Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I desperately wish more fitness instructors would tell women to lift weights. The secret to looking 'toned' is having some muscle, and the female bodybuilder look that is used to scare people off isn't possible without a ton of work and usually chemical assistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Bunch a fatties ITT.

I am 5'8" and weighed 230+ a few years ago.id gotten it down to 205 which seemed perfectly fine to me. Currently 163. Despite muscle gains I still have some flab and I'd like to get under 160 by February.

Yeah, I'm heavier than I want to be too. Turns out you can't move to a desk job with limited mobility from a busted up knee and keep eating like you're doing heavy physical work. Down 30lbs so far since I got back to the gym, hoping to drop double that by summer because being six and a half feet tall is enough of a pain without being fat on top of it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

slidebite posted:

Stove top stuffing flavor potato chips?

Oh god, I'd be all over this like a fat kid on candy. Couldn't be worse for me than the real thing, right?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

puberty worked me over posted:

Never do contract work unless you have absolutely no other choice.

Truth. Only thing worse than contract work is flat rate wrenching or janitorial.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Been listening to a lot of Punk lately, I just love me some early Black Flag :allears:

Are you aware of Gogol Bordello? Caught them live a couple weeks ago, it was great. They're on that weird edge between punk, folk, and ska of all things.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkIwO_X4i4

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Dannywilson posted:

Gogol Bordello is loving rad, I saw a show they did in 2009 where the thing ended with 25 people on stage and the lead singer was using an office trash can upsidedown as a drum, and goddamn it's one was one of the best performances I've ever seen.

E: it's the best hungover thing I've ever seen, and that includes people wandering in front of me with full bags of sausage biscuits and gravy sides.

EE: we decided it was worth getting hosed up to so we shotgunned beers to it too.

They impressed the hell out of me. Almost a 2 hour set straight through, never let up on the intensity. Took a ten minute beer break, then came back out for three more songs and ended on an acoustic guitar and crowd singing take on Redemption Song. I was a wreck after that show, no way not to dance.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah. A brass band outfit called Lucky Chops opened for them, and came back out a couple times during Gogol's set, so there were like 15 people on stage. It was nus in a good way.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

We just got a 5 Guys here last year, and after the initial rush, it's a ghost town. Local fast food chain B-Bops is the best thing going. All they do is basic fast food, and they can get you a cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake for six bucks.

Joke's on the 5 Guys too, as they're building one right across the street now.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

The real problem is, if I understand it, that there's an issue with ISPs having a monopoly in certain areas? In the UK, I think what would happen is the one ISP to say "yeah, we're not doing that" would clean up, but that can only work if you have something approaching an open market.

Yeah, you see the thing is that the ISPS own most of the copper and fiber. Thanks to our addiction to graft, we didn't build that poo poo out as a utility, just gave subsidies to telecoms to do it. So outside of places with strong competition, most of the US is straight hosed because 1 or at most 2 companies can even provide broadband to them without needing to build a whole parallel infrastructure first.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Ajit Pai is not an individual. He's a collection of cockroaches stuffed into an even bigger rear end in a top hat's skin. Why let a previous telcom CEO lead the FCC?!

Because the administration that appointed him has the literal stated goal of removing any and all regulation created by the Obama administration because Obama. That's all. There is no deeper goal here beyond hating Obama and sucking the crusty dicks of their corporate donors.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Sliced. Who does it the other way?

Also the moment a bun splits apart, a hot dog transforms into a sandwich.

Why not both? My cranberry sauce is a jello mold from the 50's my family has made traditional.

Cranberry orange relish, raspberries, lemon and raspberry gelatin, and lemon lime soda.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Siochain posted:

Heavy loving weekend. Buried my sister-in-law, who's been in my life for most of it (30 plus years). Cancers a bitch.
Got together with family - lots of laughing, lots of crying, and lots of drinking. I feel a little better about it, but poo poo still sucks.

Anyways, go hug your loved ones.

poo poo sucks, yo. We buried my uncle on Tuesday. Made Thanksgiving real weird.

CommieGIR posted:

I've had this happen twice this week: I have 10 years of IT experience and worked for various big name companies. Plus I'm a veteran :911:

No, I don't want to do desktop support for $12/hr.

That poo poo never stops. I still get recruiters trying to pick me up for six month desktop support contracts via LinkedIn.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 29, 2017

• Locked thread