Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Pretty much. Or some nebulous lean/rich code.

Also, anymore I just like an angry orchard cider. Or a chocolate porter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Depends on which one. Crisp apple and whayever the sour apple one is are good. The others are meh. Strongbow is another good cider.

Edit: Johnny appleseed also is delicious.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 1, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I'll take a step back because I'm #unpopular-opinion.

Can we all agree, however, that before we increase taxes on the upper middle class and higher that there should be some social welfare reform? At least in the policing and administration of the programs so that people who actually need help, get it, and people who are leeching off the system, aren't?

And who exactly do you feel are the people leeching off the system? Hmmmm? What color skin might they have? :allears:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I had someone tonight ask if I could get p clips in bulk, say 0.79/ea was too rich for his blood, then bought packaged ones off the shelf that were $1/ea.

He then complained that the exhaust pipes he picked out had different thicknesses, then complained when I proved with a pair of digital calipers (with a stated 0.002" margin of error because lol $10 parts store digital calipers) that they were 0.0015" different and were fine for 1/16th inch wall pipe. This was a great injustice upon mankind despite the fact that 30 seconds with a file cleaning up the cut edge fixes his problem.

Then he started a rant about how this was "all them drat japs fault for being a bunch of theiving scumbags" (the pipes measured 0.0625 and 0.064, he got extra), so I figured I'd be helpful and point out that the bulk pipe was made in canada and cut, flared and bent at a factory elsewhere. This just made him angrier because I was obviously lying, canada doesn't make anything, its all a scam because their labor is cheaper anyways.

I swear I'm gonna just stop trying to help the customers. They apparently just don't want it. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Motortrend went to an Wannagofast event for their modified show. I went to one of the florida events in january of this year and it was awesome. The sheer sound of violence on some of those cars just is not captured on camera and needs to be witnessed in person. If you have one of their events in your area, its definitely worth the trip. The pits are also open so you can walk around and talk to the drivers, owners, guys who run the performance shops and of course lots of vendors. Its just tons of gorgeous high horsepower cars going flat out and a really good time all around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4a1KNZpwBc

https://wannagofast.com/events/

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 9, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Darchangel posted:

Holy poo poo there's one right by me this weekend!
You are the MAN. I know what I'm doing Saturday and/or Sunday.

Like I said, its a good waste of a saturday and/or a sunday.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Ooops haha. Fixed, thanks.

Was the one you went to in Ocala? Looks like it's going to be there this January, I think I'm gonna go my son will loving love it.

Yeah, ocala. If I can swing it I'm going to the january ones again this year. You've said he loves super cars, so he'd probably get a kick out of all the GTRs hanging around. There were also a few lambos and a dealership fresh ferrari 488 out there. Its definitely a good time, but I'd consider bringing him some ear plugs since some of the straight piped stuff is just brutally loud and definitely bring a cooler with drinks and food. They have concessions on site, but its standard expensive event food.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 9, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Tokyo drift is better. :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Darchangel posted:

On a completely different topic, I went to the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile event on Saturday. It was fun, but I was expecting a bit more variety. It was pretty much dominated by GM LSx at this one, on that day. Who knows what showed up on Sunday, but it was literally 80% LSx - Lots of Camaros, C5s and C6s, and a whole freaking shitload of CTS-Vs, bot the brand new ones , and a whole lot more of the last gens, including a few wagons. A couple or 3 C4 Corvettes, one LSx pickup (that I never saw run), A few Mercedes Benze AMGs, including an E63 wagon that sounded like doom when it ran - so very noticeable after all the LSx GMs - one lone VW GTI (Mark IV, I think - it was pretty epic really), an AMG G63, a handful of Porsches - including a 918 Hybrid, which was neat, a passel of Lamborghinis of various flavors, including a couple Super Legerras, a smattering of Audis including an R8, and some other stuff. The only musclecars present were a lone '69 Camaro, and an actual top-speed prepped third-gen Trans Am that moved pretty damned quick. Japanese flavors included a few WRXes, 2 Mark IV Supras, and a pair of 300 ZXes, one that was turbo'd out the wazoo. Oh, and a pair of McLarens. One of which was a P1, I believe. Oh, duh, forgot about the batch of R35 GTRs. One of those had front-mount turbos and was just evil.
FTD that I saw was just over 250 MPH, set by a Lambo that was twin turbo'd.
The McLarens did 240, and most of the other Lambos topped 200.

