my wife thinks they're horrible. They do look like they have more support than sperrys though.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

Reebok Distance 2.0 are not stupid looking (in grey at least), excellent airflow, good shock absorption, decent (but not fantastic) support. I find them comfy as gently caress. Etnies Scouts are great too, disco now I think though.

Ah poo poo I forgot I had a pair of Etnies years ago that were really comfortable, I should look into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

User Error posted:

A guy at work had a heart attack today and I used the AED on him and he came back to life. It was weird.

He blacked out while driving a forklift with his foot on the gas and hit a semi truck about 3 feet from the fuel tank. Could have been much worse.

I dunno, I don't post here much and y'all don't know me but I had to tell someone. People keep telling me I did a good job and saved his life but it feels weird. I don't like being the center of attention and I feel like I just followed a few directions and pushed a button.

Glad there weren't any user errors

• Locked thread