Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

spog posted:

So how much do you guys pay for AAA or the like?

(Healthcare discussion, but for cars not people)

E: genuine question, I am interested. £59/year to cover me in any vehicle towed to nearest garage, £109 with recovery to any location of my choice.

$110 CAD/year for the same, I think the tow distance is anywhere within 160 km.

e: gently caress, Siochain, that is terrible. Condolences :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I can see that. My commute to work is 12 km, so twice a day * 5 days a week * 48 weeks a year = 5760 km/year in work commute, and maybe 1250 km in road trips etc?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The proper use of cheese curds is on top of fries and covered in a dark turkey or veal gravy and I will not hear otherwise :colbert:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Darchangel posted:

I have got to try poutine eventually.
I think there's actually a place to get it here in Dallas.

edit: Oh, goody!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/maple-leaf-diner-dallas?osq=Poutine

As long as they're not using like, shredded or cubed cheese in its construction you're good. One must use cheese curds when crafting poutine. Gravy needs to be of a medium thickness; not watery, but not so thick that it can't spread between the fries and melt the curds just enough that they string when you pick up the fries.

e: Oh yeah judging by that Yelp that looks like some well-crafted poutine.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm concerned about what this is going to do to data transit costs. ISPs up here in Canada could get massively hosed if the exchanges in the US start charging premiums on certain traffic. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mileage chat: 25.8 MPG (9.1 L/100 km) in my 86 and my commute is 14 km (8.7 mi).

I fill up once a month.

I'm so sorry.

• Locked thread