Yeah, ours is about 35% LS powered, 30% GTR, 35% everything else as well. Sadly, it kinda goes with the territory of top speed events like wannagofast/tx2k/fl2k/etc. People tend to drive what works if they're out there trying to be competitive. Also, I saw video of that 250mph warmup run. Apparently on followup runs he got up to 268mph before breaking something. :catstare:

Edit: Oh, almost forgot to ask if kooks was out there with their 300c. That thing manages to sound like the entirety of ww2 is trying to exit the tailpipes when it lets loose.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 14, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

The Locator posted:

Random music chat.

For many years my favorite 'genre' of music has been European female-fronted metal bands, preferably without any male vocals at all.

So a question I never even thought of was recently answered... What happens when you take 4 already successful female lead singers from different bands (with different styles) and put them together into a single group and have them record an album of covers of various pop artists (Depeche Mode, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Backstreet Boys, etc.)??

The answer is "Exit Eden".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8nafVgHtZ8

The soaring soprano voice is the big blonde, Amanda Somerville. Her and the little latina Marina La Torraca have the best voices by far IMO, but somehow they make the others work well in the mix.

Not sure if anyone else here will like it, but I'm really digging it at the moment.

Also, "Napalm Records" is the best label. :v:

They really are one of the best labels. It seems like every time I find a band I like, they're signed to napalm. Also, that song makes me think of old nightwish.

Edit: While not all european, bands like Lacuna Coil, In This Moment, Amaranthe and Arch Enemy are all good. Spotify also has a p. good women in metal playlist.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 17, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
^^^
Thats loving adorable and :kimchi: and stuff, but shes 100% right. How do you forget the mane on a unicorn? Its kinda important man.

Nuclear Blast also has alot of good bands too. Also, more metal needs bagpipes, flutes and violins in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w2m-TeLi6I

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 17, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

The Locator posted:

If you like solid male vocals in this style, Kamelot is great, and is actually from the US, but I think their style is a lot closer to the European rock than anything here.

A coworker of my dad's had a bunch of their albums that he let my dad borrow when I was in highschool that we'd jam out to in my dad's truck. It was one of my first introductions to that style of music and I loved it. Coincidentally, the town I moved to in florida has a highschool where one of the band member's wives (the singer's wife iirc) taught english, so a bunch of people in the area have met him.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I've been getting increasingly pissed off that forza horizon 3 was set in australia and didn't have a 73 ford falcon xb coupe in it. Because what the gently caress is the point of having a bunch of australian fords and holdens in the game if you didn't have that one?

Well, the game posted up a barn find rumor (where they give you a search area and you track down the barn containing an old iconic car) saying some dude in all torn up leather parked a car in a shed and then wandered into the wasteland to await the end of the world, go find it. Cue me dropping everything and hauling rear end to the circle. And yes, you can stick a blower on it. And it has the right shape on the air scoop and every thing. That fixed my one complaint with the game, I love it now. :haw:

Excuse me, I need to ride shiny and chrome.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Couldn't finish a single plate. Also, no pie. Pie sucks. Cheesecake or bust imo.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Man, I thought you were cool.

Good god, what gave you that idea? I'm horribly uncool.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Rhyno posted:

Curses!

I've been passively trying to sell the Speed6, a bit bored with it and it has a load of cosmetic issues. The other night a dude put up his for sale with a bad motor for $2K. I figured maybe for $1200 it would be worth it as a parts car. But then tonight he put it up for $500 and it's 3 hours away and GOD drat IT i just made a bunch of payments and am cash strapped for like 5 days and he won't hold it without cash down.

Adulting sucks.

In the off chance you get it, can I call dibs on the calipers and brackets? I need them for *reasons* and don't want to gently caress with core shenanigans. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
22.5 seconds to get to 60? I enjoy using more than the first 1/2" of pedal travel tyvm.

• Locked thread