Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Yeah, well, you're also on fire.

It's still snowing, and the snow is so drat sticky.

It's heavy as hell to move and the bottom inch needs scraping. Hate this kind of snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DesperateDan posted:

Emergency vet took him in and gave him some pain relief after a quick exam, they are going to try squeezing the piss out of him, and if that fails then x-ray/bloods/catheter. Been a few hours and no news is good news, waiting till tonight for a full update. House feels so loving empty without him around.

Good luck. I'm dealing with a cat with FLUTD right now too :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Cats can get what is effectively bladder stones but more of a crystal "sand", it could be that.

Crystals and stones are more common, but my cat has FLUTD caused by the proteins from the inside of his swollen bladder delaminating and clogging the urethra.

We've been treating it with cartrophen (an anti-arthritis drug) and so far it seems to be helping. He does keep trying to pee outside the box, and it was super scary when he got blocked though. But there is hope :)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Dave Inc. posted:

How do cats fare as garage buddies? Right now my fiance and I have two four month old kittens that I wouldn't dare let into the garage (because everything must be tasted, eaten, and thoroughly pounced upon right now) but I'm wondering if I'll eventually be able to trust the little buggers around garage stuff.

Well, once we stop moving for work and settle into a house I'll have a chemicals cabinet I can lock--I don't have that right now so it's pretty dangerous for kitties.

My biggest worry would be spilled coolant or something like that. Cats have the world's worst kidney system, and antifreeze could probably really screw up a cat.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

angryrobots posted:

I came across this drat van today and I don't know, I kinda like it. '64 G10, straight 6 and 3 on the tree.

It's tagged and cranked right up. I might buy it, depending on what the old guy wants for it.

Buy it, one day we'll all be dead and at least then you can have "had an awesome van" written on your gravestone.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Nope okay this isn't okay. Like a 4-5 hour lag but I'm actually sad now not just internet sad. At least I work tomorrow in a very stressful job which will hopefully distract me, unironically.

I'm sorry to hear, buddy. It's going to be tough for awhile, but you will come out stronger than before.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

DJ Commie posted:

More like the non-colorblind person should pick the color. :wtf:

A couple years ago my mom went to go visit her family and my dad (who is colourblind) decided to paint their bathroom as a surprise, so he enlisted the kids to come help. He swore up and down that the paint chip he found in the bathroom was the one that she had picked out.

For about a year they had a blood-red and I mean blood-red bathroom.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
The nice thing about suburbs is, chances are if you keep your mouth shut someone else will say it for you.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

trouser chili posted:

Feeling a bit down about the wagon, I pulled the ITR from storage. Took it for a little shake down cruise and it somehow sheared the crankshaft bolt. The main pully dropped, shredded all the accessory belts and timing belt on the highway. What's left of the crankshaft bolt is broke off inside the crankshaft. The engine sounded very sick and surely bent valves. I'm so sad.

Aww dang. Hope you can get the ITR fixed. I love both your Hondas.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

NitroSpazzz posted:

Way late to radio chat but I picked up a Kienzle MCR 1016 BT for the E28. Decent amount of functions while not being too flashy or ugly to look at in something older.

edit: I bought mine off eBay in Germany or UK

It has Bluetooth? I dig it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Preoptopus posted:

so after 5 months of being out of the business my new career move isnt gaining any traction. Old shop called me today asking if id come back. I really dont know what to do and never been so lost before. :suicide:

No shame in going back, especially for more money/autonomy. Obviously you were valued.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

DesperateDan posted:

Baby Driver/Atomic Blonde was a really good film combo

That's beautiful.

Atomic Blonde has the best Lada content of any film I've ever seen.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kimbo305 posted:

:argh: cut the gap from the bumper too big:

even though this started out as bodge-fuckery, I'm gonna have to close the gap up before sanding.

Did you clean the rust out on the backside of the fender and seal that poo poo up too? Otherwise it'll just rust from the back and get trapped against the bondo. Hopefully it's thin enough now that it's only surface right now.

Also, get a bondo rasp because it will save you so much time shaping that poo poo.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It's been a year today since my mom died. Kind of strange to believe it's already been a year

The anniversaries are the worst :(

Good luck, man.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

Nah, this is the only thing they've asked me to do that makes me uncomfortable, and that's because *I, personally* am uncomfortable with cold calling and pretending to be someone else. I don't improv (AKA bullshit) well, and it's vaguely stupid and poorly planned anyway. I like the work. I build and deploy machines. It's 99% at the local office, and there's none of that call metric/ticket queue metric SLA garbage. The other two IT guys at this location are permanent employees, and, outside of a few very specific things, they've treated me like an employee. I got to go to San Diego for their annual conference, and participate in whatever parties and such that they provide. I mean, I've had ample time to type this up...
I hate for it to boil down to money, but I got to pay the bills, unfortunately.
This stuff with the pretexting calls is me just being... me (spergie.)

You should subcontract to the skeeziest con artist you can find in the city. It's over the phone...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Coincidentally, was talking to a 20-something guy a few weeks ago and he was describing some guy he that had this super slicked back hair. I asked if it was like the girls from the Palmer video... and he had absolutely no idea what I was talking about :bahgawd:

I just assumed everyone knew about that video. Guess not :(

If he's in his 20s he's never seen MTV run a music video, and perhaps only vaguely remembers Much running music videos.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

jamal posted:

I occasionally go to 5-guys and don't dislike it, but man do I miss in-n-out. And actually carl's jr. A Superstar is probably my favorite greasy fast food burger.

We just got Carls Jr and so far I don't see the appeal at all. Would rather have Jack In The Box.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

The Locator posted:

Happy Thanksgiving goons.

The AIest way to celebrate False American Thanksgiving is to head on down to Pick Your Part for El Pulpo's Turkey Day Turkey Chase!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCwIxCpDupo

El Pulpo's Managers posted:

Pay a quarter and get the chance to chase a real, live turkey around a junkyard. If you manage to rope it, you get to bring it home for your Thanksgiving meal! Not everyone thought it was as great an idea, so Pick Your Part ended up donating all the turkeys free to good homes.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

I actively prefer turkey or chicken sandwiches over the main meal. Good bread, mayo, salt and pepper. Nomnomnom

Open-faced turkey sandwich with stuffing, soaked in gravy.

I should do both American and Canadian Thanksgiving next year. Double sandwiches.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the only thing i get on linkedin are recruiters who want me to come work for their company doing the same or similar job for about 10% less than what i currently make, which is already $40,000 under the market average for someone with my skills

I like to tell them that I'll need a $40,000 raise to make me leave my awesome company and it works great

A couple years ago, Amazon had the worst recruiters. I'd get like four or five messages a day from them.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Deleted my linkedin after the breach

I feel like the LinkedIn for me is like a crutch, I should probably delete it because the sort of "they'll come to me!" fantasy is pretty strong.

They do come to me, but it's basically just all lovely recruiters. I feel like the good stuff has to be chased at least a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That dude probably drives a Dodge Ram and has no fun in his life.

• Locked thread